Surviving Mars Cheat Engine Cheats

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
Pernicio
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Pernicio »

Since the [URL='https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/surviving-mars.6239/']https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/[B]surviving[/B]-[B]mars[/B].6239/[/URL] got hijacked from Cheat Table requesters to Mod makers, this thread is intended to be used JUST for the use of Cheat Engine discoveries and to be able to use cheats without disabling achievements, if the mod policies ever change on the future patches.

I'm currently looking for information about the following (but not limited to);

1. Is it possible to enable additional Breakthroughs via Cheat Engine?

2. How to enable the built in Cheat Menu with Cheat Engine?

A little summary of what I have discovered so far;

[B][U][SIZE=5]Infinite resources[/SIZE][/U][/B]

To make all resource infinite on any RC Transport, one way to do it is like this.

[U]Recommended to run the game in "borderless window" mode[/U]

Cheat engine settings;

--Scan Type = Exact Value

--Value Type = 8 Bytes

--Writable = ON

--Fast Scan = 2 (alignment)

- First add 1 of each resource to your RC Transport.

- Go to Cheat Engine and type to "Value" 1000 and make the first scan

- After the scan finishes, go back to the game and add 1 resource of each type, so you have 2 of each resources.

- Go to cheat engine and select "Scan Type: Increased Value by..." and at the "Value", make sure it says 1000. Press Next Scan.

- Now there is usually just the resources you need to add to the table to make their amount locked.

There might also be several unknown variables that change in tandem with the resource quantity, but it is safe to try out changing every value that has 2000 in them at this point. If you run the game in borderless window mode, you can verify what values are from what resource, by running the cheatengine on top of the game window and selecting the RC Transport. Then start changing the values to 3000, so the resource should show "3" in the RC Transport.

[B][U][SIZE=5]Infinite Sponsor Money[/SIZE][/U][/B]

[U]Exactly the same as above.[/U]

Cheat engine settings;

--Scan Type = Exact Value

--Value Type = 8 Bytes

--Writable = ON

--Fast Scan = 2 (alignment)

-See from the "Resupply" menu how much you have money, and add 6 zeros to it (The sponsor money values are always in millions).

-At the Cheat Engine, put your money amount to to the "Value" bracket, for example; 3000M is 3 000 000 000 (without spaces). Press the "First Scan".

Usually that is all it takes to find the Sponsor Money value. To refine the search if needed, you could need to spend or earn money, and for the [B]next scan[/B] select [B]Scan Type[/B] "Increased Value" or "Decrased Value".

Also check out this thread for more discoveries; [URL]https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/collaboration-on-survive-mars.6244/[/URL]

There might be better ways of doing these, as these are done with the very basics of how to use the Cheat Engine. If you have any other useful Cheat Engine tips, please tell them and I will add them to this first post.
Last edited by Send on Tue May 01, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Send
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Send »

[USER=6524]@Pernicio[/USER] Moved to Specific Game Discussion.

ChoGGi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ChoGGi »

>1. Is it possible to enable additional Breakthroughs via Cheat Engine?

You could change the amount via Consts.BreakThroughTechsPerGame or maybe g_Consts.BreakThroughTechsPerGame (defaults to 13)

then find the address in CE?

>2. How to enable the built in Cheat Menu with Cheat Engine?

The function to show the console is "dlgConsole:Show(true)", you could replace the function with one that stores a certain number and find it that way?

Even if the devs disable achievements with mods, you can still edit the game by creating "Surviving MarsBinAssetsAssetsRevision.lua" then loading stuff through there (just make sure to put "return *current asset revision*" at the end).

I hope this doesn't count as hijacking ;)
Last edited by ChoGGi on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

superqboi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by superqboi »

can anyone help me trying to pin down the value after starting a new game, while still in orbit. trying to change/find the value for the orbital satellites so I can freeze the value until i get the entire map scanned out for optimal starting location selection.