Red faction guerrilla, 1 bugfix + some cheats

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
STN
Founder
Founder

Red faction guerrilla, 1 bugfix + some cheats

Post by STN »

Made by Gniarf

Game name: Red faction guerilla
Game version: 1.0.2.1 and 1.0.2.1 beta*
Developer: Volition
Required cheat engine version: 6.3 or later.
Options:
-Disable XLive CRC checks (by Geri): useless on versions that have Games For Windows Live removed, otherwise see How to use section.
-Bugfix: prevent random freezes. I exact freeze I'm talking about is when cpu usage is 100% on one core, the music still plays, but the rest of the game is frozen.
-Unlimited ammo: unlimited spare ammo, you still have to reload.
-Vehicle health: the vehicle you're in cannot be destroyed, unless it's one-shot.

How to use:
There are 2 ways to use this table, either run the game and patch the instance of the game you just started, or you can patch the exe file and have your game already fixed each time you launch it.
1-If you patch a running instance you MUST disable xlive crc checks before using any other hack.

2-If you patch the .exe file*, do not use the crc check disabler, but you MUST use an xlive emulator (google it). Also to patch the .exe, use file->open file instead of the usual computer icon, and point to rfg.exe.

Notes on the bug:
I don't know what caused it actually, I just saw that the game loops until a given float goes below 2.0 and then it sets a 1 byte boolean to 1 to exit the loop. What I did was to turn that bool into a counter so the loop forcefully exits after 255 iterations at most. I don't know what this float is, it might be the convergence variable of some solver, though I have 95+% chances of being wrong.

* apparently they decided to encrypt the exe in the beta version, so it is not possible to hardcode cheats in the beta exe, and probably all versions above 1.0.2.1.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
red faction guerrilla gnaif.CT
(7.3 KiB) Downloaded 170 times