Trap Quest [Aika]

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Xhianil
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Trap Quest [Aika]

Post by Xhianil »

ArchAngelRC wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:45 am
I waited for a new update from Aika, since he posted his "open source" github of Trap Quest.
I was hoping the next post would either be completely open source or a change of terms. Sadly it did not came.
So I will stop updating the cheat engine table for this reason.

As 2 poster on /hgg put it nicely:
Also it's not open source if the source isn't actually open.
The source comprehends everything in the current version of a program's code. This includes everything necessary to make the program run as it should be when compiled by a third person as if it was compiled by the original writer.
Since the original author is withholding assets from the source code the source code is not public, and therefore remains a propietary software.
Not only that, but as adressed by >>142119 he's gaining the ownership of every single comunity change made to the code.
In retrospect Trap Quest at the moment is less of an open source than fucking Skyrim. And there is something seriously wrong with you when the bone you're trying to give to your community is making Todd Howard look like a person that genuenly cares about the modding community.
I have no problem with people trying to earn some shekels out of other people's boners, even though I think some times it can be a little scummy.
I do have a problem when you are a lazy fuck that doesn't even want to write the code you're profiting with, and I do have a problem when you're so pandering that you make your code semi-closed source and yet retain your original business model.
If you want to keep the code for yourself it's fine, there's nothing wrong with a closed source program. But if you want people to mod your game before it is even finished, and you want to make it an open source project so people may contribute to it as a whole, actually fucking do it.
If someone wants to continue, be my guest. I commented every script, so it should be easy to figure out.
It is the community table after all, I was just currently maintaining it.

Unless aika changes the current state, I hope this game vanishes and his source of income dies.
Until then, cya.
Honestly it occurs to me that they might be a little bit if a defensive move on their part in regards to commits to the code, after all they are putting their code out their where people can change it without being able to announce every plan they'll ever have. So let's imagine that someone commits a creature, perhaps a slime, unknown to them Akia has been planning a slime monster for months now and the modder claims rights to it, Akia now has to fight said modders claims, a community scandal, and a possible legal battle in the worst case scenario, which would kill the game. Or they can do what they did.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

girlyvader
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by girlyvader »

Xhianil wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 am
ArchAngelRC wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:45 am
I waited for a new update from Aika, since he posted his "open source" github of Trap Quest.
I was hoping the next post would either be completely open source or a change of terms. Sadly it did not came.
So I will stop updating the cheat engine table for this reason.

As 2 poster on /hgg put it nicely:
Also it's not open source if the source isn't actually open.
The source comprehends everything in the current version of a program's code. This includes everything necessary to make the program run as it should be when compiled by a third person as if it was compiled by the original writer.
Since the original author is withholding assets from the source code the source code is not public, and therefore remains a propietary software.
Not only that, but as adressed by >>142119 he's gaining the ownership of every single comunity change made to the code.
In retrospect Trap Quest at the moment is less of an open source than fucking Skyrim. And there is something seriously wrong with you when the bone you're trying to give to your community is making Todd Howard look like a person that genuenly cares about the modding community.
I have no problem with people trying to earn some shekels out of other people's boners, even though I think some times it can be a little scummy.
I do have a problem when you are a lazy fuck that doesn't even want to write the code you're profiting with, and I do have a problem when you're so pandering that you make your code semi-closed source and yet retain your original business model.
If you want to keep the code for yourself it's fine, there's nothing wrong with a closed source program. But if you want people to mod your game before it is even finished, and you want to make it an open source project so people may contribute to it as a whole, actually fucking do it.
If someone wants to continue, be my guest. I commented every script, so it should be easy to figure out.
It is the community table after all, I was just currently maintaining it.

Unless aika changes the current state, I hope this game vanishes and his source of income dies.
Until then, cya.
Honestly it occurs to me that they might be a little bit if a defensive move on their part in regards to commits to the code, after all they are putting their code out their where people can change it without being able to announce every plan they'll ever have. So let's imagine that someone commits a creature, perhaps a slime, unknown to them Akia has been planning a slime monster for months now and the modder claims rights to it, Akia now has to fight said modders claims, a community scandal, and a possible legal battle in the worst case scenario, which would kill the game. Or they can do what they did.
I think the offense comes more from the perception that Akia is trying to have the best of both worlds; he's willing to release enough of the code that other people can make basic content, but also is retaining rights to everything made so anyone who makes a mod more popular than his game might find themselves forced to hand over their own work to him and cease any further work on the project unless they want to keep giving him their revisions to lock behind his paywall. That's not the established way that open source software projects work, and the impression Aika gave the community was that he was making the project open source on github, not what could be viewed as asking other people to make, for free on their time, content for him to own and sell and make use of with only the parts of his code which he chooses to release.

