Attention: Cease and Desist from Microsoft Corp

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
STN
Founder
Founder

Attention: Cease and Desist from Microsoft Corp

Post by STN »

I have stopped counting by now the number of copyright infringement complaints from different game companies and their lawyers over the years.

This is the first time that Microsoft Corporation sent a CEASE AND DESIST threatening me with legal action. Sent to trash as usual.

I do want to say can you guys please stop mentioning/linking or referencing pirated sources or “I used X cracked source”

These lawyers don’t look beyond the surface and assume we’re distributing illegal pirated content and immediately send a notice to me/my host to shut me down.

I am sure this wouldn’t go beyond anything…hopefully but it’s fucking MICROSOFT and yeah I feel a little uneasy ESPECIALLY since there’s a slander campaign against me for a whole year and doxxing attempts were made against me, maybe I have slipped up somewhere and some cunt leaked my info. Or maybe the host decides to fuck me over. It’s not a nice feeling knowing a giant of software company wants you shut down and you’re not obeying. I didn’t give a crap about theesa when others kneeled but MS is a different beast.

All I ask is if you must, just use vague terms. “Unofficial version”, “free version”, just use your imagination and be creative. I am not going to name and shame but this C&D letter was triggered because someone proudly said “oh I used the cracked version” like seriously?.

Quite frankly, some of these complaints from these lawyers are justified. (Some of)You guys behave as if this is some piracy site which let me assure you it is not. I don’t condone it, I personally buy and support software authors if I can afford it. I will not judge you and I even understand why piracy maybe necessary at times or someone might just be too poor but KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. I wish I could use some of the mainstream hosts with great offers but that was not an option due to the circumstances surrounding Dark Byte’s closure of CE tables. I don’t want to go to even obscure illegal crap hosts, FRF is completely legal and the complaints about cheat engine are BS but real piracy is not and my current host isn’t outright illegal hoster so yeah.

That’s all. I wouldn’t even care and make this post if it was any other company. MS don’t fuck around though and I know someone who had to shut down from a similar C&D.