Mizu
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [Request] Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection 1+2

Post by Mizu »

Yusa wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:28 am
just curious if there no random encounter cheat for this game
I actually just got that working on MMBN1, although I dunno which of the address exactly are controlling it yet; I have 4-byte, float and double values which when all frozen disable random battles. Still investigating the pointer address for them all, and which one causes it.

General instructions for making 'no random battle' code, if others are interested:
1. Scan for an unknown initial value (I went with all as the type, but you could try for just one of the three types I found)
2. Wander about an area with random battles, stopping every few steps to scan for an increased value
3. Get into a battle, and upon winning, scan again for a decreased value
4. Repeat 2 and 3 until the count gets very small, like 10 or 20 entries
5. Poke the remainder to see what happens when they're frozen, alongside what their value is like immediately after a battle. If you don't encounter battles after freezing the number, you know you've found the random battle code.

EDIT:
Here's a pointer for the random battles which looks to work, and persists across multiple program boots. I haven't tested it outside of the Power Plant story map, though.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CheatTable>
  <CheatEntries>
    <CheatEntry>
      <ID>7</ID>
      <Description>"random battle - 0/off &amp; 999/instant"</Description>
      <LastState Value="0" RealAddress="80204184"/>
      <ShowAsSigned>0</ShowAsSigned>
      <VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
      <Address>80200088</Address>
      <Offsets>
        <Offset>40A4</Offset>
      </Offsets>
    </CheatEntry>
  </CheatEntries>
</CheatTable>

wepon1984
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by wepon1984 »

Update 17: Added scripts to scan for the starting base address for both Game Collections. This should hopefully help make it easier to fight against any updates that Capcom makes to the game.

Note: Not sure I'm going to be able to find much else for MMBNLC2 since the anti-cheat coding is very annoying to get around, especially with MMBN4
Previous Updates
Update 16: Fixed up the table for MMBNLC2, haven't fully checked everything but it should be working now

Update 15: Did a quick pointer update for MMBNLC1. More time will be needed for updating the table for MMBNLC2 as the pointer structures has all changed.

Update 14: Update script for MMNB4, hopefully this will make it work more of the time Also Added Double Soul code.

Update 13: Update script for MMNB4, hopefully this will make it work more of the time. Added HP under the scan script. Erased invalid wind chips from MMNB4 dropdownlist.

Update 12: Finally got around to working on MMNB4 again. Fixed the Chip Droplist for MMBN4 for missing chips and chips that were incorrect. Added an AOBScan script that can hopefully find the chip list and subchips every time it is run. There is still anti-cheat coding that prevents you from changing qtys for any chips not in your library, so make sure you have it in your library or risk breaking your save.

Update 11:Added Chip Droplist for MMBN 2 & 3. Updated Chip Names for MMBN 4 list.

Update 10: Fixed up some of the pointers for MMBN 5 & 6. Also added Battle Drop codes for both MMBN 5 & 6 and the corresponding Chip / Bug Frag / Zenny lists.

Update 9: Added some more stuff for Style address in MMBN3

Update 8: Added Crossover Points for MMBN5 & 6. Also added Beast Out Turns for MMBN6

Update 7: Added a bunch of codes for all MMBN games.

MMBN 1:
Steps Since Last Battle, set to 0 for very low chance of battle
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

MMBN 2 & 3 & 5 & 6:
Sneak Run Duration
Steps Since Last Battle, set to 0 for very low chance of battle
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

MMBN 4:
Invincible in Battle
Custom Gauge
Busting Level

Update 6: Added Subchips, BugFrags, Style, and P.A Notes code address for MMBN 2 & 3. Also added Navi Customizer Blocks for MMBN3.

Update 5: Updated Drop code for MMBN4. Now includes section for second possible drop, number of drops, and values for Bug Frags and Zenny's. Just make sure to freeze the values before battle ends.

Update 4: Added Chip List of MMBN6. Changes only work when you are NOT in any menus or battle. Saving any changes will also update the library.

Update 3: Added Chip List of MMBN5. Changes only work when you are NOT in any menus or battle. Saving any changes will also update the library.

Update 2:Added something for MMBN4. This game seems to have some very severe CRC checks so the best method I could find to add Chips is by modifying what chip drops at the end of battle.

This needs to be tested by other people as it seems like the Emulator the game runs on seems to always grab the same set of addresses for the game. Trying to find pointers for the address seems to return 0 results for me, so hopefully someone has better luck finding it. Otherwise if the address or the way the emulator works changes, the code will stop working.

