Star Ocean The Last Hope

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
HanLiem
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Star Ocean The Last Hope

Post by HanLiem »

DrummerIX wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:56 pm
Thanks; however, I am not currently making more options for this game as I'm playing other games. Sorry.
Noooooooooo...
Why am I always too late to request codes from you.
And this the 2nd time I was too late after Trails of Cold Steel :(

Anyway, I'm so happy for the fast response DrummerIX, it really means a lot for me.
The cheats that You and TheByteSize already made for this game are amazing!
I just hope You take another interest for this game again sooner...

Thanks DrummerIX :)

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

IP64
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by IP64 »

The character editor allows you to learn skills normally not available.
My Edge already has Int Boost learned.
Uncapping or perma-enabling Battle skills is unlikely to happen, you can achieve the Stat boosts by editing the characters directly or just using status enhancer items.

Anyone has a save everywhere code?
Or max all monster collections?
The latter code would allow you New Game+ functionality as soon as you get a Monster Jewel.
Will try to hack the latter myself, haven't had to use DBVM so far, so no promises there. But the code itself is easy to get, just stitch together the counts of monsters defeated for slot 1 and 2, to hex, 8 bytes, then you got the range and just need to find a pointer or directly set that as needed.
At least that is what I remember from hacking that for ps3.

A Run faster code?
Dashing already killed a gamepad and isn't quite accurate to control.
I'd also take hints on how to hack this one in particular.

Walk through walls, something to directly bypass the dungeons would also be nice. You'd risk breaking your game, but saving and testing should still be faster if all you want is to get into late game.

HanLiem
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HanLiem »

IP64 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 pm
The character editor allows you to learn skills normally not available.
My Edge already has Int Boost learned.
Uncapping or perma-enabling Battle skills is unlikely to happen, you can achieve the Stat boosts by editing the characters directly or just using status enhancer items.
Thanks for the thorough explanation IP64 :)
Well I just thought having for example Critical Hit, No Guard, First Aid, Auto-Healing, Stun, Fury Boost, Berserk, Convert all active at the same time for Edge and the other characters will be so much fun and give us new gameplay experiences.
I just really hope those conditions can be realized, wouldn't it be amazing? :D

IP64
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by IP64 »

Sure would, HanLiem, but I'm not longer active these days, rather playing the games after they're as hacked/modded/bugfree as possible, to be enjoyable.
One option to realize equipping multiple skills would be to byte search for changes when you equip such a skill, locate the memory region this is stored and then edit that.
There's a ton of pointers DrummerIX and TheByteSize and possibly others present here got, likely one pointing there, too.

On that note, look at Arumat's Battle Trophy Code.
Copy that, append to the final pointer +2c and set the Array size to 616.
Then put 01 for each of the 616 bytes (4*154), all monster collection data should now be unlocked.

You can use the jewels and get all that stuff you earned playing through this game on x360 and ps3.
Forgetful me, the kill counts were stored as 2-bytes with some other 2-byte number after that, haven't yet looked at my old notes.
This hasn't been thoroughly tested, I'll be playing the game before I get to tidying up any table in progress.
But there were memory constraints on the old consoles, good to keep that in mind for ports like this one.

Thanks for the table guys!

muccmaster
Cheater
Cheater

Post by muccmaster »

Is there a way to get all battle trophies at once or is the only way to do it individually?

DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DrummerIX »

muccmaster wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:33 am
Is there a way to get all battle trophies at once or is the only way to do it individually?
The fastest way is to change the Array of Bytes options under it to FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 0F for each character.

Ghost Machete
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Ghost Machete »

TheByteSize wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:38 am
The Battle script may need you to be in battle at least once before you can activate.

