Search Function Gone Augy

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
ANC46
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Search Function Gone Augy

Post by ANC46 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Don't know where else to put this, hope somebody sees it. Something appears to be seriously screwy with the site interface. Both search and trying to email using contacts doesn't work, the text is either the wrong color or it's not accepting text inputs. Have somebody have a look, won't you?

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Search Function Gone Augy

Post by STN » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:19 pm

ANC46 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm
Don't know where else to put this, hope somebody sees it. Something appears to be seriously screwy with the site interface. Both search and trying to email using contacts doesn't work, the text is either the wrong color or it's not accepting text inputs. Have somebody have a look, won't you?
Post in the General Discussion section? Definitely NOT tables. You have been here for more than a year, you know better.

As for the issues, as far as search is concerned, the forum's search is disabled and uses Google search. Click on search and it will load the G search page

Not sure what you mean by the email issue. Can you take a screenshot please?
For site updates, follow FRF's official Twitter, Facebook

ANC46
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ANC46 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm

STN wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:19 pm
ANC46 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 pm
Post in the General Discussion section? Definitely NOT tables. You have been here for more than a year, you know better.

As for the issues, as far as search is concerned, the forum's search is disabled and uses Google search. Click on search and it will load the G search page

Not sure what you mean by the email issue. Can you take a screenshot please?
Sorry, I didn't think it through, I just wanted to let people know what was going on ASAP. As to posting a screen shot, I don't think that will help, and apparently can't. For some reason, when I try to attach a file or drop it directly on the message, it comes up with a blank white box. All I can tell you is that text in the input box is the wrong color for both search and sending a contact email, and doesn't show up properly to see what I am doing. It's not browser dependent either, both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are having this problem.

TheyCallMeTim13
Administration
Administration

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:37 am

ANC46 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm
Sorry, I didn't think it through, I just wanted to let people know what was going on ASAP. As to posting a screen shot, I don't think that will help, and apparently can't. For some reason, when I try to attach a file or drop it directly on the message, it comes up with a blank white box. All I can tell you is that text in the input box is the wrong color for both search and sending a contact email, and doesn't show up properly to see what I am doing. It's not browser dependent either, both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are having this problem.
Use an image hosting service for screen shots. And I really think a screen shot would help when talking about rendering or color scheme errors.

What theme are you using?

ANC46
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ANC46 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:35 pm

TheyCallMeTim13 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:37 am
ANC46 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm
Use an image hosting service for screen shots. And I really think a screen shot would help when talking about rendering or color scheme errors.

What theme are you using?
Hmmm, can you recommend a good free image hosting service? I know very little about such things. As far as the theme, assuming I understand the question, H20. I didn't change anything since the website's recent upgrade.

Edit: As requested, here's a screenshot of the odd behavior.

https://imgur.com/Yd1RjKU
Last edited by ANC46 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kalas
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by Kalas » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Imgur
Check us out!: MegaDev

Join Discord: Discord

ANC46
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater