Final Fantasy VIII [steam]

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
STN
Founder
Founder

Final Fantasy VIII [steam]

Post by STN »

Made by ADevilSee

Hello I recently played through Final Fantasy VII using a table from here (which i have to thank the people of this forum and site for). I never really used Cheat Engine before... I've used trainers before from other websites (mostly fearlessrevolution) but i was impressed with the more flexibility you had using cheat engine cheat tables...

This is my first time using this to create a cheat table myself, so I hope this works. The main purpose of this cheat table is to freeze health. The freezing of health mostly works, but seems to break when the party team changes and then need to restart the game to fix it :/ (hopefully someone can resolve the issue).

I have also added some other stuff to the cheat table. I added the X-ATM092 HP address to make the battle with him easy as you need to defeat him five times on the bridge (if you choose to defeat him) and you are on a timer.

I started to add draws to the cheat table. These only seem to work in battle and you have to set the battle one that changes the another value (I've added them both).

I've also modified this lua script to gave all items in inventory (i think)[see screenshot below] from martysama0134 to work with steam version the script is:
Code:

local mybaseadd=0x1CFE79C
for i=0,197 do
writeBytes(mybaseadd+(i*2),i+1);
writeBytes(mybaseadd+(i*2)+1,0x50);
end

As you may have notice from the above lua i changed the quantity amount from 0xFF (255) to 0x50 (80). I changed it to 80 because in battles it doesn't seem to recognize items with quantity over 99, so i choose 80 to gave a lot a leeway.

Anyways with the inventory lua script, freezing of players health and the save editor Hyne (which can be found on sourceforge). I've found I've been able to do most stuff in Final Fantasy VIII. (There are also items in inventory that can be applied to update personal stats such as strength and that as-well.

I admit it far from a perfect solution and hopefully people can help improve it. Most of the benefits defiantly come from the lua script I modified from martysama0134 and using the safe editor. The only real use of this trainer is to freeze health (which is a bit iffy).

Anyways, I hope it helps some of you guys. It better than nothing I guess.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
FF8_EN.CT
(238.61 KiB) Downloaded 304 times