Update 1:Added Chip List for MMBN 3.
To update library changes you will need to get a new Chip. A
Any changes to qty for chips not in your Library will cause the savefile to Break, so make sure to update the Library first

Here's some stuff for the Chip Library for MMBN1 & 2.
MMBN3 will take some time as the game keeps crashing and breaking when I play with the code.
Attachments
MMBN_LC2.CT
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 652 times
MMBN_LC1.CT
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 785 times
Last edited by wepon1984 on Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:25 am, edited 29 times in total.

TwilightStarocean
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by TwilightStarocean »

anything for HP?

Mizu
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mizu »

wepon1984 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:10 am
MMBN3 will take some time as the game keeps crashing and breaking when I play with the code.
Thanks, much appreciated. I might be wrong here, but the code looks to be an 'all or nothing' method, where it gives you the entire library (inc/not inc DLC chips), instead of letting you select specific chips you just currently lack. Don't suppose you could modify it to allow adding specific library chips too? Presuming I'm not just failing to grok how it works, anyway.

I'm mainly asking so as to get the in-game reward (and Steam achievement) for completing the library, see. MMBN1 has it so that postgame, if you had 149 chips (read: all but 1, LifeAura) then in the final internet area you'd face Bass, and get the last battlechip off him. Ignoring the Bass DLC chip, that is.

ZeroFrost
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ZeroFrost »

Mizu wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:14 am
wepon1984 wrote:
Thanks, much appreciated. I might be wrong here, but the code looks to be an 'all or nothing' method, where it gives you the entire library (inc/not inc DLC chips), instead of letting you select specific chips you just currently lack. Don't suppose you could modify it to allow adding specific library chips too? Presuming I'm not just failing to grok how it works, anyway.

I'm mainly asking so as to get the in-game reward (and Steam achievement) for completing the library, see. MMBN1 has it so that postgame, if you had 149 chips (read: all but 1, LifeAura) then in the final internet area you'd face Bass, and get the last battlechip off him. Ignoring the Bass DLC chip, that is.
There is a way to get the achievement with the table as is, go to the "Chip Library" in the table, and find any chip there that is easy to fine like Cannon or Shockwave. Then change its value to 0, just farm for the chip now till it drops that will make the achievement pop up. assuming all the other ships library value is set to 1.

Casu Consulto
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Casu Consulto »

Mizu wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:38 am
Seemes Zachillos' code gives the Program Advance as part of the battlechips in your Sack, which surprised me; didn't know those were treated as chips internally. That said, while both battlechip codes give them to the sack, it doesn't affect the in-game library for chip data. Guess we'll need a different code for that.
Yes, I've only been using CE to increase the number of chips I already own for this exact reason. It's a bit time consuming to sit at the vending machines to get new chips, but it works.

Mizu
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Mizu »

ZeroFrost wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:36 am
Mizu wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:14 am
wepon1984 wrote:

There is a way to get the achievement with the table as is, go to the "Chip Library" in the table, and find any chip there that is easy to fine like Cannon or Shockwave. Then change its value to 0, just farm for the chip now till it drops that will make the achievement pop up. assuming all the other ships library value is set to 1.
I got the achievement via using the 'all chips + DLC' code then getting another chip via the chip trader. Going off that I assume it works for any method of obtaining a battlechip, and the achievement checks the library status each time you get a chip. Now to see if I can face Bass in MMBN1, all~ the way in the deepest undernet. Also gotta do the various sidequests now I'm in postgame.

Casu Consulto
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Casu Consulto »

wepon1984 wrote:
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the Fill Library cheats for MMBN1. Can you explain to me how to use it? I'm sure it's simple and I will feel silly once I have the answer...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I had the "Fill Library" box marked, which froze the value and prevented changing any of the individual chip values from '0' to '1'

zachillios
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by zachillios »

Here's my table, I added a pointer for the custom gauge so you can get instant turns, total chips in battle so you can always have 15, and infinite health. Let me know if there's anything weird happening with the health script. I'll see if there's anything else that catches my eye as I play.
Attachments
MMBN 1 ZV1.CT
(14.32 KiB) Downloaded 997 times

smashbro596
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by smashbro596 »

bn6 any time i try to give myself infinite zenny the game sets what i have to 0 with no way to increase it. is it an anti-cheat?

qazqwer20
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by qazqwer20 »

smashbro596 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:48 pm
bn6 any time i try to give myself infinite zenny the game sets what i have to 0 with no way to increase it. is it an anti-cheat?
The later games tended to have this for zenny and bug frags. You need to give yourself currencies as battle rewards to get them to stick right.

smashbro596
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by smashbro596 »

can we get pointers for allowed mega/giga chips in folders from 3 onwards?
99 regular memory wouldnt hurt either!

kodoku
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kodoku »

If at all possible, I would really love a cheat that makes you always dash on the field.

smashbro596
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by smashbro596 »

hey can we get a hub.bat cheat for bn3-6?