Encrypted value

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
hello_hello
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Encrypted value

Post by hello_hello » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:04 am

Hi there,

In gameguardian, there is an option for encrypted value search

Is there something similar available for cheat engine? Plugin or anything?

TheyCallMeTim13
Administration
Administration

Re: Encrypted value

Post by TheyCallMeTim13 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm not sure what "gameguardian" is doing, but there really isn't any universal way to decrypt a value; some may use a simple XOR setup, but others may just be "V * 2 + 1 = stored value". Plus there is even the AES instruction set.
Wikipedia.org - AES instruction set

EDIT:
The best way I know of is to use "unknown initial value" and "changed" and "unchanged" scans; and freeze the encrypted value to see that you have found the right one. Then see what accesses it to see how the value is encrypted/decrypted.

koderkrazy
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Re: Encrypted value

Post by koderkrazy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:54 am

It's no magic, With encrypted value search in GG you still have to change stats(money, hp) and scan multiple times. It's not giving results right away. I think GG is simply doing unsigned 2-byte, 4-byte or 8-byte scans on changed and unchanged values.

So ,in GG, with encrypted value checked, when you:
1. Select datatype , it tells GG to search for 2, 4, or 8 bytes. eg. if you select word it'll search 4bytes, for Dword=8bytes.
2. When you enter actual stat value before hitting refine/search. It just tells GG that the value is changed or not. So it'll do changed or unchained value search based on that.

Equivalent in Cheat Engine would be to:
1. select 2/4/8 byte valuetype and do 'unknown initial value' search.
2. then do changed and unchanged value searches
If you want to search 2,4,8 byte values at same time then in 'scan settings' select these types in 'All type includes'. And do scan on all types.