Battle
  • EXP Mult - you will see on result screen
  • Fol Mult x10
  • Inf HP
  • Inf MP
  • PT SP Mult x10
  • Damage Modifier - damage will show on screen correctly, it does crash game at certain condition; as of now I don't know what is that condition.
Battle Trophy
  • Battle Trophy Check 1/2 - Activate this if you absolutely sure. It will auto complete anything that met the first requirement and finish the rest of the chains.
  • Exact Value 1/2 - These two will auto complete those exact damage type.
Field
  • Inf Fol - Shop - Fol will not go under 500K if you are already above; the display value will decrease during purchase, just reopen purchase screen to refresh Fol display.
  • Inf PT SP - Skill Boost - Party SP doesn't decrease during Skill Boost; crafting still decrease it.
  • PT SP Mult x10 - Harvest
  • Crafting Cost Zero
Editor/Viewer
  • Character Edit - re-equip a piece of equipment to refresh stats
  • Selected Item - data view only
  • Selected Char Trophy - view data only. the offset to each is 0x28 hex or 40 in dec
Will this work without DBVM?

IP64
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by IP64 »

cpy release does not need dbvm, thankfully. Does need dbk64 if you want to scan.

The Monster Collection Layout is XXXX - YY ZZ, The first 2 bytes are the count, YY/ZZ deal with drops and possibly locations, so you'd best go with 0101FFFF as a pattern, works fine on my end so far. Translates to 257 defeated monsters and unlocking all item drops.
Yes, you can buy or drop the jewels, but either option takes more time, imo.
Also prefer to not toggle codes often, alt-tabbing is tedious, hotkeys require binding a keyboard key to your xinput gamepad, which may not work for everyone.
But with the table as huge as it is, I may have missed an option or two..
No offense intended.

And on the multiple skills enabled option, that is still unlikely to happen, as those could also be stored in different ways requiring a much larger script.
Also, all options would be CE only, sans in-game ui, most likely.

Anyhow, run faster, that one bugs me, any hints on how to find that one?
I mean not just DrummerIX, but anyone willing to do a google search and point me to some promising guide, a few pointers on how to do this would also be much appreciated.
Even the Bunny is slow, now I remember why that pad died ten years ago..

muccmaster
Cheater
Cheater

Post by muccmaster »

DrummerIX wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:12 am
muccmaster wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:33 am
The fastest way is to change the Array of Bytes options under it to FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 0F for each character.
Thanks a ton!

Skybornx2
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Skybornx2 »

Could someone make a tutorial on how to apply and use the cheat table on this game?

i'm new to this and my first try didn't go to well

muccmaster
Cheater
Cheater

Post by muccmaster »

Skybornx2 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm
Could someone make a tutorial on how to apply and use the cheat table on this game?

The opening post does a good job at describing most things. What are you having trouble with?

Sauce
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by Sauce »

If you google "cheat engine kernal mode", several of the first topics will walk you through exactly what to click.

---

I don't know if CE has gotten more stable or if I have a weird system config, but it has never crashed my system once going into that mode.

HanLiem
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HanLiem »

IP64 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:46 pm
Sure would, HanLiem, but I'm not longer active these days, rather playing the games after they're as hacked/modded/bugfree as possible, to be enjoyable.
One option to realize equipping multiple skills would be to byte search for changes when you equip such a skill, locate the memory region this is stored and then edit that.
There's a ton of pointers DrummerIX and TheByteSize and possibly others present here got, likely one pointing there, too.
Thanks a lot for all the knowledge and information you've shared to us all IP64, and the tables DrummerIX and TheByteSize provided for us, as they are greatly enhanced our experience in having fun with the game.
I just hope you all take another determination in creating mods for this great game sooner or later :)

You Really are Awesome Guys! :D

HanLiem
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by HanLiem »

IP64 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm
And on the multiple skills enabled option, that is still unlikely to happen, as those could also be stored in different ways requiring a much larger script.
Also, all options would be CE only, sans in-game ui, most likely.
Yet I still have high hopes for the Multiple Skill Enable Mods Option :)

Skybornx2
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Skybornx2 »

muccmaster wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:01 am
Skybornx2 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm

The opening post does a good job at describing most things. What are you having trouble with?
Yup i went back and i got it in my second try :D When you think about it it wasn't that hard to learn it :D

Already Added 20 of each item :D and everything is going great in making my own custom save :D

@DrummerIX Thank You so much for making this table 8-)