Capcom took down Cheathappens MHW trainer

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Capcom took down Cheathappens MHW trainer

Post by predprey » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Alright so currently we have these options then:
1. StealthEdit
2. Manually disabling integrity checks
3. DBVM Memory Cloak (Not sure if it's placebo or some conflict with D's protection, DBVM seemed to be slowing my entire desktop down a little)
4. I came across another way for RIP rerouting similar to StealthEdit, the guy was using CE breakpoints and scripting in the modification of RIP. I did something similar before which was the DNOP debug nopping lua extension. But good luck with the performance hit here.

EDIT: Cross-compared a CODEX and an original executable, seems like the page protection overwriting is due to some added routines in the CODEX version. Probably part of their solution to patch D's protection in real-time.
Last edited by predprey on Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:35 pm

This "not all memory is checked" reminds me of Blizzard's Battle.net.dll :D They added checks to verify the common hook spots for health, resources, mana, etc. - - but don't freakin' check the instructions operating the cheat toggles :) #4 was used by zths in his The Walking Dead table, via Lua (encoded table; decompiled by yours truly), however there was no protection there and the break-spots aren't triggered constantly. So yeah, #4 will suck fat cock if the instructions are used constantly. Bottom line is there are quite a few methods, so advertising or gloating with some method in a pompous manner isn't something unique and doesn't make you special, sadly - - for CH.

CaliberCH
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CaliberCH » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:31 pm

SunBeam wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:58 am
How the fuck can YOU, as a trainer maker and having a business based on this shit, bow down to Capcom asking you not to touch some scanner??? Do you even hear yourself??? Do you have a simple notion of fucking reversing to use these blunt statements about code you obviously can't transform in readable ASM? If it's in Denuvo, it's obviously virtualized. Unless you interpreted the multiple VMs.. you don't get to teach us what Denuvo does and doesn't. Proof or shut the fuck up. Obviously there won't be any.. not because some secrets are well kept hidden.. but because you cannot do shit about it and prove your words. You don't get to analyze Denuvo with Cheat Engine or cheat engine.. Furthermore, anti-VEH??? You clueless fuck. The fact that you cannot get CE's VEH DLL injected in the game process to comfy quick debug a game is no anti-VEH technique. Do your homework properly and stop with this idiotic charade. Using pompous words most people don't fiddle with or use in day to day basis doesn't constitute a base for mocking the world with your artificial superiority. Check CreateRemoteThread.. then also try injecting a simple C++ DLL that does absolutely nothing.. see if it gets injected. Anti-VEH my ass.. it's your stupidity that triumphs in the end; am sorry if you don't have the time to properly investigate what's going on and, just so you don't lose your admirers, come with some convoluted explanation based on only your understanding of why it MIGHT not work.

If you've done your homework properly you'd have seen there's been some beef between Denuvo and VMProtect a while ago, involving some unpaid debts. Then some leakage which led to quick cracking of various games. I ask you.. do you know VMProtect is what's being used to virtualize critical code via SDK in Denuvo? Do you know this or not?.. What do you think they use for those scanners??? Why are we talking about Denuvo then? It all relies on VMProtect..

All you did was use DBVM + breakpoints on access on some code you wanted to hook. And *pop* the "scanners". Then loop till you found no other read instruction that would check-up on the others. Considering the ton of "crashes for me" replies.. Id6say you missed some.. and there aren't just 82. Ever thought there can be timed triggers? Not to mention on event triggers? Yeah, the wonders of being able to drop in quick SDK macros for the enveloped result. Apart from that.. what else is soooo magical and mystical that has to be kept private and not shared with the world? Not to mention when you couldn't fucking bypass EAC you suddenly developed interest for some other places where bypasses were discussed. Like UC. And you want me to assess your knowledge level and bow down to your skills based on what? Pfft.. Fucking despise people who have a grudge on others for breaking their only way of debugging or training a game. Grow the fuck up and stop with the self-sufficiency. Want independence, build your own tools and methods. There are others out there who'll outsmart you at any given opportunity; it really shows the jealous and inhumane part of you when you struggle to keep something private for so long, to only learn that some fuckwads like me is preaching about it publicly. At least I do my homework, I explain how shit works and am not afraid to go to round 2 with anything devs throw at us.

As for the "the scanner is someplace else now" or how the fuck you wrote it.. the same executable protected 3 times with VMProtect will return different results everytime. Why.. because the VMs are unique. Same happens with game updates. The executable changes, some core code shifts based on the amount of interposed functions or compiler optimization. So yes.. it will be someplace else.. luckily you can repeat the same tiresome cat and mouse game with the 82 scanners.. hoping Capcom reads this and decides to fuck it up even more. You wouldn't care, right? Trainer is down, CH is out of the game.

