Suikoden 2 NTSC for ePSXe 2.0.5

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Suikoden 2 NTSC for ePSXe 2.0.5

Post by DrummerIX »

I have a table for Suikoden 2 NTSC Using ePSXe 2.0.5 ready. Contains some basic things for now.

I have Infinite HP In Battle, Infinite Equipped Item Use, Infinite Rune Use Out of Battle, Quick Level Gain and a basic Character Editor with experience for now. I do have Runes in the editor, but I was having issues changing them at the start of the game, so it might not work right. Potch pointer of course as that's pretty basic.

Options so far:
Infinite HP In Battle
Infinite Rune Use In Battle
Infinite Item Use
Infinite Rune Use Out of Battle
Quick Level Gain
Instant Richmond Investigations
Always Dash World Map
Do Colored Intro Code (Hold R1 + R2 When 'X' Mark Scene Happens)
Set All Characters To Max (255) Stats
Pointers to Potch, Game Time (Hours, Minutes, Seconds)
Character Editor (EXP, Character Enabled, Stats (STR,MAGIC,PROT,M DEF,TECH,SPEED,LUCK) and Equipped Items (Rune, Helmet, Armor, Shield)

Enjoy! I will add some more things to this as I have time.

EDIT1: I added Game Time Pointers per request.

EDIT1 again: I found a code made by Pyriel that affects Richmond Investigations. I have no way to actually test since I'm not far into game, but here it is. It's under the character options.

EDIT 2:
I've updated the table to work with CE 7.0, so the Character Editor should work now in CE 7.0. As far as editing runes go, there are issues of just editing them. You have to be out of the menu and change it in CE, then save your game (hopefully you are close to a save point) and reset and load the game again for it to work right I think. At least that is how it appears to work for me.

EDIT 3.0:
I made this table way back when I was learning things. Someone requested I add stats to it, so I took another look at the table. I redesigned it to use LUA timers instead of the old thread method. This removed the crashes when disabling things. I added to the Character Editor the ability to modify the stats and put in one option to Set All Characters Stats To Max (255). I added the ability to modify the Helmet, Armor and Shield of the character also. With changing anything under the Equipped Items section, you need to save and load the game again or you will experience crashes.

EDIT 3.25:
Pyriel made some great Codebreaker codes for this game. I borrowed some of them and made them into a format that works for the emulator and this table. I have Always Dash World Map and the Do Colored Intro Code (Hold R1 + R2 When 'X' Mark Scene Happens). This option gives you the colored intro if you have this on and press the R1 + R2 buttons at the right time. On Xbox 360 controller, it's R1 + R Trigger. I might have time to add a few more things that are being requested like Major Battle options once I get to a major battle to test things out with. Thanks to all the people who hacked this game for PSX and made the gameshark and codebreaker codes. It says I helped with some of those codes way back when this first came out.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Suikoden 2 NTSC Using ePSXe 2_0_5.CT
EDIT 3.25 file (Redesigned and Character Stats, Helmet, Armor and Shield Editing, Always Dash World Map)
(26.58 KiB) Downloaded 898 times
EDIT 2 file (Fixed for CE 7.0)
(16.4 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
EDIT1 file (Added Game Time Pointers and Instant Richmond Investigations)
(16.83 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Initial file (+4 options and Character Editor)
(15.22 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Last edited by DrummerIX on Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:24 am, edited 6 times in total.

makotech222
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Suikoden 2 NTSC for ePSXe 2.0.5

Post by makotech222 »

iirc for runes, you have to edit them, save game, then load game. It should work then.

P.s. I might use this if you got it to work with PCSXR emulator instead.

DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DrummerIX »

My experience with PCSXR is somewhat limited. It runs like crap on my PC while ePSXe runs fine.

Anyway, it was a double level pointer that needed changing in order for it to work on PCSXR. You need to enable either the Character or Battle scripts at least once for the pointers to update. Enjoy if you're using PCSXR. It seems like an outdated emulator for me (no Xinput).
Attachments
Suikoden 2 NTSC Using PCSXR.CT
Initial file for PCSXR
(15.93 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

Yeah and to prove that it's outdated, it used a website that's about to shut down, and they have not updated their page since 2009... while ePSXe is still being updated to this very day. Which is why ePSXe is the superior emulator over any others.

CuteLittleGirl
Cheater
Cheater

Post by CuteLittleGirl »

Hello, are you still working on this? Having pointers for ingame clock time would be very useful for getting a 100% run.

DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DrummerIX »

Hi, I've been taking a break from cheat making for few weeks, but can probably take a look at this game again. I will make some updates this week and get back to you.

CuteLittleGirl
Cheater
Cheater

Post by CuteLittleGirl »

Thanks, an option for instant richmond investigations would be really useful as well. There's another table for suikoden 2 on ePSXe 1.7 if you want some inspiration for more stuff to do.

For me personally the ingame timer and instant richmond investigations would be the most important.

Thanks again.

DrummerIX
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by DrummerIX »

I came up with Game Time pointers easy enough. I'll try other options as I have more time this week. Been feeling under the weather lately.

EDIT: I also found a code made by Pyriel to affect Richmond Investigations. I ported it over to this cheat table. I haven't actually tested it, but I think it should work. It's under Character Options.

CuteLittleGirl
Cheater
Cheater

Post by CuteLittleGirl »

Just tested instant richmond and ingame timer and they both work.
Thanks again!

omninodachi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by omninodachi »

So much love I have for this game. I combined the 2 tables here and added in a lot more codes. I tried to keep it true to the original by adding in weapon level and rune along with armors, helmets, shields and accessories. I even added in a kill counter.

Things I still want to add:
Kindness stat: so far my search has come up bust.
Recruitment
Warehouse items
Party Items
Special Items
Major battles codes (they looks so easy on code breaker, but may have to just use PEC)
Attachments
Suikoden 2 NTSC Using ePSXe 2_0_5 Full.CT
(28.59 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

makotech222
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by makotech222 »

Keep em coming. I love this game too. One request is for pointers to character's rune affinity as well.

omninodachi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by omninodachi »

I never thought to look for rune affinity. One main issue is that the values are fixed. I don't believe there is any equipment which improve this stat either. This would make searches quite trying. I guess I could look based on the rune affinity chart at suikosource. I do wonder, if the A rank is the higher integer then maybe it is possible to have S rank or higher...
0 being E or unusable and 4 being A (making super effective stats 5+ possible). Easiest characters to look for would probably be Gabocha and Tai Ho who are all D's (5x 4 or 1 depending on the order). I am betting it will be the same half byte like the current/max MP. I will probably check the same vicinity as the character name digits.
I will keep tinkering with this.

makotech222
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by makotech222 »

Cool. There use to be gameshark cheats for it I think, but i could never find them.

omninodachi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by omninodachi »

I have been playing Suikoden 2 since it originally came out. I have never found any codes or known any way to increase rune affinity. I am slowly digging up my wishlist. I need to play deeper in order to get to the warehouse and recruit codes. Party and special are already found and added. I still need to check the item modifiers to make sure they are complete.

omninodachi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by omninodachi »

I have not yet run through the entire game to test this. I have added the special, party and warehouse items as well as recruitment codes. I am very certain the digits are not all proper, but it is a huge boost to what was originally posted. Still working on:
Kindness stats
Major battle codes
Rune affinity (but don't hold your breath!!)
Attachments
Suikoden 2 NTSC Using ePSXe 2_0_5 Full.CT
(705.61 KiB) Downloaded 164 times