Dragon Quest XI (Steam)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
thurmack
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Dragon Quest XI (Steam)

Post by thurmack » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:48 pm

Hey folks, sorry if this has already been addressed:

I downloaded CE 6.8.1 and the latest table (Edit 7), booted up Steam, loaded a game in DQ11, opened CE, selected the DQ executable process, opened the table (check box Dragon Quest XI (steam) popped up), checked the box (Enable checkbox appeared), and there I am stalled. I can't check or enable the Enable checkbox.

Any tips?

DrummerIX
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by DrummerIX » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:27 pm

thurmack wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Hey folks, sorry if this has already been addressed:

I downloaded CE 6.8.1 and the latest table (Edit 7), booted up Steam, loaded a game in DQ11, opened CE, selected the DQ executable process, opened the table (check box Dragon Quest XI (steam) popped up), checked the box (Enable checkbox appeared), and there I am stalled. I can't check or enable the Enable checkbox.

Any tips?
Try loading a game or starting a new game and waiting until you can move your character. It loads items at runtime and needs to be in the game to do this.

thurmack
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by thurmack » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 pm

And it's the Dragon Quest XI exe I need to load, not that weird DQ11 Hook Console 0.2 executable?

thurmack
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by thurmack » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:28 pm

I tried closing the client and reloading, and even tried creating a new game (waited until character could move, as suggested, then opened cheat engine, selected DQ11 exe, loaded table, selected DQ11, couldn't toggle Enable).

I'm probably doing something obviously wrong - not very familiar with CE or the table scripts. :P

Nickd91
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Nickd91 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:55 pm

thurmack wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 pm
And it's the Dragon Quest XI exe I need to load, not that weird DQ11 Hook Console 0.2 executable?
This is the most likely reason as to why it won't work. That almost definitely alters memory addresses in the same way CE does when injecting code. Meaning, you probably won't be able to play with mods and CE. Unless someone here has both working?

thurmack
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by thurmack » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:58 pm

Ahh, I see. I could have sworn that thing always loaded with my game but it might have just been since I installed the orchestral overhaul mod. I'll try removing the mod and see how it goes.

Thanks!

thurmack
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by thurmack » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Nickd91 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:55 pm
thurmack wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:14 pm
This is the most likely reason as to why it won't work. That almost definitely alters memory addresses in the same way CE does when injecting code. Meaning, you probably won't be able to play with mods and CE. Unless someone here has both working?
It was the mod. Thanks for your help!

zero_space
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by zero_space » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:58 am

I've never used CE before and I'm confused. I want to turn on some Draconian Quests. I couldn't get (and still can't seem to) the "activate" check box to work. I spent quite awhile looking at videos and searching google to see what was wrong. Then when I went back to try something different, suddenly I had a bunch of new options that I could actually enable. I managed to get Hard Enemies turned on but I forgot to turn on the Weaker Enemies Give 0 EXP one.

Now I'm back to not being able to enable it and I'm not sure what I did differently or what I should do now. CE is attached to the right program, I have the same script/CE file that I used previously. I have no idea why it eventually worked the first time.

DrummerIX
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by DrummerIX » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:32 pm

zero_space wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:58 am
I've never used CE before and I'm confused. I want to turn on some Draconian Quests. I couldn't get (and still can't seem to) the "activate" check box to work. I spent quite awhile looking at videos and searching google to see what was wrong. Then when I went back to try something different, suddenly I had a bunch of new options that I could actually enable. I managed to get Hard Enemies turned on but I forgot to turn on the Weaker Enemies Give 0 EXP one.

Now I'm back to not being able to enable it and I'm not sure what I did differently or what I should do now. CE is attached to the right program, I have the same script/CE file that I used previously. I have no idea why it eventually worked the first time.
Are you in game (able to move your character)?

crono686
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by crono686 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi there, i wanted to ask on the possibility for an "enemies always drop items" option. I would like to start a second playthrough and this option would reduce some farming. I asked two months ago but wanted to be sure, so i kindly ask again. Thanks for your work thus far.