Same as you did with your assumption of the "anti-VEH" is what you're doing now. I don't work for WeMod. Last time I say this. I only did 2 trainers as a Creator, for free, not being paid at all. Cuz yeah, I'm rich, I like what I'm doing and WeMod likes quality. Sure must have pissed you off not getting the lead with those titles.. but hey, you trained a shitload of others, right?

I'm right here, you know. No need to address STN separately, thinking things will change if he says something to meet your "world peace" approach. This "good cop - bad cop" ping-pong won't help you. Especially when you did the same thing with him: PWizard collects dirt on people. When you can't win an argument the decent way, you shut people up with what you know about them, threatening to disclose it to the public. Yes.. till proven, it's my word against yours.. I know the classic charade; nothing serious happens, but it has to be said and mentioned just to remind people how powerful CH is at losing fair and square. You need blackmail to win an argument.

That's why I got offered lifetime for free and turned it down a few years ago when I was part of a reversing team whose 1 member (not me) decided to crack your trainers and post them free of charge on the internet. That's where you bring in bribe when people start messing with your engine core. Takes an awful amount of time, given the amount of knowledge, to start from 0 or improve your protection, eh? Time you'd very well invest in releasing quick trainers to the pleb.. So what did the good reverser do.. he bought lifetime with his own money. Then got muted on the forums (better to keep him there, like that, than banned) and later on banned cuz of the so called slandering. There you have it. Not "you know why he got banned". I got banned because you can't shut me up and it damages your business. Bribe? No, thank you.

Oh.. and a Happy New Year too.
Again, Denuvo is supposedly adding anti-cheats. They don't ask YOU how they will accomplish this or how the ANTICHEATS part of their services will exhibit itself into games. You are assuming they will do this the same way they do their DRM stuff, or that this part of their 'services' is even done by the same people. You literally have no idea, and neither do we. I admit that I don't know either. But 100 paragraphs telling me what you think you know about Denuvo DRM doesn't mean jack for Denuvo anticheats (or maybe it does and will), but the fact is that you don't know.

"If it's in Denuvo, it's obviously virtualized."<-- well please show your Denuvo employment credentials and the source code so we can know that you have this information about the new or upcoming Denuvo ANTI CHEAT first hand. "Proof or shut the fuck up." applies to you too. Nobody knows, is the truth. You also have no idea what tools we use or what proprietary things we have at CE to do our work.

Second, you know what you did, and it was taken down here. STN also knows what you did, and he was involved in removing it. What happens to WeMod, these forums, or anything else you are involved with due to your personality or anarchic tendencies remains to be seen. "I got banned because you can't shut me up and it damages your business." <-- BINGO. So I don't understand why STN is confused or defending you. Maybe he (or the owner of WeMod) will understand more fully if things 'go south' and there is a repeat of this sort of thing. This isn't 'dirt', this is actual actions and postings by people, so yes we 'collect' that stuff, just like any business would. Actions have consequences. It's one of the reasons I, and many other 'little birdies', come into here and other places to see what is going on..

Yes, many people have benefited from your 'spilling the beans' or your actual original works. I personally have benefited from things you have posted or released, as I am sure others have benefited from me. However, the truth is that many people also lost valuable methods, lost tons of time, or lost money, or are damaged by it. I've never tried to harm a website directly or a game company by destroying their DRM, or releasing their software in a way that others can use it for free, or tried to release cracks of people's software, ever. That's not just 'fun coding releases', that's 'war'.

I am confused by your statement you don't work for WeMod or aren't involved?
https://www.wemod.com/cheats/assassins- ... y-trainers

Clearly says CREATOR. I don't have time to look elsewhere for more links... what are we supposed to remove all our logical deduction abilities? Man I don't trust my lying eyeballs.. Maybe Frank has more info (or patience) than we do...

