Baldur's Gate 3 camera without max distance limit

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
FHell
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Baldur's Gate 3 camera without max distance limit

Post by FHell »

Hey folks! Have you ever felt like the camera is just too darn close to your characters? Because I certainly have. Since there were no ready-made solutions out there, I decided to tweak some things myself. What I came up with is a simple modification to the camera distance check. It's not much, just a few bytes changed, but it makes a world of difference. Enjoy a wider view of your game!

P.S.: Unfortunately, the camera seems to lose height adjustability when entering combat.
P.S.: The camera doesn't seem to exceed the limit in combat situations yet.

Added the script "PreventCameraLock." It prevents the camera from locking when selecting characters. Do not use it while playing with a gamepad, as it create some bugs.

UPDATE: Found new offsets for camera control. The table now allows adjustments for maximum distance and camera tilt.
-- Added a function to set preset values across all offsets

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
BG3_DX11_camera(8).CT
(6.58 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
BG3_DX11_camera(7).CT
(5.22 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
BG3_DX11_camera(6).CT
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
BG3_DX11_camera(4).CT
(7.2 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Last edited by FHell on Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:35 am, edited 8 times in total.

Lawless
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Baldur's Gate 3 camera without max distance limit

Post by Lawless »

Hello and thank you!
But unfortunately I can't get it to work. When I check the box, the game crashes instantly. Any idea why?

FHell
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by FHell »

Do you have a licensed copy? Are you launching the game through Steam? And which API are you using, Vulkan or DX11?
This table is intended for the Steam version of the game running on DX11.

For other versions, the offsets would be different. I didn't aim to create a universal variant.

Lawless
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Lawless »

Yes, it's an official version bought on Steam. I launch the game using .exe (dx11) in the game directory.
Am I the only one who crashes?

Reunited
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Reunited »

Hi, thanks for the mod. Works perfectly. Can you please make another much needed camera fix - currently there is a bug (?) in game when you single-click a character portrait, it will automatically stick camera to that character and you won't be able moving camera around by moving cursor to the edge of the screen (with mouse panning enabled in game settings). This should happen only with double-click on a portrait or pressing Home, but not with a single-click (simple selection of a character).

However, if you use XBOX controller and press Left Stick (button), it will unstick camera from the character. When you return to using keyboard/mouse it will remain unsticked even if you single-click the portrait of another character (but only until combat happens or location change, then it resets back to bugged condition). So, this is intended camera behavior. Please make a CT table for it to be automatic. Just unsticked camera at all possible scenarios, without sticking it back to characters.

FHell
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by FHell »

Reunited wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:31 am
Hi, thanks for the mod. Works perfectly. Can you please make another much needed camera fix - currently there is a bug (?) in game when you single-click a character portrait, it will automatically stick camera to that character and you won't be able moving camera around by moving cursor to the edge of the screen (with mouse panning enabled in game settings). This should happen only with double-click on a portrait or pressing Home, but not with a single-click (simple selection of a character).

However, if you use XBOX controller and press Left Stick (button), it will unstick camera from the character. When you return to using keyboard/mouse it will remain unsticked even if you single-click the portrait of another character (but only until combat happens or location change, then it resets back to bugged condition). So, this is intended camera behavior. Please make a CT table for it to be automatic. Just unsticked camera at all possible scenarios, without sticking it back to characters.
Added the script "PreventCameraLock." It prevents the camera from locking when selecting characters. Do not use it while playing with a gamepad, as it create some bugs.
Attachments
BG3_DX11_camera(4).CT
(7.2 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Reunited
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Reunited »

FHell wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:34 am
You are most awesome dude out there! Finally I can start enjoying the game.

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

Here, A bit more flexible script for Vulkan.
FHell's camera lock above did not work, so I did not port that.
Credits go to FHell.
You CAN reduce min. value to 0 for a first person type of look, but then the camera won't rotate anymore...
Attachments
bg3_CameraPosCalc.CT
(8.35 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

BourbieSpeedrun
Cheater
Cheater

Post by BourbieSpeedrun »

Instant crashing my game sadly

Reunited
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Reunited »

FHell wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:34 am
Can you please update the table for latest game version v4.1.1.3630146 (Hotfix 2)? Not working/crashing with it.

Last bumped by FHell on Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:09 pm.