Can't find a specific value

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
NumberXer0
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Can't find a specific value

Post by NumberXer0 »

Alright, so I'm not new to CE, but I'm new to creating pointers and AoB scripts etc. I've been finding basic values and such for years and years, but I'm having trouble with a particular game. Sairento VR.

I've managed to create scripts for infinite ammo, health and stamina with little to no trouble. All of them work fine, but when I try to find any sort of numerical value, such as money, crafting items, skill points etc..I find nothing. I've been using the All option, but still no good. I find values the first or second time, but eventually I'm hit with 0 results. Is there other value type I can add to CE for searching? I've added two types for RPG Maker VX and MV in the past, but that's it. Are there any common types besides the default?

The game is offline, so it's not like the values are stored serverside. This is the first time I've ever ran into this issue in the many years I have been doing this. I've always been able to find things like money. It didn't always work or change, but I was always able to at least find the value. I know I can do unknown/increase/decrease, but searching through an entire game's worth of data is going to take me a week. There has to be a better way. I'd appreciate some input, thanks!

Acido
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Can't find a specific value

Post by Acido »

It could be encrypted data in memory, some games do this. The only way to find such data is as you said to do changed/increased/decreased searches. Sometimes its also just float or double values even though they appear to be normal numeric values in the game.

Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Blayde »

Acido wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:47 am
It could be encrypted data in memory, some games do this. The only way to find such data is as you said to do changed/increased/decreased searches.
If it's encrypted ONLY changed/unchanged will help you.

NumberXer0
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by NumberXer0 »

Yeah, I tried using Float and Double by themselves and with All. I guess I just have to do it the long way. Thanks guys!

NumberXer0
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by NumberXer0 »

I have another question. Yesterday when I created the AoB scripts, they worked after restarting the game. Today they do not. Neither the health, chakra or ammo scripts would activate. BUT, once I created a new script for each, the old ones would activate. Am I doing something wrong?

I find the value, find what writes to it, nop it, save it as an aob script.

Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Blayde »

NumberXer0 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 pm
I have another question. Yesterday when I created the AoB scripts, they worked after restarting the game. Today they do not. Neither the health, chakra or ammo scripts would activate. BUT, once I created a new script for each, the old ones would activate. Am I doing something wrong?

1:Make new post
2:Post your script(s)

jungletek
Shogun
Shogun

Post by jungletek »

NumberXer0 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 pm

My guess would be that you made your scripts while you still had active breakpoint(s) on the code in question (you used the 'find what else this code accesses' function, and so when you use the template to make your AOB, the first byte in the AOB is replaced by CC, rather than what it should be), or it's code that is dynamically allocated (have to do some action first, before you can scan for the code that controls that action, because it's not in memory until you do the 'thing' in question).

Blayde
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Blayde »

jungletek wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:54 pm
I know what he's problem is,but...
As i said
1:Make new post
2:Post your script(s)