"This "good cop - bad cop" ping-pong won't help you."<-- hehehe. SELF ABSORBED. Help me from what? Like all of this is somehow about you. YOU injected yourself into this, not me. Then you guys move the postings, out of context, rename the heading to a sleazy bullshit heading, then begin a CH bashing here. I am merely having to respond to you, unfortunately. STN can listen or not listen, or spread the info to WeMod out of his own decision making. WeMod removed their trainer weeks ago, so all this 'bow down to Capcom' talk is from someone who has nothing to lose, or likely doesn't spend any money on running a business that can be drained financially, even if you win, and ignores the reality of situations like this, because you are not really 'in' situations like this. This game and situation isn't the sword we are going to fall on. Make no mistake, that time is likely coming down the pike, and will affect ALL trainer sites that are for-profit, or utilize professional sites and merchant accounts and etc.. I guess STN can listen to YOU for guidance on how to address that. PLEASE make sure YOU influence their decision making.. Maybe you can be the point man for them when the time comes to take on lawsuits or trying to get websites backonline that have been nuked by the DCMA process. In reality, it will be CH who has to carry that load and fight that fight and spend the money and time. It likely won't be WeMOD or 'sunbeam'. If you mean that my statements here won't help me get the heading of this forum posting that you guys sleazily put here from being corrected, then I agree...

"So yes.. it will be someplace else.. luckily you can repeat the same tiresome cat and mouse game with the 82 scanners.. hoping Capcom reads this and decides to fuck it up even more. You wouldn't care, right? Trainer is down, CH is out of the game." <-- nope. Squall or whatever his name is, since he has 'you' and 'stealthedit', and 25 people working on and sending/updating scripts, apparently has declined the offer of help. I have no negative feelings towards his decision. So be it. So in essence, this is a dead subject, as far as me being involved with it. Capcom isn't coming here to fearless, at least not yet...

"The fact that you cannot get CE's VEH DLL injected in the game process to comfy quick debug a game is no anti-VEH technique. Do your homework properly and stop with this idiotic charade. Using pompous words most people don't fiddle with or use in day to day basis doesn't constitute a base for mocking the world with your artificial superiority. Check CreateRemoteThread.. then also try injecting a simple C++ DLL that does absolutely nothing.. see if it gets injected. Anti-VEH my ass.. it's your stupidity that triumphs in the end; am sorry if you don't have the time to properly investigate what's going on and, just so you don't lose your admirers, come with some convoluted explanation based on only your understanding of why it MIGHT not work." <-- I literally have no idea why you put this here, or waste time on this??! Charade? This isn't about VEH or you or whatever the fuck this is supposed to be, lol.. This is all talk. There is games that have anti-VEH, or anti-debugging. We are putting out tons of content, and don't spend 3 days on a single title reversing it for 'fun'. This is self absorbed bullshit. Get off your ass and go defeat the MHW scanners with something you created and actually addresses the scanner functions themselves. Why are you still bringing up 1000 other things? Don't you want to rub it in my face? Isn't how this goes? Then you can post a gigantic 2000 word posting with 100 pictures how it was so easy and you figured it out and how CH's method (since you know what we did and how we did it) is wrong, and blah blah, making sure to inject all the stuff you read or borrowed from warez groups postings about how they cracked this game or that. It's the only thing that you can do that makes any sense here. What is all this gobledygook you are posting here? It's irrelevant to the MHW game, and means nothing.... CreateRemoteWhoGivesAFuck "All you did was use DBVM + breakpoints on access on some code you wanted to hook." <-- the MHW game doesn't care or crash if you use plain old normal VEH Cheatengine debugging.. Maybe you should go BUY IT, then look at it yourself. I mean, if 'homework' about a specific title is important and all..

"At least I do my homework, I explain how shit works and am not afraid to go to round 2 with anything devs throw at us."<-- completely oblivious to the fact that you are the cause for round 2..

"there's no additional coding in the CH trainer; pure and blunt re-routing of the readers - so not SEH, not VEH; just JMPs - didn't expect anything else, to be honest; hence my condescending attitude on his pompous preaching (how else would he be able to say "there are 82 scanners" if not going through the tiresome grinding?" <-- there isn't ONE JMP being used to bypass the scanners. I am not sure what you are looking at, but that is just not true.

"The reason StealthEdit is, in my opinion, the best choice here is you don't have to deal with re-routing code with so much hassle."<-- maybe so. I am loathe to depend on 3rd party tools that have to be released with our trainers, but sometimes that's how it goes. With that being an option directly with CE, then perhaps it IS the best way to do this, rather than having to update using my method each patch.

"StealthEdit does not seem to be working completely as the game seems to be detecting the protection level of the checked pages and reverting them, thus the page faults aren't being triggered." <-- this is what I meant when I originally said something about it possibly being a problem, but Squall says everything works for him, at least on his machine and his testing..

