"Denuvo expands into anti-cheat protection" - PCGamesN

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

"Denuvo expands into anti-cheat protection" - PCGamesN

Post by Darkedone02 »

"Denuvo, currently the most hated name in videogame DRM, has plans to expand into a new form of gaming protection: anti-cheat. The company’s cheat protections are scheduled to launch soon, but we don’t know what games will make use of it or exactly what sort of measures it will take."

[Link]

Sauce
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Re: "Denuvo expands into anti-cheat protection" - PCGamesN

Post by Sauce »

I thought when this came up before it was shown they were talking mobile.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Oh boy. As if EAC wasn't enough

Deepthroat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Deepthroat »

Sauce wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:48 am
I thought when this came up before it was shown they were talking mobile.
This actually ain't Denuvo doing, they were bought by Irdeto, Irdeto that is interested in entering the Anti-Cheat market.
Also this may affect Single-Player as well, as they stated they want to protect games with Micro-Transactions as well.
“Denuvo’s Anti-Cheat technology, which is soon to be launched as a full end-to-end solution, will prevent hackers in multiplayer games from manipulating and distorting data and code to gain an advantage over other gamers or bypass in-game micro-transactions,” the company says.
Nothing good is coming out of this.
STN wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:02 am
Oh boy. As if EAC wasn't enough
I say EAC was never a problem, it's easy to bypass (specially if you stick to Single-Player (OFFLINE)),
Denuvo on the other hand is an entirely different Story.

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

This is a Declaration of War apparently, at this point I think CPY and cheat engine should work together on keeping our freedom to cheat on offline games only.

koderkrazy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by koderkrazy »

Games are going to get more slow. :x
What next hourly charges for the games?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

koderkrazy wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:34 am
What next hourly charges for the games?
Even Windows is trying to go with the "software as a service" model. And some game publisher trying it, just sounds about right; unfortunately.

JohnFK
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by JohnFK »

Darkedone02 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:26 am
This is a Declaration of War apparently, at this point I think CPY and cheat engine should work together on keeping our freedom to cheat on offline games only.
You're mixing way too much. First of all Denuvo said their anticheat is about multiplayer. Secondly CPY doesn't care about freedom or cheats or whatever you care about. For them its a challenge to crack DRM, anticheat is not of their business except they had to deal with it for cracking DRM. And lately, Dark Byte is not the guy for making an alliance with piracy + not the guy for trying to beat a company with million budget. He's trying to stay out of sight for most things for a good reason.

Keep calm and see what publishers make out of it and how its going to work. Maybe it doesn't care about health, maybe it only cares about micro transactions? Maybe its only active for multiplayer environment? Maybe its just a shitty VM of a bought product like Denuvo is which can prevent crackers from doing their job of modifying a static executable but works as shit for memory injections in dynamic memory?!

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

JohnFK wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 pm
Darkedone02 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:26 am
You're mixing way too much. First of all Denuvo said their anticheat is about multiplayer. Secondly CPY doesn't care about freedom or cheats or whatever you care about. For them its a challenge to crack DRM, anticheat is not of their business except they had to deal with it for cracking DRM. And lately, Dark Byte is not the guy for making an alliance with piracy + not the guy for trying to beat a company with million budget. He's trying to stay out of sight for most things for a good reason.

Keep calm and see what publishers make out of it and how its going to work. Maybe it doesn't care about health, maybe it only cares about micro transactions? Maybe its only active for multiplayer environment? Maybe its just a shitty VM of a bought product like Denuvo is which can prevent crackers from doing their job of modifying a static executable but works as shit for memory injections in dynamic memory?!
All I care mostly about is cheating in single-player/offline modes games... if I cannot for the life of me, able to cheat in the next assassin's creed game because of denuvo latest update, then I won't buy the game period (and that will be disappointing as I am hyped for the game).

Sauce
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by Sauce »

If anything, cheating makes me buy more games, as I can go through them at the pace I want to.