zappaphan vs BooBoo : paid trainers

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Anonytable
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: zappaphan vs BooBoo : paid trainers

Post by Anonytable » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Oh, we're discussing drama regarding this touchy subject? Should we discuss how people distributing paid trainers via this website steal .ct tables from various sources and websites and sell them as their own? Should we discuss how they describe their sales pitch as providing all future updates for purchased table titles when their only original tables are for pirated titles which rarely receive re-releases? Should we discuss how that is nowhere indicated on the website that these tables are nonfunctional for modern versions of the game unless they, by happenstance own the game (or steal another .ct file) and there is no way to tell the difference before making a purchase?

So many sketchy things to do while hiding behind a smug facade. I suppose the business itself isn't doing so well if you can't actually afford to buy the games you're making tables for, though.

SunBeam
Trouble Makers
Trouble Makers

Re: zappaphan vs BooBoo : paid trainers

Post by SunBeam » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

Logic of it is sell the trainer as cheap as possible to gain "followers" (or reputation; even for shitty indie Unity games; mostly via Patreon, how else?..) and use any available means to obtain the games. Once on your feet, pump in the oh-so lovely membership. Who can assure me you won't go out of business in a year's worth? Regardless of how much you charge me for that, it's still a service - so shit like "yeah, but you can afford to pay 45$ for a 1 year membership" shouldn't be part of the conversation. Who are you to tell me how I'm managing my expenses? All "you"s are impersonal, am not referring to anyone in particular.