MCC Toolbox V3.8.4 NEW!- Halo 4, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo CE, Halo Reach

Upload your trainers here (No requests)
SilentRunner
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: MCC Toolbox V3.8.4 NEW!- Halo 4, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo CE, Halo Reach

Post by SilentRunner »

_0174 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:39 pm
Hey all, for anyone wanting to use this mod in the mean time you can follow this [Link] to download an older version of MCC that the toolbox mod is compatible with (The 12th July 2023 build as of this post).

I used this 12th July manifest from [Link] (for Halo 2 specifically) to play some third person campaign. Worked a treat! This should be plug and play for each of the games in the collection, just download the older build of the game you want to play, swap it in, job done.

This should hold up until MCC gets another update, then you'll need to repeat the process (But if you keep the download depots its an easy swap and you're up and running again).

Enjoy! And of course thanks for MCC Toolbox in the first place, its amazing :D

Nice work, it's good to see some people find there own solutions for problems too. There are sites that have catalogued my tool with all the versions I put out with the game version they work with. I also include the patch version Im fixing for in my changelog inside toolbox so you can look through that to find what version you need for a specific patch also. Some older versions may be more unstable due to improvements I have made to toolbox over a long period of time, so using most recent version you can is probably the best option as you are.

I still don't really have any plans to update Toolbox at the moment, I did plan for this by adding aob scanning built right into my tool which will dump out the new correct addresses after patches for people to make there own tools and I even made a dedicated AOB scanning with a full scan list included here - viewtopic.php?p=255912#p255912

I always worked on the tool for free and received some very occasional donations, but as the tool grew It was taking more and more time to update and frequent patches braking everything just killed my motivation to work on it any longer.

MrMcBro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: MCC Toolbox V3.8.4 NEW!- Halo 4, Halo 3 ODST, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo CE, Halo Reach

Post by MrMcBro »

_0174 wrote:
Hey all, for anyone wanting to use this mod in the mean time you can follow this ...
I tried this method, but it crashes whenever I open toolbox. I tried the earlier December manifest, but the same thing happens. Do I need a certain version of Toolbox other than 3.8.4? Is there anything more I need to do other than overwrite the files in the Steam folder?

Snowblindmonk
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Snowblindmonk »

MrMcBro wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:08 pm
_0174 wrote:
Hey all, for anyone wanting to use this mod in the mean time you can follow this ...
I tried this method, but it crashes whenever I open toolbox. I tried the earlier December manifest, but the same thing happens. Do I need a certain version of Toolbox other than 3.8.4? Is there anything more I need to do other than overwrite the files in the Steam folder?
What game in the collection were you trying this with? I was having troubles with Halo CE crashing after downloading the older version but I was successful with Halo 2.

MrMcBro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by MrMcBro »

Snowblindmonk wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:09 pm
MrMcBro wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:08 pm
_0174 wrote:
What game in the collection were you trying this with? I was having troubles with Halo CE crashing after downloading the older version but I was successful with Halo 2.
I tried it with Halo 2 and Halo 3. The game works fine on its own, but once Toolbox is opened, it immediately freezes and then crashes. I tried replacing just the game folders, then the whole thing, but it makes no difference.

Snowblindmonk
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Snowblindmonk »

I'm using toolbox 3.8.4 with the Halo 2 ManifestID 5501255300987353131. I haven't tried Halo 3 yet, I'll give that a go in a little bit and see if it works for me at all.

MrMcBro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by MrMcBro »

I had tried the same version and manifest, but it crashed. Are you replacing the main branch files (including the main game exe), or just the contents of the halo2 folder? And are you trying it with an EAC bypass (and if so, which one), or default? When I don't use the bypass I can load into the game, but can't use the toolbox, but when I load with mods disabled I get stuck on the main menu in an infinite load (with the old manifests). With the bypass I can load into the game just fine, but it crashes when I open toolbox.

