Denuvo Using Unlicensed Software to Protect its Anti-Piracy Tool

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
STN
Founder
Founder

Denuvo Using Unlicensed Software to Protect its Anti-Piracy Tool

Post by STN »

[Link]

:lol:
Interestingly, drVano says that VMProtect then took what appears to be a rather unorthodox measure against Denuvo. After cooperation with Sophos, the anti-virus vendor agreed to flag up the offending versions of Denuvo as potential malware. VMProtect says it has also been speaking with Valve about not featuring the work of “scammers” on its platform.

In a nutshell, Denuvo is being accused of using pirated versions of VMProtect in order to create its own anti-piracy software. It’s one of the most ironic claims ever made against an anti-piracy company and it will be intriguing to see how this plays out. According to VMProtect, legal action might not be far away.
In other news - [Link]

STEAMPUNKS are proud to bring you the first release including a real Denuvo license generator with untouched game executable Your license will be regenerated if needed (hw change, os updates) Enjoy The Power We just gave you."

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Denuvo Using Unlicensed Software to Protect its Anti-Piracy Tool

Post by Darkedone02 »

i think I just reached my daily dose of irony.

Schnitzelmaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Schnitzelmaker »

SunBeam wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:27 am
A few years ago I had to purchase a VMProtect license to avoid using leaked versions which were already AV-flagged (needed the license for other features as well, SDK-oriented). And it costed 300$. And these fuckers, a COMPANY, aren't capable of purchasing one that suits their business? Wow, just wow. Serves them well.
Because they are a COMPANY they didn't sign a deal, as far as i read denuvo had to pay a percentage of each income to vm protect. Which might result in some millions of money they have to pay. So not a cheap license then.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Schnitzelmaker wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:19 pm
Because they are a COMPANY they didn't sign a deal, as far as i read denuvo had to pay a percentage of each income to vm protect. Which might result in some millions of money they have to pay. So not a cheap license then.
But didn't denuvo make millions(possibly more since big game publishers used it) using VMProtect's VM instead of making their own?. How is it fair to vmprotect and they explicitly said no to them.

Do you think denuvo would have sold their license cheap to the game companies? Ever wonder why indie games couldn't use denuvo when it was uncrackable at a time and 3dm quit?

It's irony overload and those scums deserved it. VMProtect is a small company and it's probably why denuvo didn't give a damn about their notices.

Schnitzelmaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Schnitzelmaker »

Of course they did millions of money, they are a some greedy asshole which using 3rd party software and sell it as their own.

Lets see in which direction it goes. But Denuvo already developed their own protection without vmprotect.

Soul Reaver
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Soul Reaver »

Hopefully this is a good sign that denuvo is on its way out So far i've refused to purchase any game that uses it even after it has been removed . And of course they made millions from what guessed and hearsay each license copy of denuvo for a AAA game costs between 500K and over a mill thats excatly why indie devs havent really touched it

Schnitzelmaker
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Schnitzelmaker »

And the complete story is a lie. VMProtect denied that there are open issues with Denuvo [Link]

But Denuvo seems dead at the moment. Tekken 7 was cracked within 4 days.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Yeah seems like they reached an agreement