"Bottom line is there are quite a few methods, so advertising or gloating with some method in a pompous manner isn't something unique and doesn't make you special, sadly" <-- well we all know it's just garbage and isn't 'special' until good ole Sunbeam comes in here and releases the special sauce method from his tits for all the people here to drink it in.. Just a side note, I never put CH or advertised, or anything when I made the posting to help. Again, all this escalation is from other people.. people with swollen heads, or hate for CH. I haven't place a link anywhere. In fact, the cheathappens name on this thread, was put there by sleaze, not me.

Troll away if you like, Sunbeam. I have 10 updates and 4 new titles to work on today. "but hey, you trained a shitload of others, right?"<- yes the work never ends, and the updates never end. This is what the subscriptions are for, more than one game content. This wasted enough of my time (really everyone's time), and in the end 1) I came here with good intentions to offer help on a problem here, go look at the timeline 2) an alternate solution that came about at about the identical same time was taken instead 3) the players involved with this table don't want the help (who could blame them at this point) 4) and then all the rest of this, including this bullshit about VEH dialogue, and the injecting of 100 non-subject items and anti-CH rants, and moving me into another forum posting which is anti-CH and sleazy, was all side bullshit that didn't need to happen. For my part in escalating it, I apologize, but honestly the bulk of this is from other people who started this and propagated it, and revel in this sort of shit, due to their gutter lives or something. This IS the step child to WeMod site after all, so I should know better, and not expect anything different. That's on ME.

Have a super happy day, Sunbeam. Go kiss a girl or something.. get out of the basement. Pet a puppy. You need something positive in your life, lol. Thanks for your enlightening posts about Denuvo here. They really helped the discussion. If only the rest of us could know it all.. it must be a hard existence.

This will be my last post here in this thread. Anyone who got this far, yes CH took down the MHW trainer due to request by the game PUBLISHER. This trainer was being used by many folks at fearless to kill the triggers, so they could then use the table, here, which is why I came in here in the first place. Our trainer does not remove DRM or violate US Code 20 or any copyright materials. We aren't breaking any laws, but the relationships with these companies and developers, and their continued SUCCESS is important to us. You can read what we posted about it on our site yourselves.

Again, thanks for the positive PM's and emails from people, some of whom did so at CH instead of here. Much appreciated. I also appreciated the dialogue (eg. PredPrey) about the game from reasonable minds who are actually looking at the protections, instead of all this dick waving, pontificating, and CH bashing. That's a much better use of time here.. so props to you, man. Again, I do post here and help, but maybe I should just be 'somebody else' or something so the bullshit doesn't start immediately when people see 'Caliber' posted it.

New Year's resolution: Just post simple postings here and avoid replying to the toxic. Help or dialogue where possible, and those who deserve it.

Merry Christmas,
Cal

CaliberCH
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CaliberCH » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:55 pm

BooBoo wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:46 pm
predprey wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:41 pm
predprey wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:51 am
For the first option, it branches into two ways for redirection of the RIP instruction pointer.
A. Stealthedit plugin which Squall's table uses.
B. VEH Detour a la Fling
I'm going to have to correct myself here, it seems StealthEdit uses vectored exception handling which is required for catching those page faults it causes. I believe Caliber's "VEH Detour" is referring to this instead. FLiNG's newest trainer does not seem to be using this method, I think he removed some options that are failing the integrity checks and crashing. His remaining options all work fine but I believe they modify the executable code directly and uses sections that aren't checked instead.
This is correct, There is a lot of places in the binary where the scanners don't check.
You just haven't hit the right trigger event...

best,
Cal

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm

CaliberCH wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:31 pm
For my part in escalating it, I apologize, but honestly the bulk of this is from other people who started this and propagated it, and revel in this sort of shit, due to their gutter lives or something. This IS the step child to WeMod site after all, so I should know better, and not expect anything different. That's on ME.

Caliber, can you please stop lumping WeMod into this? I don't know if you know but i don't run wemod and have no power at all in any of their decisions. If they have wronged you in some way, go and talk to them. How can I help?

I don't appreciate you acting like a victim like i have wronged you in some way. You knew what you were doing and the community didn't like that. I simply had to step in and restore order. I actually went further and allowed this discussion.

You're welcome to post your findings and help etc or even argue in the appropriate place, i don't have anything against CH but i don't like threads being derailed and it seems that MHW thread is a shit magnet for some reason :), have banned one dude in that thread in past.
For site updates, follow FRF's official Twitter, Facebook

Don't PM me asking for cheats, I'll just ignore you. Use the search function instead.