Snowblindmonk
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Snowblindmonk »

MrMcBro wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:35 pm
I had tried the same version and manifest, but it crashed. Are you replacing the main branch files (including the main game exe), or just the contents of the halo2 folder? And are you trying it with an EAC bypass (and if so, which one), or default? When I don't use the bypass I can load into the game, but can't use the toolbox, but when I load with mods disabled I get stuck on the main menu in an infinite load (with the old manifests). With the bypass I can load into the game just fine, but it crashes when I open toolbox.
I am using the bypass by sunbeam and I deleted my whole Halo 2 folder and just replaced it with the July 12th version.

MrMcBro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by MrMcBro »

Snowblindmonk wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:38 pm
I am using the bypass by sunbeam and I deleted my whole Halo 2 folder and just replaced it with the July 12th version.
Strange. I did the same thing with the same bypass and it didn't work. I'll try reinstalling MCC completely, then redownload the same manifest and try it again like you said.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I reinstalled MCC to a new folder, then downloaded the July 12th manifest. I deleted the halo2 folder and replaced it with the one from the manifest, and installed a fresh version of sunbeam's bypass dlls. Then I loaded up Halo 2, opened toolbox, and it crashed with a fatal error message. The game runs for about one second with toolbox open before crashing, even without any options enabled.

I guess I'll try it with the April 5th manifest next, but I'm not expecting much. I wonder what the problem is?

Edit #2: I tried it with the April 5th manifest and the game crashes while loading into a level even without toolbox.

Snowblindmonk
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Snowblindmonk »

MrMcBro wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:38 pm
Snowblindmonk wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:38 pm
Strange. I did the same thing with the same bypass and it didn't work. I'll try reinstalling MCC completely, then redownload the same manifest and try it again like you said.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I reinstalled MCC to a new folder, then downloaded the July 12th manifest. I deleted the halo2 folder and replaced it with the one from the manifest, and installed a fresh version of sunbeam's bypass dlls. Then I loaded up Halo 2, opened toolbox, and it crashed with a fatal error message. The game runs for about one second with toolbox open before crashing, even without any options enabled.

I guess I'll try it with the April 5th manifest next, but I'm not expecting much. I wonder what the problem is?

Edit #2: I tried it with the April 5th manifest and the game crashes while loading into a level even without toolbox.
I wonder if it's hardware related. I've got a 4070 and 32GB RAM. Are you using the steam version of the game or windows?

Using the July 12th version has worked with every game except CE for me.

MrMcBro
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by MrMcBro »

Snowblindmonk wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:47 pm

I wonder if it's hardware related. I've got a 4070 and 32GB RAM. Are you using the steam version of the game or windows?

Using the July 12th version has worked with every game except CE for me.
I doubt it's hardware related, since it worked on these same parts before. I'm using the Steam version.

Maybe I'll just try to find a tutorial for how to use SilentRunner's AOB scanner and do it that way.

Pepinosk
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Pepinosk »

Fatal error after starting halo reach

TheMarkusBoy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by TheMarkusBoy »

Fatal error on all games

cheatengineuser01
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by cheatengineuser01 »

the toolbox need to be update that's why you getting errors guys

YigitcanSS
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by YigitcanSS »

My dude when are you updating this if you aren't then release the source code for people to make a fixed fork of it

SilentRunner
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by SilentRunner »

YigitcanSS wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:54 am
My dude when are you updating this if you aren't then release the source code for people to make a fixed fork of it
As I have said many times toolbox has a built in scanner to help people make there own tools, I even made a aob scan tool with a list of all my features which you can use and update to make your own trainers - viewtopic.php?p=255912#p255912

If people can't make there own tool, they are not going to know how to update mine if I release the source code, making mine open source would simply just allow people to copy my work since it contains nothing new or groundbreaking that someone couldn't make themselves. An experienced trainer maker could dump most of my addresses and make there own tool pretty quickly, the fact it hasn't happened shows you there isn't much need for this game anymore, I supported the tool for along time for free Im now focusing on other things.