Darkstar One

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
STN
Founder
Founder

Darkstar One

Post by STN »

Made by Csimbi

Here's a table I made for this underrated Wing-Commander/Privateer-like game.
I made it for the one available on GOG.com (installer file version 1.0.0.5).
It is an AOB table, so it might work with other versions, too.

The table includes:
- Free shopping; as the name suggests, you buy everything for free. Note: you still need to have sufficient cash to buy things, but you can do buy/sell cycles to make more money if needed.
- Minimum Money; as the name suggests, when you buy/sell things, your balance will be checked and ensured that you have at least the amount set in iMinMoney.
- God mode; obvious, but applies to hull only, not to the shields.
- Infinite upgrades; lets you upgrade your ship to level 30 right away, by making sure you have at least 1 upgrade points left after each upgrade. Note: requires at least one upgrade point to begin with. You might want to disable it when you hit level 29, so the last point gets taken away when you hit level 30.
- Infinite missiles: obvious.
- Infinite afterburner: obvious.
- Forward burn multiplier: the strength of the afterburner is scaled with fForwardBurnMultiplier whenever it's used.
- Reverse burn multiplier: the strength of the reverse thruster is scaled with fReverseBurnMultiplier whenever it's used.
- Speed multiplier: scales the conventional drive's speed using fSpeedMultiplier.
- Projectile damage multiplier: scales the damage value of projectiles shot by you using fProjectileDamageMultiplier. Set high enough, it gives you one-hit-kill (see marking target as enemy on one-hit-kill).
- Instant field drive recharge: obvious. Note: fires only when a destination system is selected and you go back to the main screen; it keeps charging normally until then.
- Flak mission script: Enable this only during the Flak missions (when you control a turret to defend a station as part of the main questline); it gives you a better chance by scaling your and the enemy's damage output values (there are two floats there that are configurable). Setting enemy to 0 means that they don't make any damage, no matter how much they shoot at you.

Entries not visible in the table (controlled via hotkeys built into the script):
- Mark target as friendly: Hit 'F9' to mark your current target as friendly. The marked target is given full shields and protected from any damage from here on until the friendly state is cleared. Note: you should always clear the 'friendly state' manually (see F10 below) once you don't need it because another ship might reuse the ship's ID later on. 'Friendly' state had precedence over the 'enemy' state, so if you can't damage/destroy a ship, it's because you did not clear the 'friendly state'.
- Clear friendly state: Hit 'F10' to clear 'friendlyness'.
- Mark target as enemy: Hit 'F12' to mark your current target as enemy. The marked target is stripped of its shield, the shield will be kept at 0 and the next time the ship takes damage either from you or anyone else, it will be instantly destroyed (i.e. one-hit-kill). If destroyed, you don't need to clear the enemy state; it will be done automatically when the ship is destroyed. Great for taking out strong targets when you don't use high values for the projectile damage multiplier.
- Clear enemy state: Hit 'F11' to clear 'enemyness'. The ship you marked earlier will start charging its shield normally and it won't be destroyed in one shot anymore.
You can mark only one target and one enemy (one of each, that is) at any given time as the new mark overwrites the old one. The marks are stored at their own locations, so selecting another target won't change the friendly/enemy state.

All options are on by default except infinite levelup. Turn things on/off using the Boolean values (or by editing the script in case you want to make those changes permanent).

I noticed that while landed, in some systems (not all) opening the ship equipment window or keeping the navigation window open for a long time causes a crash. Could not figure out why. There are autosaves though when you land, so it should not be a problem; just disable the script while you manage these or do them in space.
I also noticed that you won't be able to sell missiles with the script enabled. Disable the script, sell the missiles and enable the script again.

Now there's no excuse for not finishing the story.
Enjoy!

Edit:
I also attached a developers' table in case someone's interested - it is of no use to gamers. It includes code points of interest, partially decoded structures, some basic pointers, etc. In the table extras, I also included notes about how the upgrade bits are shuffled around and get (de)coded. I have to say, it's a pretty clever way trying to obfuscate the real values; it was a challenge because I did not reverse things like that before.

Update 1:
Added a separate script for the Flak missions; enable it only when you're doing this type of missions.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
DarkStarOne_dev.CT
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 600 times

k33psm1l1ng
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Darkstar One

Post by k33psm1l1ng »

Thanks really alot for sharing your cheat engine code. It saved my day :)
I've searched nearly 2h for a working trainer to clear somehow the flak mission

Elterin
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Darkstar One

Post by Elterin »

Hi, did you accidentally delete the non-dev table or did I misunderstood your explanations about the dev table?