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Manually disabling integrity checks is really tedious. As far as I can see the routine for checking the hash is split up by static jmps and the jmps can be anywhere in the entire routine. There is some sort of signature but not an easy one such as an AOB which CE can use to catch and patch all the checks. Instead, it is a instruction signature where some instructions are always present in the execution flow of the integrity checks.

There is a 5th method which I thought of but haven’t really test out if it is valid which is to just update the checksums themselves after the executable code is changed. Could be that the checksums location are also checked.

UPDATE: Recalculating checksums works. Should be the cleanest and fastest solution, will provide a working table soon 8-)
Last edited by predprey on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xblade Of Heaven
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Xblade Of Heaven » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:26 pm

CH again?... bored old times....

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Clean and performance efficient solution by recalculating hashes for affected blocks @viewtopic.php?p=72151#p72151
CaliberCH wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:18 pm
1) make each scanner return the correct CRC
Is this similar to your solution and what you meant by making each scanner return the correct CRC?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:36 pm

I think all you might've done here is to help him with another method, a simpler one, to add to the "non-public, hidden collection of CH anti-cheat shit". That's what all's about.. benefiting from others, faster updating their shit with public stuff others are better at (because he has to train other titles too, so why bother wasting time manually updating the anti-cheat patches with each update, right?), then gloating "we at CH".

predprey
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by predprey » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:57 pm

SunBeam wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:36 pm
I think all you might've done here is to help him with another method, a simpler one, to add to the "non-public, hidden collection of CH anti-cheat shit". That's what all's about.. benefiting from others, faster updating their shit with public stuff others are better at (because he has to train other titles too, so why bother wasting time manually updating the anti-cheat patches with each update, right?), then gloating "we at CH".
But if no one shares what they do then the community is just going to die off like the iOS jailbreaking scene. Since StealthEdit doesn't work on CODEX's version, other than FLiNG's newest update which requires holding keyboard buttons, there isn't any other workarounds currently. Anyway, the hashing routine will probably get updated in coming update next week thereafter my bypass will fail for STEAM versions. But my aim here was giving the guys using CODEX's version a working bypass. Plus, CH already stopped making trainers for this game so even if it did work for STEAM version it does not really matter to them?

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:32 pm

^ You're absolutely right. Was selfish of me to state that. Thing is the more I read and deal with these situstions, there's that ugly side of the silhouette starting to form up: "they're gonna use your shit to profit from it; why don't you?" So, at the moment, there's a bit of struggle.. but I'm still up for sharing nonetheless. Will see for how long :) Might get worse if I end up without a job.

CaliberCH
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CaliberCH » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:34 pm

predprey wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:51 pm
Clean and performance efficient solution by recalculating hashes for affected blocks @viewtopic.php?p=72151#p72151
CaliberCH wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:18 pm
1) make each scanner return the correct CRC
Is this similar to your solution and what you meant by making each scanner return the correct CRC?
Yes, exactly.

best,
Cal

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:09 pm

Was off to Prague for a few days; quite nice indeed. Here's my reply, hopefully short, to all the shit you've been spewing:

Again, Denuvo is supposedly adding anti-cheats. They don't ask YOU how they will accomplish this or how the ANTICHEATS part of their services will exhibit itself into games. You are assuming they will do this the same way they do their DRM stuff, or that this part of their 'services' is even done by the same people. You literally have no idea, and neither do we. I admit that I don't know either. But 100 paragraphs telling me what you think you know about Denuvo DRM doesn't mean jack for Denuvo anticheats (or maybe it does and will), but the fact is that you don't know.

Let me stop at 'supposedly'. I asked "are you aware Denuvo is relying on VMProtect?"; what are you telling me now? Show me the reversed VM of a function that you were able to piece together from a Denuvo target, then we talk who knows what. Considering I am asking, yes, I don't know. Point here is SO DO YOU (not know). Somehow I fail to think Denuvo is that stupid not to mutate/virtualize their code or FUTURE anti-cheat, as you put it, given what I've seen so far.

"Proof or shut the fuck up." applies to you too. Nobody knows, is the truth. You also have no idea what tools we use or what proprietary things we have at CE to do our work.

Didn't know you work for CE now. Proprietary tools? Listen, fuckwad, the fact that you use shit from stackoverflow or github doesn't make it proprietary. But sure, by all means, if you have the owners' approval, then consider that 'proprietary'.

Second, you know what you did, and it was taken down here. STN also knows what you did, and he was involved in removing it.

