Battletech

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
clzcoolzpro
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Battletech

Post by clzcoolzpro »

[QUOTE="Reaper1222, post: 44195, member: 122"]hi can someone help me? how can i make ++, and +++ weapons to appear in shops? with unlimited buy option?[/QUOTE]

THIS

I tried editing it in the shops folder even after editing requirements tags etc it wouldn't show. So i thought it had something to do with the word STOCK in the weapons 0 folder so i added that too on the other weapons but it didn't work

ShadowOfTheVale
Cheater
Cheater

Battletech

Post by ShadowOfTheVale »

I haven’t been able to get the mechs or weapons to show up in shops either.

I’ve edited the SteamsteamappscommonBATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatashopsshopdef_Mech_0.json file, added mechs and changed their rarity and set true to being able to purchase, then even tried starting a new game but still can’t see them show up in any shop.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong :(
Last edited by ShadowOfTheVale on Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

clzcoolzpro
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Battletech

Post by clzcoolzpro »

[QUOTE="ShadowOfTheVale, post: 44250, member: 12925"]I haven’t been able to get the mechs or weapons to show up in shops either.

I’ve edited the SteamsteamappscommonBATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatashopsshopdef_Mech_0.json file, added mechs and changed their rarity and set true to being able to purchase, then even tried starting a new game but still can’t see them show up in any shop.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong :([/QUOTE]

One of the guys here provided mech0 file. The thing is, he put it as [U]planet_manufacturing[/U]. You need to find a planet with [U]manufacturing[/U] in it.

Also the reason why i couldn't find [U]gauss weapon in shops[/U] because there is a separate folder i need to edit. The folder is [U]weapons.[/U]

Apparently in the folder, it set gauss as [U]purchaseable false[/U]

Edit1: trying to set rarity to 0. Apparently stock weapons have rarity set to 0 means it can be found anywhere

Edit2: According to [URL='https://www.fearlessrevolution.com/battletech/users/5547236']UndefinedT[/URL] , it is difficult to get the weapons part working because the game is very specific about which weapon is sold where

Edit3: I now have access to all weapons in shops EXCEPT gauss. WTF??!!

Edit4: Hell yeah! Gauss rifle available for sale! Woohoo!

Just google fearless nexusmod download undefinedT mod change rarity in weapons to 0 all done
Last edited by clzcoolzpro on Wed May 02, 2018 4:51 am, edited 5 times in total.

Saisla
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Saisla »

I little reedited confings from [B][USER=1274]HEROES[/USER] [/B](post #72) and from my last post[B].[/B]

So:

-store will have only ++ and +++ weapons

-store will have ER-type weapons (erppc and others). They dont have a ++ or +++ variants

-store will have gaussrifle with ammo. Dont have ++ and +++ too

-store will have most components and upgrades (including unpurchasable double heatsinks, that now can be buyed)

-store will have most mechs with "cheated" blackknight6B( devs gives him 4 double heatsinks in each leg. Most mechs can have only 1 dhs in leg)

How install ( i have steam version):

1) Put downloaded Data folder in SteamsteamappscommonBATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssets

2) Fly to system with "manufacturing"

3) Dont forget to give yourself some money - stuff isnt cheap.

Anexgohan
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Anexgohan »

[QUOTE="Saisla, post: 44259, member: 10549"]I little reedited confings from [B][USER=1274]HEROES[/USER] [/B](post #72) and from my last post[B].[/B]

So:

-store will have only ++ and +++ weapons

-store will have ER-type weapons (erppc and others). They dont have a ++ or +++ variants

-store will have gaussrifle with ammo. Dont have ++ and +++ too

-store will have most components and upgrades (including unpurchasable double heatsinks, that now can be buyed)

-store will have most mechs with "cheated" blackknight6B( devs gives him 4 double heatsinks in each leg. Most mechs can have only 1 dhs in leg)

How install ( i have steam version):

1) Put downloaded Data folder in SteamsteamappscommonBATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssets

2) Fly to system with "manufacturing"

3) Dont forget to give yourself some money - stuff isnt cheap.[/QUOTE]

what did you change to make the ++ and +++ appear more please tell I dont want all the changes you have made, so i'll make my own.

