Sonic Mania just hit steam.
Codes to find:
Lives, Rings, timer, chaos emeralds, medals, shields,

pox911
Slob
Slob

Re: Sonic Mania

Post by pox911 »

I'm currently trying to find a way to enable all 3 abilities at once or at least a toggle between them so you can peelout and drop dash :P

smashbro596
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by smashbro596 »

ooh. what about enabling debug mode too?
and the & knuckles mode?

MasterDimentio
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by MasterDimentio »

I have a cheat for infinite time and infinite rings. I'd be happy to share, but at the same time I'm really hoping to get a code that you can put on to get yourself all 7 chaos emeralds so you can use them.

Infinite Rings 00A4D644

Infinite Time: 00CD05D8

Just set your value, turn on the cheat and you're good to go. I'd be willing to do my best to find the rest of the cheats in the original post, provided someone can find a code for getting all the emeralds.

EDIT: Also if it helps, you really aren't going to need a code for infinite lives if you use this code for Infinite rings cause if you set the value over 100, the moment you pick up even 1 ring you get an extra life.

smashbro596
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by smashbro596 »

ooh. and the bluesphere bonus stage?

MasterDimentio
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by MasterDimentio »

Every time I find the address for the code that gives you infinite time in the special stage where you get the chaos emerald, it resets to a different address when the game is rebooted.

However finding the value isn't hard. I just did a search for the number the timer was currently at.... example being 25 for first search... and then when the timer hit 24 I did the next search and there's the desired address.

Deepthroat
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Deepthroat »

MasterDimentio wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:26 pm
Every time I find the address for the code that gives you infinite time in the special stage where you get the chaos emerald, it resets to a different address when the game is rebooted.

However finding the value isn't hard. I just did a search for the number the timer was currently at.... example being 25 for first search... and then when the timer hit 24 I did the next search and there's the desired address.
You need to get the pointer to avoid that from happening.

MasterDimentio
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by MasterDimentio »

Eh, I don't really know how to do that. It's not that major that a few clicks can't fix. It would honestly take me longer to look up how to do it than just doing the thing when I need it.

So I still pretty much stand by my request for an unlock the 7 emeralds code.

smashbro596
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by smashbro596 »

i too would like an all chaos emerald option

MasterDimentio
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by MasterDimentio »

Even a speed hack that the moment we get in the bonus stage we go so fast we catch the UFO would work. Then we'd just need to find the gold rings.

IcyPurpose99
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by IcyPurpose99 »

I believe the game has cheat protection of some kind, when I search for current rings, it never finds it. Had to be a Byte cause I doubt its floats. Nevermind forgot to enable my image setup for genesis style games. Here is a table.
Attachments
SonicMania.CT
Updated
(8.6 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

MasterDimentio
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by MasterDimentio »

I'm not exactly sure what cheats are included here.

pox911
Slob
Slob

Post by pox911 »

I'll be posting a table soon. A few things i've managed so far are forcing debug mode, forcing character selection, instant max speed when collecting a single blue sphere when doing ufo chase, infinite time in ufo chase, and speed doesnt increase when doing the checkpoint collect blue spheres. I need to add another thing or two to it before i post but its coming along nicely.

MasterDimentio
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by MasterDimentio »

Well it's not exactly giving you all of the chaos emeralds but it's better than nothing. At least by getting max speed on the UFO mini game before the stages get too crazy you'll be able to get it fast and with the debug mode you can just give yourself an infinite amount of chances. This is sounding really good any idea of when it might be done?

pox911
Slob
Slob

Post by pox911 »

when you spawn a ring via debug mode, it just gives you 50 rings. I'm trying to see if forcing it into the bonus stage is doable. That and i havent done the basics like infinite rings/lives yet :P