STN removed it for a brief time; he then agreed it has no harmful effects to other people than CH (apparently). Wonder why FLiNG isn't affected or other trainers.. Bottom line is the Lua script was aimed at fucking setting a user-mode breakpoint on a WINDOWS API: WriteProcessMemory. You don't own that shit; you don't get to tell me what I can write or not, what I can post or not and so on.. Why the fuck are you still using that API and why the fuck this old 2005 fucking argument causes mayhem in 2018 eludes me. But hey, don't let me tell you how to code anti-API hooking techniques. Figure it out on your own; you have 'proprietary' tools. FLiNG did it. Guess you don't want to learn from his knowledge, eh? If you wanna be #1 at what you do, for sure there will be fuckers like me setting that haystack on fire; just so you remember where you stand. Grow the fuck up, upgrade your shit, then we won't have this crappy talk over code you can't shield properly. Given you bang this argument hard, I believe it's important enough to spend time on it. Don't you think? Evolution. Hoping you do that. Thank me later.

Yes, many people have benefited from your 'spilling the beans' or your actual original works. I personally have benefited from things you have posted or released, as I am sure others have benefited from me. However, the truth is that many people also lost valuable methods, lost tons of time, or lost money, or are damaged by it. I've never tried to harm a website directly or a game company by destroying their DRM, or releasing their software in a way that others can use it for free, or tried to release cracks of people's software, ever. That's not just 'fun coding releases', that's 'war'.

Before you had a job, you liked the war others were fighting to get you your fucking SIMS game cracked on CD. Since you're now co-owner of CH, you give a fuck and turn this around: us, reversers, are the bad guys; you're just a good guy, training games and nothing else. Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Convenient, isn't it?

"This "good cop - bad cop" ping-pong won't help you."<-- hehehe. SELF ABSORBED. Help me from what? Like all of this is somehow about you. YOU injected yourself into this, not me.

I wasn't the one posting "we at CH can bypass this" on FRF, BEFORE I intercepted your post, now, was I? If people asked your help in private, as you claim, then take it in PMs. I surely haven't seen any "Caliber, please help us" post on the forums. Who injected himself where? Come on, accept this token of gratitude as well: "you were the FIRST" starting this shit. Told you to stop gloating here; since you can't manifest your arrogance on your own forums, trainer taken down and all, you thought FRF would be the best spot to do it?..

We are putting out tons of content, and don't spend 3 days on a single title reversing it for 'fun'.

Yet you did. Thanks for the "self-absorbing" PM; your proved your point. Let me congratulate you in your own style: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6334&p=40609#p40609. Hope you understand when people mean what they say and when they don't. That is just an example of utter sarcasm; I'll let others read it and tell me what they think afterward. If I'm mistaking, then I will apologize.

P.S.: Speaking of which.. at least I do something with the knowledge I learn or discover; the EAC bypass got universal for Ubisoft titles (might work with other games, depends on the size of the EAC's exports table), doesn't need to touch the game at all - - so no more in-memory patching - - I remember how PWiz clinged on to that "we never touch the executable" line; so moronic). Yes, available in WeMod. People are not afraid to drop a 3 KB DLL instead of the original one and restore it later, if they've need to play online.

Just a side note, I never put CH or advertised, or anything when I made the posting to help.

--> CaliberCH. Oh we know your usual post content. Etiquette, man; deal with it.

Curious about me and WeMod? :D :D Yes, ask Frank.

Ciao.

P.S.: Post what you PM-ed me publicly; stay true to your word, that you wanted to help. Here's your chance to own me publicly; you know you want to. Else, we get back to the same crap we've been discussing here: your intentions. And more bashing.

CaliberCH
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by CaliberCH » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:42 pm

SunBeam wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:09 pm

P.S.: Post what you PM-ed me publicly; stay true to your word, that you wanted to help. Here's your chance to own me publicly; you know you want to. Else, we get back to the same crap we've been discussing here: your intentions. And more bashing.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I sent you the PM, which is basically a dissertation on how I arrived at the solution, and then the solution itself (which still works), on the scanners, because you are accusing me of coming here looking for answers, and creating some sort of delusional situation where I am 'causing all this' to try and get people to spit out the answer for us at CH, when I was coming here to help.... If you decide to share it, what can I do about it. We have no interest in continuing this title on our site, for the reasons we posted here and on our site. If you think otherwise, you will be waiting a long time. The only way we would revisit this title is if they have a truly offline mode that is walled off. CAPCOM has said they have no intention to do so. Meanwhile life, and the huge list of work on other titles, goes on. Everything, the history of my postings, and the things I have posted have all demonstrated my intention to help. I'd rather whatever was done would have been isolated and not spread all over so that it can be patched or updated in future MHW iterations, but whatever. People realize/learn the hard way.