Saisla
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Saisla »

[QUOTE="Anexgohan, post: 44267, member: 16661"]what did you change to make the ++ and +++ appear more please tell I dont want all the changes you have made, so i'll make my own.[/QUOTE]

If you need only weapons without gauss and ER - then you need only shopdef_Weapons_base_0.json and shopdef_Weapons_base_1.json from "shop" folder. Coz all I did - just put in that 2 files all special weapons and delete stock weapons. And dont forget to edit SimGameConstants.json.

Anexgohan
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Anexgohan »

[QUOTE="Saisla, post: 44270, member: 10549"]If you need only weapons without gauss and ER - then you need only shopdef_Weapons_base_0.json and shopdef_Weapons_base_1.json from "shop" folder. Coz all I did - just put in that 2 files all special weapons and delete stock weapons. And dont forget to edit SimGameConstants.json.[/QUOTE]

I dont want new weapons I just want the ++ and +++ versions of the base game weapons to be in the shops more. which files to change?

cowbot
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by cowbot »

Heres a [URL='https://ufile.io/jou6n']patch[/URL] that allows pressing the "confirm" salvage button in AAR even if you've somehow got more than 7 priority salvage (by setting "PrioritySalvageModifier" in SimGameConstants higher than default, for example), but you can still only select no more than 7 items, needs a proper ui patch to get around that.

Dll is from a GOG version, it goes into "BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataManaged" folder. Keep a copy of your original file for backup!
Last edited by cowbot on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saisla
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Saisla »

[QUOTE="Anexgohan, post: 44272, member: 16661"]I dont want new weapons I just want the ++ and +++ versions of the base game weapons to be in the shops more. which files to change?[/QUOTE]

You need "shopdef_Weapons_base_0.json" and "shopdef_Weapons_base_1.json" in data/shop from my archive.

Mordino
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Mordino »

[QUOTE="StonerMk2, post: 44004, member: 10916"]What you can do if your trying to get Double Heatsinks is find the file(s) to make them purchasable in the store. The files you want to look at is Gear_HeatSink_Generic_Double.json in the heatsinks folder (open it up in something like Notpad++) and the file shopdef_Components_intro.json in the shops folder. Obviously this will just make the buyable, and you can make them cost nearly nothing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that. You are a rockstar. Btw I found that I also had to modify other shop files to get DHS available.

For anyone interested in DHS only mod. Here are my files.

Don't forget to backup your stuff.

It goes to BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdata
Last edited by Mordino on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

cowbot
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by cowbot »

[SPOILER="NVM, got it"]Has anyone got any luck with adding custom weapons?[/SPOILER]

But still have a problem that only 1-2 pieces of my custom gear is avalaible per planet.
Last edited by cowbot on Wed May 02, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

woodrax
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Battletech

Post by woodrax »

Just a quick question: Do you know how one might modify the JSON files so that you can increase the speed of various mechs? Attempted to mod the items in the "chassis" folder, in the "TopSpeed": 160, setting, but that had no affect. I am assuming the "movement" folder is more likely, but wanted to see if anyone had fiddled with those settings.

Edit: Got this figured out. You can jack with the settings for each mech in the Movement folder, and make them walk, run, and jump faster and further.
Last edited by woodrax on Wed May 02, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cowbot
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by cowbot »

[QUOTE="woodrax, post: 44315, member: 14936"]Just a quick question: Do you know how one might modify the JSON files so that you can increase the speed of various mechs? Attempted to mod the items in the "chassis" folder, in the "TopSpeed": 160, setting, but that had no affect. I am assuming the "movement" folder is more likely, but wanted to see if anyone had fiddled with those settings.[/QUOTE]

If you wanna do that just to have fun, then I suggest modifying max JJ number.

StonerMk2
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by StonerMk2 »

[QUOTE="Mordino, post: 44279, member: 4472"]Thank you for that. You are a rockstar. Btw I found that I also had to modify other shop files to get DHS available.

For anyone interested in DHS only mod. Here are my files.

Don't forget to backup your stuff.

It goes to BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdata[/QUOTE]

Lol no problem man. Hmm its odd, the only shop i modified was the intro one and its been there since. Granted im not far into the game tbh...ive played a BUNCH of the contracts and just the one main story mission with getting the Argo (i think) lol so i may find that ill have to edit the other shops lol

Tetnacious
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Tetnacious »

To enable debug widget without editing assemblies.

Just edit BattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatadebugsettings.json

add

[CODE=json]"testToolsEnabled": true,[/CODE]

Now you can start campaign in debug mode. Which allows you to skip missions, and bring up the debug widget with Ctrl + Shift + Minus.