Dungeon Travelers 2 (dmm jp)

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
cybertron
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Dungeon Travelers 2 (dmm jp)

Post by cybertron »

For DMM JP version.
Character level, exp, skill points, equipped gears, etc (go to status, reset level, or change gear menu)
Make sealbook without consuming monster spirits, and set monster spirits to 99 (only for the spirit types you already have).

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
DT2_ja_v0.5_.ct
(68.14 KiB) Downloaded 1971 times

superkhajit
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Dungeon Travelers 2 (dmm jp)

Post by superkhajit »

can you do one with the english version, please?

ytrfamli
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ytrfamli »

Thanks for the wonderful table. Tons of fun with custom equips (even to item names!)
And it's for the Japanese version! I can't be happier. I actively avoid most official multilanguage releases.
(Hot spring is called onsen now? Just what's with the trend that prefers transliteration?)

I had to make a slight search/replace with notepad for it to work though. For some reason it targets DT2_ja.log instead of DT2_ja.exe.

The description says bonus attribute points max out at 50, but I can actually set it beyond and the game accepts the value. The same is true for the "+" bonus, which can go beyond 99. Which is nice! More freedom for players.

The HP, TP, status and rawstatus seem to be volatile? They do take effect but is reversed after any memory access from the game - enemy hit, equipment change...etc. (not much of an issue because the equip and attribute cheats you give us are super powerful.)
It does has some rare case uses - there is a Fruit boss that will cast All Resistance 100 - It doesn't matter how high your stats are, attacks just get blocked. With this you can force the stat down so your attacks actually hit.

==========MULTI CLASSING & ENCHANT ID LIST==========
My little contribution:
The charPtr + 9C points to class ID.
Add the record to the table, and with a bit of hacking you can do multiclassing (within a character's class tree).

First, progress to whatever class you want, and distribute skill points as you see fit. This will be your sub class, so do make up your mind - these skills will be read only after you switch to your main class.
Switch to CheatEngine, and change the character's class ID to the class tree's root. (Which is the base class. Each class has an ID, for example, the id for basic fighter is 0.) Note here you do not want to actually use the class reset in the game, or the skills you just setup will be lost.
Go back to the game, and progress to your main class. (Game tricked into thinking you're actually at base class.) You now have both the skills of the previous class and the current class.

You will not be able to set skill points to sub class skills now, but they are still visible in the status page. (And exclusive actives can be used if you've invested in them earlier, so this is not a placebo, it indeed works.)
If you don't follow these steps (like you just edit ID to jump between tree leaves[leafs]), the game will crash when you try to distribute skill points. If you accidentally save after you've done that, you'll need to class reset in the game, simply reload won't help you, because you've retained an incorrect class tree.

I only ever needed to do this on one character, so I don't have the class ID list.
I do however have a list of enchant IDs. With this you can make whatever equipment you want - you can even mod the enchantment of unique equips! (Though only common equip can have a + bonus, it has no effect on unique's.)
Equips do not stack so the mod persists even if you unequip/reload after a save.

(Sorry but to keep the excel table condensed I did not write in English - the table IS for the Japanese version anyway. The black squares ■■ means that value range is useless and results in garbled text. Values from 0xC6 and beyond cause the game to crash.)
Attachments
EnchantID.zip
xls file, pass is cybertron
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 568 times

ytrfamli
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ytrfamli »

Oh right, and the JP/EN thing.

It is largely just an asset switch, so in theory, the table should just work.

And, indeed. I just tested, you simply need to open the table with a text editor, use find/replace, then replace all occurrences of DT2_ja.log to DT2_en.exe. And it will work. (Haven't done a full test, but the table's most important character hack seems to work.)

I can't say the game itself holds a candle to the original though. It should be very easy to notice, that most of the seal scenes are verbally clean. In the original, both the visual and verbal are highly suggestive. In this game most of the dialogues in those situations are just banter. I'm 50% done with the seal stuff and don't have high hopes for the rest. And note, 50% includes those that are simply captured without any dialogue, only bosses have seal scenes. If you go into this game wishing to make lots of creepy Woody's faces, chances are you'll be disappointed, a lot.

yych0611
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by yych0611 »

Is there a way to modify the experience multiplier? I hope to modify the value of the experience gained

superkhajit
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by superkhajit »

need one for item drop rate too.

ytrfamli
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ytrfamli »

>>yych0611
>>Is there a way to modify the experience multiplier? I hope to modify the value of the experience gained

This will come with minimal returns - you can already change exp/lv at will, so very little reason to do this.
If you're still interested, maybe monitor when exp is written to memory by asm, and do some fiddling.
For reference, this jp wiki entry describes the formula:

[Disable JS before you go! Site has many silent background ads or tracking stuff.]
[Link]

It seems there's an intrinsic value per monster, divided equally, then multiplied by rate via LV difference, so 1.25, 1.1, 0.93, 0.85 will certainly be values to look out for. (could be hard coded in asm or could be loaded from mem, no idea.)
That rate directly below is for the Xp Rate grand seal book, it's from a sub-dungeon at quarter way of the game I think. It increase rate when the mob's level is +5~10 higher than yours (+10 = 1.4X, +5~9 = 1.2X).