PredPrey is on the right track, and I PM him how I did it differently, which is much easier than him, although the hashes is the key. He's the one putting out the addition to the table so if he adds it or changes his method to mirror this, then I guess 'I helped'. I mean, clearly any time there are scanners, there is going to be a HASH. The key is finding where they are and then how you deal with them. 1000 ways to do it, but some are simpler than others.

Squall did not ask for any help and stated he doesn't want my help, or discuss this in PM, so I am pretty much done with this, unless someone PM me for assistance. Many people wanted a solution so they could get to using Squall's work again, but he was the one to make the decision about what gets added. I guess PredPrey is 'ok' to have as assisting, but not 'CaliberCH'. That's up to these people to decide on their own.

As for the rest:

1) you know that Denuvo DRM uses VMProtect. You have no idea if the anti-cheat is out, what it uses, or even if the same coders are working on both. That statement remains true. We are already gearing up with multiple methods to be ready, but we cannot know until Denuvo or someone confirms title 'x' is using their new 'anti-cheat technology'.

2) You have no idea what we use or are creating at CH. I have no idea what you are using or creating. Everything we post about this is speculation.

3) Fling's trainers and how and where they intercept into code is easy to decipher and reverse. So is many people's 'all-in-one' cheat programs that have been mentioned. The fact you write this on THIS SITE in light of what we know and see, is the highlight of my day. The rest of the post just reinforces the fact that you are a menace, who likes to burn people's work and screw with them, apparently for fun, or to cause damage. Clearly, making tools to destroy people's DRM or methods of copyright and allow others to use software for free is a violation of many laws in many nations. I have no idea where you reside, or where the server for this site is located, at least as of today. Once again, the ONLY person who has done this direct attack on us in the last several years is you. So I repeat, the only reason there is 2.0 needs are people like you, who are destructive and anarchic. Use the knowledge for good, not to screw with people's work and lives. Again, you have nothing of substance that relies on you following the law like we do. So you can have your opinion and whatever, but in the end there is no site of yours that relies on you walking the narrow path. As far as Frank goes, whatever happens to him and his projects based on his decisions and whom he aligns with, happens. Maybe you can go crack their work and post all the inner workings and a tool to auto crack it, here so STN can see all the shortcomings. You know, for their own good, and they can 'thank you later'. While we look into the inner workings of many things/trainers/trainer softwares, and can see the 'goodies', we don't post that information to screw with their site, their income stream, and whatnot. Again, the need for 2.0 is often the same people who are causing the problems over and over again, not that there's a massive problem with DRM. We try not to attack people or go after them with all our guns unless they are directly doing something to us to steal our work or crack our software, or hack our site, and whatnot. There's a difference between 'burn it down' and 'learning how something works'. It's called 'morals'. If STN doesn't care about copyright, or DRM laws, then why not just allow people to post cracks here, and free copies of games, and multiplayer hacks, etc? It matters.

4) I did not reverse the MHW game for 3 days to arrive at the method we used for MHW. I don't have that luxury for ANY title. There's too much to do. It wasn't a 10 minute fix, that I will admit, but we can't blow 72 hours on one title. I'd be so far behind I would never catch back up. Honestly, I've blown too much time coming in here. Again, nobody to blame but myself.

5) The post I made about you and FarCry was a honest post. Take it how you will, but it was a sincere post. Nobody else put out a solution for that title ahead of you, and once it was out, nobody else did anything different. Just take a compliment for once. Fortunately, for at least this title, UBI has not done anything to ratchet up EAC to 'fix' the method, likely because you cannot play online at all when it is incorporated. Again, I respect your skills, but am not fond of your personality (unfortunately), or how you sometimes expose things that probably were better left alone. It seems we bring out the worst in both of us. You cannot even take a compliment without changing it into something nefarious.

6) I surely haven't seen any "Caliber, please help us" post on the forums. <-- True, nothing on the actual forum threads except the odd 'like' of my post here and there. Around here, those who run these forums or have swollen heads pretty much fuck it up, and crap all over CH/me, perpetuating the 'hate CH' movement among non-CH coders, many of whom have worked with us, offered to work with us, or are making money with trainers when they used to badmouth our 'profit motives' not that long ago. In the end, it's not my boards, and the postings I make, I decide when and if what I will write here., or post, or the kind and how much of help I will post. People literally rip our comments up without context, change them, move them to other boards and rename the board, and all manner of crap. STN can read what people sent me or didn't send me. The history of me posting on the site and what I posted and then what occurred from those postings in terms of progress for anti-anti-cheats, people can read and see for themselves.

