Paid trainers

Post your topics and discussions here that you can't find a good section for.
Klempnermeister
Noobzor
Noobzor

Paid trainers

Post by Klempnermeister » Sat May 20, 2017 12:00 am

In the trainer section there are a lot of paid trainers now. Booboo starts to advertised his trainers (all features you only get when you paid for it) and now CheatHappens as well.

Is that allowed at all? Is there any difference in which paid trainer is allowed and which not? I've tried to read some old topics on CE and figured out paid trainers were allowed to be advertised as well but just want to be sure.

BooBoo
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Re: Paid trainers

Post by BooBoo » Sat May 20, 2017 12:37 am

@STN If you feel like my trainers are spamming the site, please feel free to remove them.

Take Care
BooBoo

arlight1
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by arlight1 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:08 am

Klempnermeister wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 12:00 am
In the trainer section there are a lot of paid trainers now. Booboo starts to advertised his trainers (all features you only get when you paid for it) and now CheatHappens as well.

Is that allowed at all? Is there any difference in which paid trainer is allowed and which not? I've tried to read some old topics on CE and figured out paid trainers were allowed to be advertised as well but just want to be sure.
No offense to Booboo, you do a great job with your trainers and I really enjoy them, but I don't think we should allow paid trainers here. This community is more about the usage of cheat engine, and creation/sharing of cheat table and trainers. Paid trainers aren't cool man. Rather than keeping the features of your trainer behind a paywall, why not share the source code or methodology behind some of the hacks/cheats you provide. Share some of the knowledge required to make them. Provide some tutorials, and the like. I like to think that's more what this community is about. Especially again the CheatHappens trainers.

SunBeam
Trouble Makers
Trouble Makers

Post by SunBeam » Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 am

^ It's the user's choice what they do with their knowledge. How about you pay BooBoo for that knowledge, those tutorials. It's not like it's a one time trainer, you pay for a method you can use in tons of targets. Would you do that?

NotPWizard
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by NotPWizard » Sat May 20, 2017 2:02 am

I'm just following BooBoo's lead here. I mean if it's allowed for him/her then it should be allowed for everyone, correct?

Sytron
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by Sytron » Sat May 20, 2017 2:44 am

Klempnermeister wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 12:00 am
In the trainer section there are a lot of paid trainers now.
Prior to reading this post I had no clue that this was a "thing". Personally I would like to see a subsection for paid trainers, not only for organization of the forums; but also because behind the scenes discussions about methodology and approach don't exactly apply.

That being said I think paid trainers are fine and do have some sort of place here.

++METHOS
Administration
Administration

Post by ++METHOS » Sat May 20, 2017 2:57 am

Again, not my site, so not my say. But we should also consider things from a site owner's perspective -- the one that has to pay all of the bills and carry nearly all of the associated risks. From a site owner's perspective, anyone that uses this site for their own self-interests is essentially piggybacking on the traffic of this site and may be benefiting monetarily. Anyone that has ever taken the time to run any site on any serious level, understands the significance of this.

That being said, this poses another set of problems outside of the scope of what this community is all about.
Granted, the bulk of this traffic probably came from CEF, but that was only after DB's approval, and, it was done so as a way to help carry the content/community during a time when CEF was under DDoS attack.

This is why I proposed that if any paid content shall be permitted on this site, then that content should be used to help fund CE, CEF and/or FRF -- even if on a percentage basis. I am inclined to believe that paid content can coexist alongside free content -- whether that content came in the way of tutorials, trainers and/or cheat requests etc..

All that said, if I had a choice, I would probably opt for all-free content. Then again, it is not my site... ...because if it were, I would probably monetize the crap out of it. :D

arlight1
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by arlight1 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:02 am

SunBeam wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:47 am
^ It's the user's choice what they do with their knowledge. How about you pay BooBoo for that knowledge, those tutorials. It's not like it's a one time trainer, you pay for a method you can use in tons of targets. Would you do that?
If you're asking whether I'd pay for tutorials, I would actually, yes. I wouldn't mind paying if a tutorial was of decent quality and provided all necessary content/code to replicate at our own leisure and understanding.

