Pathfinder: Kingmaker (Steam)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
cdtrico
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker (Steam)

Post by cdtrico »

Thanks for the tables, they work nicely.

Would it be possible to do a "No cast time" & "No cooldown" option?

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

redx3551
Cheater
Cheater

Post by redx3551 »

antema wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:47 pm
So, bad news regarding feats. I lowered Valerie's character level using the the Cheat Engine table and then edit the save file to decrease her class level from 2 to 1, as discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7954, and it worked. Valerie had decreased from character level 2 and class level 2 to character level 1 and class level 1, and I was able to level her up again. Unfortunately, upon leveling her up to level 2 again. I was unable to choose an additional feat. Since the Fighter's level 2 combat feat had already been chosen, the game did not allow me to choose the same Fighter level 2 feat again.

As you can see, at the beginning of Level 2 level up process the new Feat slot had already been filled with the Shield Focus, that I had chosen during Valerie's first time leveling to Level 2. It seems that feats are basically slot based. Instead of having a heading called Feats, and under that are all feats placed, it seems that feats are managed as slots being filled. So for Fighters there are slots called Fighter Level 2 Feat, and so on, and that slot can only be filled once.

Note: This post has been posted to both discussions
This is what i was getting when i was trying to get more feats

Rebelicious
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Rebelicious »

That is odd, because that seemingly goes against what Vitae said here:
vitaeexmorte wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:26 am
You can edit the level of your class. It is a simple 4 byte value.
Changing it to a lower one allows you to choose feats and spells again, even class feats. They don't show up in your class progression card (the one under "Class") but are there (seen under "Ablities")

By reducing your character and class level you can for example learn all spells as a sorcerer or learn every Arcane Weapon skill as a Magus.

Unfortunatly changing it to zero does not allow you to pick another or different specialization.

vitaeexmorte
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vitaeexmorte »

@redx3551
Just tried it but used cheat engine to lower the character and class levels, not sure if it makes a difference.
As described earlier, this is just a visual "problem", the newly selected feat is being granted.
If you would go to the feat select screen that follows your picture, you would notice that "Shield Focus" can't be selected, this is because you already have it.
Selecting a different one just won't update that chart, overwriting it with the new icon.
After leveling up, go to Character->Abilities and look under Feats, the new and old one is there.

If you want to test it to the extreme, repeat that process a dozen times or so. See the list of granted feats grow ever longer and the list of selectable one ever shorter.

antema
Cheater
Cheater

Post by antema »

vitaeexmorte wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:09 pm
@redx3551
Just tried it but used cheat engine to lower the character and class levels, not sure if it makes a difference.
As described earlier, this is just a visual "problem", the newly selected feat is being granted.
If you would go to the feat select screen that follows your picture, you would notice that "Shield Focus" can't be selected, this is because you already have it.
Selecting a different one just won't update that chart, overwriting it with the new icon.
After leveling up, go to Character->Abilities and look under Feats, the new and old one is there.

If you want to test it to the extreme, repeat that process a dozen times or so. See the list of granted feats grow ever longer and the list of selectable one ever shorter.
When lowering class level through save editing, there is no "feat select screen that follows your picture". So it seems that using cheat engine to lower the class level does something much more, than what happens after lowering the class level through save editing. So basically, this is excellent news.

vitaeexmorte
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vitaeexmorte »

Could you post the bit where to edit the class level in the savegame?

redx3551
Cheater
Cheater

Post by redx3551 »

vitaeexmorte wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:29 pm
Agreed or put up the cheat table you are using

vitaeexmorte
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vitaeexmorte »

redx3551 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:35 pm
vitaeexmorte wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:29 pm
Agreed or put up the cheat table you are using
Actually meant you. :D
I can't seem to find where they talk about changing class levels in the other forum.
I want to try editing it myself.

edit: Whoops, reading is hard. Totally ignored that your post was in quotation. My bad.
Last edited by vitaeexmorte on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antema
Cheater
Cheater

Post by antema »

Just confirmed that lowering class level through save editing and lowering class level through Cheat Engine, are very different. Using Cheat Engine apparently makes bigger changes, and this allows you to choose the same bonus feats multiple times.

I believe "pics or it didn't happen" is a common expression:

Cheat Engine (you can see the abilities tab):

Save editing (no abilities tab):

antema
Cheater
Cheater

Post by antema »

As for how I found the fighter class level address. I had to level up about 8 times, and choose two other classes, which left me with 6 different addresses and after changing all of them from 6 (current fighter level) to 1 (desired fighter level) and saving and loading, I ended up with 1 level fighter and I could level up fighter again and choose new feats.

But this isn't really a feasible way to change class level. What we really need is an appropriate table that can find the class level, with out resorting to this crude method of increasing class level and performing a new scan after each increase, not mention adding the other classes.

EDIT:
So to all those other than me that have edited class level through cheat engine. What method did you use? Same as mine or something that actually works much better?

Driumyrvak
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Driumyrvak »

So, any luck making a character creation table to have more points to spend during character creation?

vitaeexmorte
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vitaeexmorte »

Now we only need someone who can add the classes to a table. Sadly that's not me. :oops:
Driumyrvak wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:58 pm
So, any luck making a character creation table to have more points to spend during character creation?
No real need for that. Both tables can do it just as good afterwards, right after the opening sequence, before the first fight.
Last edited by vitaeexmorte on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antema
Cheater
Cheater

Post by antema »

Here's where I changed class level.

antema
Cheater
Cheater

Post by antema »

So, as I figured, class level address changes when you load a game, so just wasted a little time leveling Valerie's fighter class from 1 to 2, and reloading and searching for 1 than 2 than 1, and so on.

So at the moment, the only way to get new feats is to cheat level up multiple times and multi classing so class level and character level are different numbers. And, for me at least, that goes a little too far.

vitaeexmorte
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by vitaeexmorte »

Yep, just check it myself.
Savegame editing for class level is rather useless. Apart from the fact that you have no idea which of those IDs is your character or your companions and need to trial-error it.
It seems it doesn't really do that much. Feat and spell progression is not influenced by the changes. Allowing you for example to learn level 9 spells at wizard level 2 if you repeat it often enough (didn't try if you can even cast them like that, might be interessting for someone).
Could be that it only changes the numerical value for skill calculations, eg. making skills more likely to succeed. But again, didn't test it that far.
antema wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:13 pm
So at the moment, the only way to get new feats is to cheat level up multiple times and multi classing ...
No need for multiple classes, even if you end up with five or more addresses, none of the others don't seem to matter much. It is usally one of the last ones. So just change them all to your desired level. Have not found any unwanted problems.

But yes, a table that populates the structure itself if you open character window would be really nice, but this is outside my expertise.