Cheat engine unknown scan type taking years

Anything Cheat Engine related, bugs, suggestions, helping others, etc..
Sremmurd
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Sremmurd »

Does anyone know how to speed it up? trying to hack wolcen with decrease/increase/unknown search but it runs out of memory and takes like 5 minutes for the scans to complete every first scan.

Should I just buy an SSD? cheat engine huge hobby of mine probably would be a good idea to upgrade? I tried using "less" memory regions aka 000001 to 7ffffff etc

koderkrazy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by koderkrazy »

Here are a few things that might help:

1. If you are big fan of using 'Value type'=All then check menu Edit->setting->Scan settings:

[Link]

Most of the times values are either 4byte integer or Floats. So depending on your search set these.

2. Also in above settings screenshot, there is temporary scan file location setting.

Set this to drive which has good rpm, huge free disk space. Needless to say don't use usb or external media.

These files sizes tend to go in multiple GBs. Also check this folder periodically to delete left files.

Also increase virtual memory in windows to avoid out of memory.

3. For float or double values searches, If you see numbers in game as integer then change setting to rounded default. Rounded extreme gives huge unnecessary results.

4. Most of the times this work for me. Not sure about other setups.

When you start with 'unknown initial value' , do Changed and Unchanged values only till numbers get near 12 millions. Then you can use increased decreased with good speed.

If you do unknown initial value and immediately do increased or decreased value then it takes huge time.

5. In your searches try not to have 0 as possible value. Because default value for addresses are 00. Try to specify values between.
Last edited by koderkrazy on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Eric
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by Eric »

For unknown initial scans you need more RAM. And if possible fast as well