Giants: Citizen Kabuto v1.5 (1.497)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
STN
Founder
Founder

Giants: Citizen Kabuto v1.5 (1.497)

Post by STN »

Made by Alamei

Since the developers disabled cheats after v1.1, I figured I'd put together a simple table for the latest version of the game. This table is designed for the latest UNOFFICIAL patch for Giants (v1.5, build 1.497), available here: giantswd.org/?file=60. (Alas, apparently need to be a member for a while before you can post URLs.) It may work on other versions of the game, but I haven't tested it on anything but 1.497. The table was built for Cheat Engine 6.2.

First, a word of warning: I don't know how to take advantage of any of the more advanced feature of Cheat Engine, like code injection. I basically use it as a real-time hex editor, so this is simply a table of pointers to some useful fields.

The various ways in which the game stores values are not at all obvious, so I'll give a quick rundown on the various options:

General Notes:
"Empty" Slots - Unused/empty inventory slots (for weapons, items, backpack, etc...) will show up as FFFFFFFF (4294967295 in decimal), not 0. Don't be shocked when you see a huge value showing up in an empty slot. Also, if you want to set a slot back to empty, make sure you enter the appropriate value.
Code List - [CL] means that the field values must be one of the options from the associated section of the Code List, available in the table comments or at the end of this post.

All Race Options:
Health - All three races use the same variable for health. It starts at 0 and counts UP to tally damage, so freeze the value at 0 for invincibility. (Credit to noabody for figuring this one out.)

Mecc Options:
Energy - Freeze at 100 for infinite energy (applies to jetpack and any backpack items that utilize energy).
Backpack Type (READ ONLY) [CL] - You can see what type of backpack you're carrying. Modifying this value will cause visual glitches in-game and will not give you the effects of the new pack.
Vimp Meat - Freeze at any non-zero value for unlimited vimp meat. (You still have to deposit it, but you no longer have to farm it.)
Weapons [CL] - Each of the three weapon slots may be filled with a value from the Mecc Weapons section of the code list.
Ammunition - Freeze at any non-zero value for infinite ammo on the named weapon. NOTE: If you want to swap out weapons at a shop, you must unfreeze the ammo for the weapon(s) you're dropping/picking up first, since the game will refuse to add any weapon you already have ammo for to your inventory.
Inventory [CL] - Each of the three item slots may be filled with a value from the Mecc Inventory section of the code list. NOTE: Because health syringes don't have "uses" for Meccs, the only way to give yourself infinite syringes (if you don't want to just make yourself invincible outright) is to freeze a value of 0 (the code for syringes) to one of your item slots.
Item Uses - Like ammunition, freeze at any non-zero value to give infinite uses of the named item. Unfreeze if you want to swap items at a shop.

Reaper Options:
Turbo - Freeze at max value (3.5) for infinite turbo. You'll still be limited in how far away your jump target is, but you can "fly" by simply re-targeting a new area when it comes into range while you're still in the air from your first jump.
Vimp Souls - Freeze at any non-zero value for unlimited vimp souls. (As with the Mecc option, they must still be deposited.)
Weapons [CL] - Each of the three weapon slots may be filled with a value from the Reaper Weapons section of the code list. For reapers, ammunition is associated with a weapon slot, not a particular weapon. As such, you should have no issues swapping out bows after freezing the ammunition for a weapon slot.
Inventory [CL] - Each of the two item slots may be filled with a value from the Reaper Inventory section of the code list. As with Reaper Weapons, item "ammo" is associated with the slot, not the item type, so you can safely leave the item uses frozen while swapping items.
Spells [CL] - Each of the five spell slots may be filled with a value from the Reaper Spell section of the code list. While spells appear to only have "uses" in-game, the developers apparently originally intended to have more of a mana-oriented system in place, so each spell has an associated mana cost. To give yourself multiple uses of a spell, enter an integer multiple of the cost in the mana field for the desired slot. If you want to freeze the mana for infinite uses of whatever spell you place in a slot, make sure to set it at 20+ to cover the minimum cost of all spells. You will see some graphical oddities (partially-filled spell orbs) if the mana available isn't an exact multiple of the mana cost for the associated slot, but gameplay will be unaffected. If the partial orbs bother you, you can freeze the mana cost of each spell slot to 10 (or an even divisor of whatever mana value you've frozen).
Spell Ready (READ ONLY) - Boolean (1/0) value that shows whether or not the spell you have currently selected is able to be cast at that moment (irrespective of mana costs). You can try freezing this at 1 for zero cooldown time on spells, but it can cause some glitches, so I'm listing it as read-only for now.
Reaperski - Freeze these settings at non-zero values for infinite missiles or turbo. (Only tested during the race missions, may not work with skis outside of those levels.)

Notable Omissions:
Kabuto Stats - I couldn't track down sprint or adrenaline, and when I tried manipulating his size, it had very weird side-effects, so you'll have to live with just invincibility here.
Vehicle Health - I never used the gyrocopter, and never really took damage on the reaperski, so I didn't bother trying to track down these values, given how troublesome it was to find the primary health pointer.

Code List: (Also accessible in the cheat table comments; click "Table Extras" in the bottom-right corner of CE to view.)
Code:
Mecc Codes
Weapons
3 - RPG
5 - Machine Gun
6 - Sniper Rifle
7 - Millenium Mortar
14 - Missile Launcher
15 - Homing Missile Launcher
16 - Proximity Missile Launcher

Items
0 - Health Syringe
8 - Grenade
9 - Mine
64 - Flare

Backpacks (REFERENCE ONLY, CAN'T MODIFY)
10 - Popup Bomb
11 - Deployable Turret
17 - Shield
18 - Jetpack Upgrade
19 - Repair Pack
20 - Bush

Reaper Codes
Weapons
45 - Hellfire Bow (RPG)
46 - Lightning Bow (Sniper)
47 - Screamer Bow (Homing)
48 - Power-Up Bow

Items
59 - Health Syringe
63 - Mines
72 - Flares

Spells (Mana Cost)
21 - Bubble (2)
22 - Cluster (8)
23 - Cloak (15)
24 - Teleport (5)
25 - Fire Wall (8)
27 - Hail (8)
28 - Slow Time (10)
29 - Shrink (8)
30 - Follow (15)
31 - Fire Circle (8)
33 - Tornado (20)
73 - Repair (5)

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Giants _1497.CT
(24.79 KiB) Downloaded 343 times

xpr0nx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Giants: Citizen Kabuto v1.5 (1.497)

Post by xpr0nx »

Hi STN...is there a chance to get an updated table? New Patch is like 1.51 and this table does not work anymore...

Megamimh
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Megamimh »

I'd love to have a trainer for version 1.5.1, especially as the backup system on PCs is far from practical.

Megamimh
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Megamimh »

Megamimh wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:10 pm
I'd love to have a trainer for version 1.5.1, especially as the savegames system on PCs is far from practical.