why is moderation approval needed for every post?

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
chrcoluk
Cheater
Cheater

why is moderation approval needed for every post?

Post by chrcoluk »

as the title says.

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: why is moderation approval needed for every post?

Post by STN »

chrcoluk wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:08 am
as the title says.
For this reason - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3026

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

SunBeam wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:35 pm
Find it funny, as this is his second post. He'll soon move to another forum he thinks is faster in responses :)
He posted on CEF unhappy that why people like STN (i) were the "only one given access" to cheat tables and nobody else as STN did such a horrible job (he quoted my April 2017 post where i said 40% of old tables were restored half a month after i started restoring cheat tables). Also how he knows the legal arena and DB was a moronic idiot who could've fought etc. etc.

As you can see he isn't the fan of search function or educating himself before posting stupid comments..

chrcoluk
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chrcoluk »

You can control spam without needing to approve posts (yes I run forums of my own).

Yes I do have experience in legal activities for online content, simply pulling content for your entire site because one company made one "request" to remove a small amount of data is just a complete overreaction. I also dont have respect for site owners who dont consider their viewers when they just decide to wipe content on a whim one day.

So what is the % of restored tables now? is it 100%? and why would people think its a good idea only one or a small group of people could access the original content, where is the lost posts in the table discussions?

I guess I will now need to await for this post to be approved by a moderator as well.

Perhaps the owner of cheat engines forum could have "searched" on what he could have done on the table content before deciding to just pull it all? think before you type really. To answer your question I did actually search before making my post. I didnt find anything other than the 40% data and what I posted about cheat engines forum. It really grinds me when people on communities tell others to search, I mean really, its a help forum, not a place to order people to search, not to mention searching never guarantees an answer to questions. Telling people to search is just lazy.

Sorry if this is rude, but the above reply affected the tone of the post.

Obviously its good you even took the effort to setup this alternate forum so at least we have this instead of nothing and that is appreciated.

afraidless
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by afraidless »

chrcoluk wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:17 am
snip
idk man, i'm pretty sure the mods deactivate it after your first or second post. it's probably just there as an added security measure against bots.
i have no idea what you wrote cause it's tl;dr though, so maybe you were reciting the story of snow white, hell man that would be awesome, but off-topic, try sending stn a pm asking him for off-topic forum, you can post snow white there :arrow: ;)

jungletek
Shogun
Shogun

Post by jungletek »

chrcoluk wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:17 am
think before you type really
Indeed, and ironic.

People tell you to search because we're not here to spoon-feed people, we're trying to get them to be a little self-reliant. Also because things get asked to death, and that gets frustrating, especially when the cause is people's (intellectual) laziness or inattention.

chrcoluk
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chrcoluk »

Well for reference I did search, and thanks for disabling approval on my account its appreciated.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

chrcoluk wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:42 am
Well for reference I did search, and thanks for disabling approval on my account its appreciated.
This is why we need moderation approval (see the clever changing of color of his links and thanking seikuro for helping lol)

As for everything else you said, it's water under the bridge now.