probably a dumb question but...

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
bokkafa

probably a dumb question but...

Post by bokkafa » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:59 am

I was thinking of uploading some of the last tables I downloaded from CEF for other folks who might need'em but they are not my tables. Does it make sense? Is it ok?

Edit: I of course wouldn't have posted a table without author's name.
Last edited by bokkafa on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasatefa2009

Re: probably a dumb question but...

Post by sasatefa2009 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:08 am

let's see where it goes, will the old forum be back again or not

SunBeam

Post by SunBeam » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:35 am

^ Going with the above. Authors, if need be, would upload their work.

STN

Post by STN » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 am

I talked with few table makers before the DDOS who said they will post here, so if they haven't yet means they haven't been online yet. They might want to post it themselves.

CEF will be back soon and you could access the old tables there. This place is mainly for sharing new tables or tables that were creating problems for DB and he removed them there.

JurkerKunde

Post by JurkerKunde » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:17 pm

I would like to oppose that. The community part of CEF is - at least partly - to share tables with others. Credit where credit is due, but I think a lot of people are happy, if they can access the tables they want. Don't be a moron and take credit for something, you did not do. But sharing is caring ;)
STN wrote:CEF will be back soon and you could access the old tables there
Really? The last time I checked, there was no access to the "Tables" subforum

SunBeam

Post by SunBeam » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Dark Byte offered access to retrieve our work. In short: tables are there for those who made them/created the threads. As regular user, you might not have access/see them.

JurkerKunde

Post by JurkerKunde » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:32 pm

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:19 pm
Dark Byte offered access to retrieve our work. In short: tables are there for those who made them/created the threads. As regular user, you might not have access/see them.
Seems funny to me. Who creates a table, uploads it to a forum and deletes his own copy? ;)
Anyways, let's not OT this thread. Thanks for the reply. In the end, everything will be fine again.

SunBeam

Post by SunBeam » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 pm

What the fuck? What you said has nothing to do with what I told you. Dark Byte disabled the CT extension, thus you can't download the attachments anymore. The files are still there, as I, for one, can see them ONLY in the threads where I attached such tables (can't see them in threads where other authors have posted their tables). As you didn't create a table, you're seeing "CT extension is not valid bla bla", correct?

Due to the infringement claim he's been sent, he started with disallowing access to what probably cause this to begin with - the tables - so the big majority of CEF users not being table authors or thread creators wouldn't be able to download them. The show to the complainant that he's done something about it and not ignoring them.

"Anyways, let's not OT this thread. Thanks for the reply. In the end, everything will be fine again." -- this is like saying "even though I have no idea what's going on, let's not turn this into a dispute". Recommending you get informed before posting.

JurkerKunde

Post by JurkerKunde » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:55 pm

I did understand you. I was just thinking out loud, that opening the downloads only to the original uploader is funny, cause they probably have the files already, which they uploaded. But as I said, everything's fine, this gets OT.

SunBeam

Post by SunBeam » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Yeah, sure, like you've never formatted your stuff without backing up or simply took a break from game-hacking, never to return to same games you've made tables for :P Not everyone still has the tables with them, be sure of that :)

STN

Post by STN » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 pm

I did lose some of my tables, i thought they will always be there on CEF but who knew, the threads are moved/removed. I can probably get them back if i ask DB.

Also its okay to be OT on these forums, we don't care that you express your thoughts on some things as long as it makes sense. (CEF's Random spam type of posts e.g are pure crap and serve no purpose).

JurkerKunde

Post by JurkerKunde » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:49 pm

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 pm
"Anyways, let's not OT this thread. Thanks for the reply. In the end, everything will be fine again." -- this is like saying "even though I have no idea what's going on, let's not turn this into a dispute". Recommending you get informed before posting.
Yeah, sure. I like you, too.
STN wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 pm
i thought they will always be there on CEF but who knew, the threads are moved/removed.
You, Sir, are a very brave man... ;)

++METHOS

Post by ++METHOS » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:17 pm

STN wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:06 pm
Also its okay to be OT on these forums
-What's OT?

Kalas

Post by Kalas » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Off topic?