7) My intentions, I don't give a damn if you believe them or not. It doesn't even matter at this point. The method is being employed, to a degree, by PredPrey, and we can all move on to the next problematic title, when it comes. For me, my world doesn't revolve around what person 'x' thinks. I'd like for things to be better, and relations to be better, but that mainly occurs when there is people who can read my postings, then refrain from immediately going into attack mode.

I think your opinions on this subject aren't necessarily 'wrong', just that you don't appear to value or believe other's opinions that differ from yours, or try to demean them. Which some of us just don't take that sort of crap. But in the end, most of this is my fault for coming in here. If somebody cares who 'wins' these types of arguments, NOBODY wins. It's a gigantic cluster fuck of wasted time. If the purpose is to minimize me, minimize and chastise CH, and inflate egos of those who hate CH, on a site that is fairly anti-CH, by dragging all of this into a forced board posting for all to see people vomit on one another for 3 pages, then Sunbeam, FRF, and those who compete with CH that are on this board are the clear 'winners'. Congratulations.

I appreciate that STN (or whomever) changed the heading here.

best,
Cal

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:17 pm

What I really don't get out of all of this:

1) You claim to be here to help; where's that help displayed publicly? You did invoke wanting to share with the world so the world shares with you, didn't you? You PMed me to prove a point; we all have egos. So, caring or not, writing novel-posts or not, you're proving my point: you PMed me to defend yourself.

2) How come is my approach malicious when I'm fucking telling you what your flaws are? Ever wonder why security companies hire hackers to bust their shit? That's why. Pretty much in the "complimentary" fashion, do accept my remarks for free. You've changed almost shit in your trainer engine in the years having passed-by since that 2012-2013 dispute. Want a nice example of a person who CAN? Here: https://martau.com. That software has seen so many improvements in terms of security, coding, registration routines, protections used over the years JUST SO IT DOESN'T GET CRACKED. Each time it got cracked, the developer upped it one notch. And so on.. pretty much like all anti-cheats become strong. It's the hackers fucking them up boosting the perseverance and pride of developers to want to evolve. It's a cycle, that's what you don't get. And you're whining over some shitty pieced-up engine you're so proud of? Do patent it and then you can sue me. Oh, you can't? Wonder why.. at the same time you're using pompous words to describe something some passionate dude coded with his own hands? And want to be left alone so you can earn the quick buck with no stress in the world? Huh :) When can I get proud for not being able to do shit about the code in your trainer? About not being able to attach a simple debugger to it? About not being able to interpret the ASM behind it all?.. You have no time?! Huh. I wonder why. If I start saying the only reason you're bursting of discontent when some fuckwad like me publicly discloses a method, without intentions, is making quick bucks with the same old dusted engine, you'll say I'm a retard.. right? Well, that's how it is.. it's not game companies' DRM you're worried about.. it's the splitting between training games (as the boss demands; or as your quota has gotten up to the point where you can't remember how it was to train 1 game in 1 week) and improving your work, evolving. The older we get, the more reticent we turn into. Hah, neurons busting and concentration fading.. who's got time to reinvent the wheel? Reshape the engine? But it works.. yet there's fuckwads "who want to harm us" - - no, I want you to live up to what you're claiming to be. Think you can do that? Thank you.

So, all in all, I'm sorry you have the skills and can't be bothered to share with the side of those you claim you wish to be in. Cuz all the shit you're doing at CH, public or private, is not legal. Piling up NDAs and hiring lawyers to turn something the whole world knows is illegal by the mere game EULA itself (the fact that developers do shit about that is a different topic) into something legal doesn't excuse your from REVERSE ENGINEERING the game. The more you struggle to get far from all these resounding words, the more you try to bring distance between CH and RE, the harder it will hit you. I too submit to laws and regulations.. I pay taxes.. just like you.. I respect my work conduit.. I am a model citizen.. out there :) Who the fuck are you trying to kid your everyday life and internet life are identical?...

The really very best,
Sun

P.S.#1: If you don't do anything about it, at least stop whining people steal from you; people rip your trainers, people do this and that. All talks all over the place; less actions. As I said, grow the fuck up (it's a metaphor, ok?) so we can enjoy our company at some point.

P.S.#2: I've been busy too, check the Tables section. And yes, by all means, profit from all of it. If it's useful in any way (don't wanna hear you've already trained this game and that game; makes no sense to me). Take it or leave it.