Using data structures to find corrosponding values

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
Cowtow
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Cowtow »

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a cheat that will allow me to eliminate cooldowns on abilities in dragon age 2.

At first, I tried to do this via Auto Assemble script, but most of my attempts to play wiht nopping certain values ending in game crashing, so ive opted instead to try using data structures to find the values of the cooldowns on each of my spells. I have managed to find the values i need within the data structure..but i dont know how to use them, and icant seem to find a tutorial that points me in the right direction. (though im probably being dumb, and just not using cheat engine right to begin with.)

Anyway, this is what my data structure and values look like, with the value of each spells cooldown highlighted:

[IMG]http://puu.sh/AbMEe/d80d22d3e0.png[/IMG]

The basic question boils down to: Is there a way to use this information to build a basic structure, and then use that structure to find these values again?

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TimFun13 »

I would look at the scripts again and see if you can solve the crashing, you then hook the base address and find the structure that way.

But you could use the pointer scanner to find a pointer for the structure then build it on the table. Just use the offsets you have figured out and build your pointers.

[USER=980]@FreeER[/USER] has an extension that could help after you find a pointer for the base of your structure.

[URL='http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=605409'][U]Generate Memory Records From Structure[/U][/URL]

Cowtow
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Cowtow »

Thanks for the fast reply!

Naturally, i followed your advice and found my problem instantly.