Star Ocean The Second Story R

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
BigBossJ
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Star Ocean The Second Story R

Post by BigBossJ »

Bless you Dhaos. This is amazing work to an amazing table. Thank you so much.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Nothv13
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Nothv13 »

Awesome table. I am however finding the join member command when used at 8members breaks the ui when entering the menu, forcing you toe force close the game. Not sure anything can be done about it, but just a heads up

J3r3k
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by J3r3k »

Nothv13 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:17 pm
Awesome table. I am however finding the join member command when used at 8members breaks the ui when entering the menu, forcing you toe force close the game. Not sure anything can be done about it, but just a heads up
You can’t have more than 8 characters :)

formersaluki
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by formersaluki »

Okay. Did a little bit of testing last night and read your note about combat skills. Does Quigong count since it eats the hit with increased defense? That would explain a lot of what I was seeing in my testing. Thank you so much for addressing this directly. You're amazing.

I thought I saw a huge back and forth on this thread about the max stat on level up cheat and was just wondering where the table ended up with that. It seemed to me that they changed the rules on who can gain particular stats from the original, which it seemed like your original script helped reveal. I'm 100% on board, just wondered what state it ended up in. I want to make sure I'm getting the maximum stats I could by resetting the game until it gave me a perfect level up. Too many terrible memories of FFIX. If this isn't where this ended up, could someone give a quick tutorial on using the character editor scripts. I don't use cheat engine much and using it to edit for max stats terrifies me a bit.

epicthinker
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by epicthinker »

can anyone tell me how to unlock talents for characters? for example, Celine has a low chance to start with Love of animals but she can never learn that talent. How do i override this and let my characters learn all talents?
(Claude with the blessing of mana would be cool too!)

Twilurk
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Twilurk »

formersaluki wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:28 pm
Okay. Did a little bit of testing last night and read your note about combat skills. Does Quigong count since it eats the hit with increased defense? That would explain a lot of what I was seeing in my testing. Thank you so much for addressing this directly. You're amazing.

I thought I saw a huge back and forth on this thread about the max stat on level up cheat and was just wondering where the table ended up with that. It seemed to me that they changed the rules on who can gain particular stats from the original, which it seemed like your original script helped reveal. I'm 100% on board, just wondered what state it ended up in. I want to make sure I'm getting the maximum stats I could by resetting the game until it gave me a perfect level up. Too many terrible memories of FFIX. If this isn't where this ended up, could someone give a quick tutorial on using the character editor scripts. I don't use cheat engine much and using it to edit for max stats terrifies me a bit.
My understanding is the current state of the script will accurately ensure the highest possible growth as if you had reset over and over for each level for each character. The game did change, slightly, in that a few more characters can now grow STM than previously, but even in the original version more characters could gain STM than the official guide acknowledged.

I feel comfortable saying in its current state it is safe to use to reach the theoretical legitimate max stat growth for each character. The one thing I will note is that piety will result in random growth when learned as a skill, and you may want to either count the value added and then re-distribute them manually for each character, save scum, or accept the random distribution it provides.

Twilurk
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Twilurk »

epicthinker wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:48 pm
can anyone tell me how to unlock talents for characters? for example, Celine has a low chance to start with Love of animals but she can never learn that talent. How do i override this and let my characters learn all talents?
(Claude with the blessing of mana would be cool too!)
Under Misc there is the option Character Data Modifier. At the bottom of that list for the character selected via equipment screen there is the option Talent (2nd from the bottom). You can fill in the value based on the numbers I provided earlier in this thread. Just add them together to get the combination you want. To be as "legit" as possible for Celine I'd add together Blessing of Mana (100% for her), Design Sense (90%), and Love of Animals (10%). Just take the values for those three, add them together, and put them in that option.

formersaluki
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by formersaluki »

Twilurk wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:21 pm
formersaluki wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:28 pm

My understanding is the current state of the script will accurately ensure the highest possible growth as if you had reset over and over for each level for each character. The game did change, slightly, in that a few more characters can now grow STM than previously, but even in the original version more characters could gain STM than the official guide acknowledged.

I feel comfortable saying in its current state it is safe to use to reach the theoretical legitimate max stat growth for each character. The one thing I will note is that piety will result in random growth when learned as a skill, and you may want to either count the value added and then re-distribute them manually for each character, save scum, or accept the random distribution it provides.
Thank you so much for the response. That was how I was hoping it worked. My obsessiveness gets me really stuck on this kind of stuff. I was aware of the issue with Piety and had pretty much decided I was going to save scum my way through that one since it's just 80 targets to hit (10 points in the skill for each of the 8 characters). I REALLY hate that they took the under the hood stats off the character page lol. Made it a lot easier to check this stuff in the original game.

Also huge thanks to Dhaos (and other contributors and question answerers) for this. Having a table like this available to manage the RNG that makes it so hard for me to get through a game like this is so helpful. Legit. It has allowed me to relax my obsession and actually sit back and enjoy this amazing remake of my favorite game of all time. Truly my hero.

pissdog
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by pissdog »

Can you put a free save function on this table? I'd really appreciate it if you could do that :)

mildsevenX
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by mildsevenX »

Thank you for the amazing table!

Is it possible to cheat reduce the item's unusable time to 0?
It's one of the effects of the bonus, but I think it's very comfortable if can do it anytime.

Python4803
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Python4803 »

Piety gives 1 x (Skill Level) points at each skill up distributed randomly to all of your stats. So that is a total of 55 points total at level 10. You could just check stats before leveling the skill, then manually edit the stats to your liking. I personally plan on going full +55 CRT into everyone (except Dias for reasons)

khuong
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by khuong »

@Dhaos

You can break the 20 Item Limit, in Game.GameDefine$$.cctor there's a mov eax, 0x14 that you can change to #99 (or whatever), and then a word ptr you have to change to 20..

Normally that instance is only called at game load, so not sure you can do it in CE unless you invoke it again.. but I'm not sure how to do that.

Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Lord Blade »

I mean, you can just give yourself over 20 of an item and it's fine. However if you gain another of that item, it will reset back to 20.

But I gave myself like 500 fish perfume and of a small and medium fish so I could fish without worry. Worked fine.

manila99
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by manila99 »

Great updates! :) A few request:
Is it possible to have a code that reveals all possible results inside the IC menu? Also, have you found the addresses pointing to each character's equipment?
And last, a code that allows to change the effects and factors active for any character.

Septum
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Septum »

I need some assistance please. I must have done something by accident but some of the materials in my inventory (iron, green beryl, diamond) are incorrect with how many items I have. They seem to be hard locked at some numbers and even if I sell all of the items that I have, it still stays at an incorrect number I have in my inventory. For example, I always have 4 iron and when I sell it or use it for alchemy, it's still at 4 no matter what. How can I reverse this?