The Disney Afternoon Collection

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Pur
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

The Disney Afternoon Collection

Post by Pur »

A simple table with infinite health for all games would be nice.

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection

Post by Slade »

I actually bought this game to take a look at it, and I'll be stuffed if I know what they're doing.

I didn't see any sub processes running, and I can't find squat in the main process. I thought I'd take a look at the save state, but that was a bit of a bust too. I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on and see if I can work out a way to find out what processes launch when I run the game. Just in case some sort of "odd" sub process is being spawned (adobe air, etc) that I'm not seeing.

I would have thought this would be easy if they're running some sort of NES emulation - even the files don't seem to harbour NES headers.

Pur
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Pur »

Slade wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 am
I actually bought this game to take a look at it, and I'll be stuffed if I know what they're doing.

I didn't see any sub processes running, and I can't find squat in the main process. I thought I'd take a look at the save state, but that was a bit of a bust too. I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on and see if I can work out a way to find out what processes launch when I run the game. Just in case some sort of "odd" sub process is being spawned (adobe air, etc) that I'm not seeing.

I would have thought this would be easy if they're running some sort of NES emulation - even the files don't seem to harbour NES headers.
Thanks, I hope you figure out something, I tried but I couldn't find anything, so I asked here.

erfg12
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by erfg12 »

Are you sure it's not using encrypted values? I can try this later when I get home.

Pur
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Pur »

I don't know, I'm not an expert, I tried to simply lock the health but I didn't manage to do it, can't find the value.

erfg12
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by erfg12 »

Kinda like this [Link]

Here's 1 way to test [Link]

Slade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Slade »

Pur wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:07 pm
Thanks, I hope you figure out something, I tried but I couldn't find anything, so I asked here.
I took a second run at this, and used a process watcher to see what the game is loading / running. And it hits up a few Microsoft crypto dll's. I'm starting to think the game encrypts its ram or data, as well as the save data. I went for something simple - score and tried searching the save data for that. I couldn't find anything, sadly.

Someone a little smarter than I am will have to take a run at this one. Sorry.

erfg12
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by erfg12 »

Here are some AoB scans to get the temp addresses with encrypted values. Once you find the addresses, store them in a table as 4 Byte values. Freeze the values to give infinite HP.

CHIP 'n DALE Rescue Rangers 1 - HP Address = ?? 2B 00 20 F8 2A 01 D0 F8 29 01 E0 F8 2B 00 D0 F8 2B 00 D8 F8 2B 00 E0 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 ?? ?? ?? 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? (second address found)

Duck Tales 1 - HP Address = 2D ?? 40 FF 2D 00 48 20 2D 00 50 FF 00 00 00 20 19 00 78 20 2E 00 80 20 ?? 00 88 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? (third address found) (only freeze when you have full HP)

I'll try to find more later and make a proper cheat table.

How did I find these?
- Open Edit > Settings. Go to Scan Settings. Check the MEM_MAPPED option.

To Find HP
- Search for changed/unchanged values when hit. (no increase/decrease searches)
- Once encrypted value is found, right click, what writes to it. Get hit, copy the address shown. (this helps find the address again. See below.)
- Copy at least 2 rows of memory viewer, any bytes changing mark with ??. Now you have an AoB scan item.

Find HP address again easily with bad AoB search
- Go to copied memory address in memory viewer. Right click > Find what accesses this address.
- Get hit 3 times, look for the 3 count address that was triggered. Now you found the temp address again.
Attachments
capcom_disney_afternoon.CT
(4.76 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

Hiroshi Mishima
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Hiroshi Mishima »

I hope reviving this instead of starting a new one is acceptable, I'm never certain in these cases...

After trying repeatedly, I have had zero luck getting results using the method ergf12 posted. I can't find a single cheat or trainer for this game anywhere, either. Would really love to get some Infinite Health or Invincibility for these games if it's possible. I'm very much an amateur at this stuff so it's way beyond me how to even begin looking when the more traditional methods are out.