Battletech

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
bikeracer4487
Cheater
Cheater

Battletech

Post by bikeracer4487 »

Just started playing Battletech, and I'm trying to figure out how to find the value for the in-game currency. I was pretty hopeful when I only got 6 matches on the first scan of 4-bytes, but despite getting pretty much the same number of results for each initial scan, those addresses don't seem to store the currency, since, when it changes, those addresses stay the same. I've tried using all types of values, but I'm not having any luck. Wondering if any CE experts could give me some pointers.

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by TimFun13 »

The value is most likely encrypted in some way. Try to see what writes to the values you found, that should help to find the real value and even how it's encrypted.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Battletech

Post by SunBeam »

Whichever encrypted form it would have you can find the address/value by searching for [B]unknown[/B]/[B]changed[/B]/[B]has not changed[/B]. Play with those 3 in any order you want while performing actions in-game and you will get a list of several address with weird values. Then apply the "Chinese drop" process of freezing a bunch of addresses, consuming from your currency - - repeat. Once you find your address (which, once frozen, makes the amount stay fixed) debug it and learn how it's produced in that encrypted form. The ASM will show you the way ;)
Last edited by SunBeam on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

jungletek
Shogun
Shogun

Battletech

Post by jungletek »

It's not encrypted, the pointer just changes every time the currency amount is changed.

urthor
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by urthor »

So how do you fix that then if the usual search by unknown value method isn't going to work?

[automerge]1524699673[/automerge]

Last edited by urthor on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skylord
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Skylord »

BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatasimGameConstantsSimGameConstants.json open it with Notepad and look for "StartingCBills" you can edit the value of it but it's useful when you start a new game.
Last edited by Skylord on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoffeeKitty
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Battletech

Post by CoffeeKitty »

4 byte, fast scan on, allignment 4.

it wont work unless that's how you do it. search the exact value, change all the values. do not change screens or try to narrow down, because you will readdress the pointers. so do it in the shop, for instance.

Skylord
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Skylord »

Is the only useful thing for now just the Debug Mode?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Battletech

Post by SunBeam »

Working on getting [B]DEBUG_*[/B] shit working :P Like [I]GodMode[/I]. Need an instantiator.

Coga
Cheater
Cheater

Battletech

Post by Coga »

Anyone here have any luck changing Mech speeds using the streaming assets files? Not their animation speeds, mind you- I'm talking about how far they can move. I've also tried to look for anything that could change how much Initiative each mech has.

Thanks in advance!

Skylord
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Skylord »

BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatachassis try this maybe

pachvara
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by pachvara »

[QUOTE="Skylord, post: 43598, member: 16575"]BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatachassis try this maybe[/QUOTE]

Fun thing: you can set value of "initial tonnage" to negative number, and it will be negative in-game, so you can take more stuff on mech without changing it's weight class.
Last edited by pachvara on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zlodeyko
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Battletech

Post by Zlodeyko »

[QUOTE="Coga, post: 43593, member: 10938"]Anyone here have any luck changing Mech speeds using the streaming assets files? Not their animation speeds, mind you- I'm talking about how far they can move. I've also tried to look for anything that could change how much Initiative each mech has.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatamovement

have fun

Skylord
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by Skylord »

It might also affect the AI.

pachvara
Noobzor
Noobzor

Battletech

Post by pachvara »

[QUOTE="Zlodeyko, post: 43602, member: 13530"]BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataStreamingAssetsdatamovement

have fun[/QUOTE]

That definitely will affect all AI mechs, because they also use same files.