=================================
>>superkhajit
>>need one for item drop rate too.

JFYI, only a few unique weapons are truly unique, like bonus to 2 attrib or faster attack speed, the rest (including most non-weapons) can be mimicked easily, and scale with +, where as many uniques will be completely useless in late-game. (Cf. the JP wiki's equip list.)

Again, if you're interested, it seems there're only two things that increase item drop.

Treasure Hunter's passive, increase item drop.
A combo skill called "Magical Treasure", increase equip drop.

For the combo skill you need 3 of Magical Princess, Sage, Treasure Hunter, Mistress, Papillon in the party.
It is a single target skill, so perhaps every monster has a drop rate variable or flag during battle?
Passive skill is certainly more easy to use for mem scans, combo skills are only available when condition during battle is met.

The rest is mystery.

=================================
I actually tried to see if I can do teleportation, with very naive assumptions:
1 block = 1 inc/dec somewhere in memory
The results were utter failure.
Sad that more elaborate mem hacks is beyond my league...

variante
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by variante »

ytrfamli wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:49 am
*snipped*
You can do more than just multiclass within the same base class. In fact, you can have all skills from all classes (all 6 base classes) in one character. Just a matter of fiddling with arrays. Take care, the game doesn't like duplicate skills from different classes (e.g. Identify) and will crash if any is present in a skill array. If you want to try this, don't be stupid and backup your saves.
The looooong skill list, note skills from scout and tank classes are present
It's real simple. Do the multiclass trick on each of the 6 characters to get all skills, collect their skill arrays, concatenate and remove duplicates (made a Python script for this, not gonna share tho), use Cheat Engine to allocate a sufficiently big memory region, copy the filtered array there (modify the array size value too), modify skill pointer address (of the characters you want all skills on) to point to that region. The visual change is immediate, but need to save/load to take effect in actual play, which is when the game will crash (unexpected mem alloc I assume). Load the save and enjoy your uber squad.

You can also manipulate arrays to give as many enchants as you want to an equipment, though only the first 4 are shown.

On transliteration: it is used since there is no English equivalence. For example, "onsen" encompasses the hot spring, the facility around hot spring and the type of resort, while "hot spring" refers to the geothermal phenomenon's product. "Sushi" and "ramen" are two other examples. The practice is common where there are cultural differences between the languages, also when the translators want to avoid loss-in-translation.

ytrfamli
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ytrfamli »

Picking this up after a long hiatus didn't spark any new interest for me. Walking with the mini map felt like moving dung via fluoroscopy. I just couldn't continue.

I'm leaving some extra stuff here before I delete my copy.

The XY Coords may not work because they are pointer scans in the JP version.
(But relatively easy to reimplement, I don't know how nothing turns up in my first attempt.)

The NoClip and NoEncounter scans via AOB, hopefully it will work in both versions.

Keep in mind, NoClip/Teleportation may cause soft locks, because game progress relies on event flags getting set in a specific order when you go around the maze. Manage your save accordingly.

Finally, many thanks to cybertron, I learned something from the table.
Attachments
DT2_ja_Extras.CT
Contains only the extras, if you want just a single table, do a manual merge with cybertron's.
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 349 times

Cantra
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Cantra »

Not sure if this will be useful for anyone, but I noticed the only lists for unique items were roughly translated from a Japanese wiki.
My attachment here contains all unique items with their in-game names, a translated list of enchantment effects, and the 4-byte codes for each.

Each gear piece has a variable data size depending on how many enchantments it has, that goes for generic enchanted gear and unique items too. While the table lets you adjust the range (+4 bytes for each enchant slot), I wasn't sure of the consequences of this. If you tried to change a 3-enchant item to a 4-enchant item, you'd either A) potentially expand the range to include a value that doesn't correspond to a valid enchantment, causing a prompt crash, or B) if you changed the value first, who knows what was actually using that value, whether you ended up corrupting something else.

I used like for like. I did the below to turn a useless 4-enchant mace, Cypress Club into something top tier like Sinner Sword:
1 - Equip Cypress Club onto a character, look them up in Cybertron's table.
2 - Change 'Name' and 'Name in Description' both to 'Sinner Sword'.
3 - Change 'Item Type' to 0000000F. That's the item's 'soul', the game will lookup the item's stats, description and class restrictions, so no need to manually enter those. But the effects have to be added manually.
4 - Change the four enchants to 000000AA, 000000B1, 000000B5, 000000B7.

You need to unequip and requip for all the changes to go through like the stat changes.

I've documented every weapon and gear piece. You can of course make your own items by putting whichever effects you want on a generic item (boost to +99, use the Blacksmith to put four effects on it, change effects to whatever you want) but this will hopefully let people generate items that the game can legitimately give you.

The sheet contains the full list. The first set of columns is the user-readable part, further to the right is the Type and the codes for the Enchants. Further to the right is a more readable table of enchants and their codes if you want to create your own items by looking effects up.
Attachments
DT2 Items and Enchants.zip
.ODS file, password is cantra
(96.68 KiB) Downloaded 207 times