NotPWizard
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by NotPWizard » Sat May 20, 2017 3:11 am

++METHOS wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 2:57 am

This is why I proposed that if any paid content shall be permitted on this site, then that content should be used to help fund CE, CEF and/or FRF -- even if on a percentage basis. I am inclined to believe that paid content can coexist alongside free content -- whether that content came in the way of tutorials, trainers and/or cheat requests etc..
This is not a bad idea. I could get behind it if the deal were right and certain allowances made.

danielyee
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by danielyee » Sat May 20, 2017 8:45 am

oh hello all..community and adm..creator of fearless..ch.
i wonder..just If..If..
the policy goes forward and approved by the founder and the creator
suggest to have 2 groups..rather to put everything in a basket..
what do you all think..
is it okay..or all right..
just If..If..
only my opinion....community..

Klempnermeister
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Klempnermeister » Sat May 20, 2017 9:50 am

I personally have no problems with Booboo and also not with CH or with paid trainers in general. But I know many people here have so it would be great to have a statement whether its allowed or not (and which rules it comes with).

I also agree onthe suggestion of having a third section called 'Paid trainers' or something. This way people who fully offer free trainerns should have a chance to be seen and not covered between lots of 'advertisements'.

Then after all everyone can decide himself which trainer he wants to use.

hedop
Cheater
Cheater

Post by hedop » Sat May 20, 2017 10:03 am

I support a third section plus the percentage deal for the site. After all this is in a way free advertising space, free traffic for the people who make paid trainers so it should at least benefit the site to some extent. Furthermore people who download trainers here do so because they feel reasonably save to not download any kind of malware because it's from this site. Again that is an argument for this site being a premium space.

So yes. Have a third section and cut a percentage deal. I personally do not like the pay for trainer model. However if we do have it here I think it should at least benefit the community in some way (aka running the site on some of the profits) and it should have its own section.

NotPWizard
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by NotPWizard » Sat May 20, 2017 11:51 am

Well, apparently not everyone is treated equally here as all of my posts were nuked while BooBoo's were allowed to stay. And to think that I was prepared to offer this site some financial assistance (see above). Oh well.

hedop
Cheater
Cheater

Post by hedop » Sat May 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Well depends who you were posting your stuff for. Since you obviously seem to promote Cheat Happens on here I can understand their decision. It's one thing to have people like BooBoo who are basically single individuals making their stuff and posting it compared to promoting a "company" that makes trainers by the boatload asking enormous amounts of money for them and offering "promo" trainers with one option available. No offense but that is as cheap as it comes and you have your own site.

Use it. Your stuff comes up like right at the top of google every time I search no matter which IP I use. Why do you need to advertise for free on here? Get in contact with the site admins, cut a deal, give them 25% of the profits of every trainer you advertise for on here, done. Don't stealth bomb this site, use it as free advertisement space for your shitty and shady business model and then complain when it's taken down.

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN » Sat May 20, 2017 12:04 pm

NotPWizard wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 2:02 am
I'm just following BooBoo's lead here. I mean if it's allowed for him/her then it should be allowed for everyone, correct?
First off, please use your real user, it's not banned. I have deleted all your trainer posts because they offer nothing to the user and just redirect to your site. BooBoo's trainers offer a lot of cheats for free, some trainers are also completely free. You should have asked me first or discussed it here before assuming things.

Since this site is meant as a replacement for CEF's cheats section, the same rules apply here
  • Do not reply to someones free trainer stating that you have a paid trainer with more options.
  • When posting a "Demo" trainer for a shooter the minimum feature must include infinite health if the full trainer has that as well. Lacking that option will get your trainer deleted
  • Your post must have a DIRECT LINK to the trainer. No indirect linking.(Public free File hosting sites like Rapidshare, Mediafire and Dropbox are allowed, and if your trainer is open source you are allowed to ignore this rule )
Now you guys suggested an interesting solution, a premium section for paid trainers only. Normally, i'd dismiss it because this site focus is free stuff but it's second month now that we have to rely on donations and while we reached the goal (amazingly quickly thanks to alright1 and Sunbeam), just a couple people from last month donated again which made me wonder if we can survive on donations alone? and if the same people would donate forever? I mean after a certain point won't they lose interest?. It will obviously be great if i didn't have to worry whether i will be able to pay next month's bills and also have some spare to spend on further improvement of this place ( themes, seo etc.). I like methos point that people who benefit monetarily from this place should give something back especially since by allowing them, we have to take the hatred from the masses and it stands to reason we might be driving some donators away who would donate otherwise.

It's something that needs to be discussed with other admins, supporters and the community that has actually made this site possible including talents etc. It's not my decision alone so i'll make a thread shortly and update this thread after we reach a decision.