ArcaniA Gothic 4 Vision90.dll crash fix

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
STN
Founder
Founder

ArcaniA Gothic 4 Vision90.dll crash fix

Post by STN »

Made by Gniarf

Game name: ArcaniA Gothic 4
Game version: 1.1.0.1433
Options:
-Fix Vision90.dll crash (F11): on some systems the game would crash to desktop when entering Digger's mine and several other locations. This option fixes this crash BUT IT WILL probably CAUSE Another MEMORY LEAK. Don't worry leakage will only happen when the game would normally have crashed; it's the lesser of 2 evils, at least you can play the game.
Typically you want to activate this hack at the main menu, then forget it.
-Hacking leftovers: other attempts at fixing this crash, left there just incase I'd need them later.

If another hacker wants to have a go at it, I'd gladly share what I know, but without going into details, their memory manager has a budget of 256 buffers (I can't change that) and when the game can't find a free slot to allocate memory the allocator returns a null pointer. My "fix" forcefully calls malloc when the allocator can't find a free slot. Since the buffer's address is read from return value (instead of buffer[n].address) it properly reaches where it is used. However I don't know if the memory my hack allocates is freed or not.

Aside that is you wonder why I haven't made an hardcodable patch this time, it's simple: securom prevents me from hardcoding my fixes, and steam's dual-stage exe prevents me from making a loader.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Arcania.CT
(10.84 KiB) Downloaded 124 times