The Hat Man: Shadow Ward

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
R_X
Cheater
Cheater

The Hat Man: Shadow Ward

Post by R_X »

Game Name: The Hat Man: Shadow Ward
Game Engine: Unity
Game Version: 1.31
Steam Website:

The main reason for this table is to deal with bugged / sometimes non-functioning or annoying achievements and to make my life in this game a little easier. ;)

Additional informations about individual options can be found in the spoiler below.

If you want play as "normal" as possible, i would suggest to look at the first 2 options only.

hatmanKillPlayerDistance => set this to -1.5 , so you can not be killed by the Hat Man and you can move through him

attackPlayerSpeed => set this to 0 and freeze it , so the Hat Man can no longer move now, he will only be teleported as he always do

Start your game and activate the script.

Have fun :)
=============================================================
Additional Informations
Achievement-Stuff:

== Game Timer==
The game isn't very long, at best you can beat it in less then 30 min. If you have problems with this or just want to play a bit calmer, the Game Timer option is for you.

m_GameTime => if you reach the end of the game and the timer ist below 1800 you will get 3 achievements. (Finish the game in under 30 / 45 minutes / 1 hour.) Can be frozen.

== Shadow People ==
In the first room and after you click on the journal, shadow people appear. To beat them you will need the flashlight. You will need 4 for the one and 50 of them for the other achievement.
Want to speed things up, change the value of the 2 options.

m_nTotalShadowPeopleSeen
m_nTotalShadowPeopleKilled

== Hat Man ==
For this achievement you must be in the same room as the Hat Man 10 times. Is that too annoying for you, set the value to 9 and lure him once into any room. Achievement granted.

m_nTotalHatManInSameRoom

== Journal ==
Achievement: Listen to your daughter read all the pages of her journal in a game

This can be a little bit tricky. Even if you take time to listen all 22 pages, you will not always become the achievement.

Here are a few useful tips on how it had worked for me. (without change any value in the table)

- Start the game
- go to Options / Settings and turn off "Autoplay Voice over"
- play the game and collect 21 pages (the last page is only available at the very end of the game)
- open your Journal (J) and press P to start the voice over, wait till the end, change the page and press P again to... I think you should now know how the thing works.
- after that go and end this game, if you walk through the white door you will find yourself in the elevator again, now you have 2 options,
(1) walk upstairs to your daughter's room and click on her Journal and hear the voice over for page 22 to end this game (achievement should pop up) or
(2) press J again to open "your" Journal and the last journalentry (page 22) voice over will be played and should give you the achievement as well

For me only option 2 had worked correctly. I'm unsure if the value for "m_ReadPageCount" alone is important for the achievement or only in combination with "m_UnreadPages" or something else.
My advise is, leave this values alone and use it only for reference. And don't change "m_CollectedPages" or you will likely stuck and can't progress. The game creates the rooms randomly based on your game progress.

But feel free to change anything you want, it's your game.
Screenshot Table options
Edit:
The Hat Man does not have a V-Sync option so your game runs perhaps with really high fps.
This has the consequence that keys do not react correctly or delayed.
You should force your graphics driver to always V-Sync ON and you should now play in fullscreen only.
The positive effects on this is:
- no tearing
- Mouse-Buttons and Keys, especially the inventory keys (1-9) should now better / faster respond

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
The Hat Man.CT
v1.31 (Steam)
(7.38 KiB) Downloaded 31 times