In short, Aika's trying to be both a small independant professional developer, whose funding relies on his patrons not being able to stop paying and just build the supporter versions from the source code, and a one-man hobby developer who can lean on the resources of other programmers in an open source environment without having to pay a team of employees. The problem is, the two things he's trying to mix are literally two directly opposed concepts, the concepts of 'for profit development' and 'not for profit development' and the resources/rules each, and that got a rather predictable strong response from people who, from their perspective based on the information Aika gave out, had just been lied to and had their time wasted.
Last edited by girlyvader on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

darkGraf
Cheater
Cheater

Post by darkGraf »

It seams that for the Version 5.2 Hotfix new AOB wood be:
aobscan(showmeme, 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 AA BF 8A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00)
But it works only in starting menu because there more strucktures with that aob after loading the game.

barnibusjr
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by barnibusjr »

Hi I am noob in CE and wanted some help.
I wanted to ask if anyone can help me connect the CE to Trap quest game, I have the 5.2 Hotfix and the AOB 1.9 which I know is for the 5.0 B but since that version is not available anywhere I tried to make it work with this. can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
I run the AOB and it opens CE, I run the trap quest with Git and open the game file, then I put it on Instant and then load the game on the CE, after this I get no response from the CE, activation does not work, I replaced the AOB given by darkgaf but still no response. activation doesnt work at all.
Thanks

girlyvader
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by girlyvader »

barnibusjr wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:09 pm
Hi I am noob in CE and wanted some help.
I wanted to ask if anyone can help me connect the CE to Trap quest game, I have the 5.2 Hotfix and the AOB 1.9 which I know is for the 5.0 B but since that version is not available anywhere I tried to make it work with this. can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
I run the AOB and it opens CE, I run the trap quest with Git and open the game file, then I put it on Instant and then load the game on the CE, after this I get no response from the CE, activation does not work, I replaced the AOB given by darkgaf but still no response. activation doesnt work at all.
Thanks
As noted in the later posts, the author has stopped working on this after some drama occurred with the game's developer and the community. This has not been updated since then; he commented the last table thoroughly so as to allow a third party to update it if they so desire, but as of now this is outdated and will not work with the latest release.

AnonTaco
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Trap Quest [Aika]

Post by AnonTaco »

Updated Patreon Unlocker (Password), includes the variable/key address It's checked against for reference. For version 180712 (I think latest? From 7/15/2018)

Didn't test/update anything else tho.

Xhianil
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Trap Quest [Aika]

Post by Xhianil »

[QUOTE="AnonTaco, post: 52421, member: 19647"]Updated Patreon Unlocker (Password), includes the variable/key address It's checked against for reference. For version 180712 (I think latest? From 7/15/2018)

Didn't test/update anything else tho.[/QUOTE]

So close to the new version, though I'd wait for the hotfix before updating your file.
Last edited by Xhianil on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

slitherhence
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by slitherhence »

Well this is pretty stupid. Frankly, I support Aika in this. Corruption of Champions went "fully" opensource (as people here describe it) and it was a complete and utter fiasco that lead to CoC being shelved in an incomplete state. Fenoxo's new project, Trials in Tainted Space, operates under the same provisions that Aika is giving for Trap Quest... specifically if you contribute code or content to the core Trials in Tainted Space project then you are giving Fenoxo ownership of the code, the characters, and everything else you contribute. And this arrangement is pretty standard in the adult game community. Other games with this arrangement include Girl's Life and Free Cities.

And, if you contribute code to the core project, that is not a "mod". So modding has nothing to do with this. You want to make a mod? Create your own project repo and include instructions for how to download the Trap Quest source and compile your mod into it. That's a mod. The comparison to Skyrim is completely off base. Frankly this is just the usual bs... people feel entitled to inflict their views on others and try to make it sound reasonable after the fact.

I mean, if you want to stop updating your cheat script you can certainly do so. That's entirely your choice. But the reasons given for it are absurd. You're punishing us for Aika not shooting themselves in the foot.