Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
KaijuZeus
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Post by KaijuZeus »

can you make an item gain multiplier so that when you pick up items in anyway it multiplies the amount you get, also could you also make a item creation easy talent gain option

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

Nicokoei
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Nicokoei »

Merci :)

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

asmoranomar wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:57 am
Few things...

Item Rarity apparently also affects items in the field

Picking up said field items has shown that there are 5 possible items in the drop table.

A further check has been done to ensure that if the base drop rate is 0, that the drop is skipped. (Otherwise, possible crash)

Another check has been done to ensure that if the drop rate is 100 or more, that the item is not skipped. (Otherwise, possible crash on key item pickup)

As a result, the drop rate multiplier is incompatible with Item Rarity. As it can push the drop rate beyond 100 easily. I'll sideline it to a depreciated section in case anyone still wants it, but it will no longer be maintained.

I do not foresee any issue with this however, as controlling the individual drop chance for each item seems to be much more favorable to a generalized drop rate multiplier. Instead of guessing what multiplier means, you'll be able to specify the exact chance.

But I NEED people to understand how drops work. This is not a "10%+40%+50%=100%, you get an item no matter what". It's a step-by-step process, 10% first item, no drop?, 40% second item, no drop?, 50% third item, no drop? get nothing. If you want a 100% drop, then the last item needs to be set at 100%. And if that item is nothing, you still get nothing.
I can probably see if I can take a look at it later and have it so that if a drop rate would be over 100, it is set to 100 instead of going over 100.

Also, as a warning, if you have the No Item Decrease AND the Limit Items on, don't use auto compound or you'll freeze the game until you turn one of the two off. Also, note that with Limit Items on, it sometimes won't work (which is why I set mine to 16) because it sets first, THEN adds. So to fix that, you would need to do One of two methods:
1) First, set to X value, then SUBTRACT the add amount, then allow it to add.
2) Set to X value, then SKIP the add.

glyth
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by glyth »

infinite va jumps please
password vajump

instructions for save hold the va button to charge jump then after the jump you get another jump holding the va again
Attachments
SAVEDATA_00002.7z
(120.91 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

anon9 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:01 pm
I can probably see if I can take a look at it later and have it so that if a drop rate would be over 100, it is set to 100 instead of going over 100.
The problem with that is if an item is 100% drop, then even the default multiplier (5x) will change it to 1000% (500% x2 - the rate is doubled) - if you have a multiplier that is large enough (50+) everything becomes over 100% and will force the common drop. Even worse, if you have exactly 50% drop rate (not multiplier, so read this as...some arbitrary low multiplier that results in a 50% drop rate), because the game doubles the rate, that becomes 100%. It's weird, because drop rate can increase your chances at getting an item, but too much drop rate and you'll never get rare items.
More Details
In case I wasn't clear, your drop rate is a modifier to the actual rate for each item. Every loop your drop rate is modified, every drop chance is deducted from the new total, and the next drop uses a modified value of that. I didn't really look into how because I didn't want to assume every drop or enemy has the same modifiers. I wanted to eliminate them.

In the original code it does something like this:

DropRate x 2 (this seemed consistent), store into DropRate
Random 0-100
Subtract Random from DropRate, store into DropRate
DropRate Negative? Drop Loot

DropRate x (some value), store into DropRate
Random 0-100
Subtract Random from DropRate, store into DropRate
DropRate Negative? Drop Loot

As you can see, because the DropRate is deducted every loop, if it wasn't modified, there would always be a drop. What's more, because it is modified each loop, there is a chance that the DropRate value would be over 100 naturally. This is some kind of artificial difficulty to make getting drops harder to obtain. Perhaps 'droprate' isn't the appropriate word, maybe 'drop difficulty'. It just uses the DropRate as a base. Adding a general drop rate modifier on top of that would just accelerate it.

And if all this is just too much, TLDR; Drop rate above 100% is normal behavior.
If you attempt to bypass this, then there's a high possibility you skip a forced key item drop, and the game will crash. This is why I wrote the opposite. If the item's natural drop is 100%+, it ignores the code, and the item drops naturally. If it's not 100%, then it will use the values you input (even 100%, because this is after the check). For reasons, I've also done the same thing for 0% drops.

Because of this, there isn't even a purpose of the multiplier anymore. Every time an enemy is killed, it'll check for drops. As long as the natural drop rate isn't 100% or 0%. As the process loops over and over it kinda looks like this:

Is the item not 100%+?
Is the item not 0%?
Random 0-100, is the result greater than Drop0Rate?
Random 0-100, is the result greater than Drop1Rate?
Random 0-100, is the result greater than Drop2Rate?
Random 0-100, is the result greater than Drop3Rate?
Random 0-100, is the result greater than Drop4Rate?

If any result is no, it executes the drop. If it gets to the end, no drop occurs.
anon9 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:01 pm
Also, as a warning, if you have the No Item Decrease AND the Limit Items on, don't use auto compound or you'll freeze the game until you turn one of the two off. Also, note that with Limit Items on, it sometimes won't work (which is why I set mine to 16) because it sets first, THEN adds. So to fix that, you would need to do One of two methods:
1) First, set to X value, then SUBTRACT the add amount, then allow it to add.
2) Set to X value, then SKIP the add.
Yeah, I haven't gotten that far yet. I wrote it the way I did because I wanted things to auto-sell. I suppose if it's causing crashes/freezes I can just do one of the two you suggested.
Last edited by asmoranomar on Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

Another issue is crafting. When crafting pawns, some combination of scripts causes the count of the items to break, which means you end up with say... 3 Pawns, but the game thinks there are 20.

(Btw, if you want to use my vatting gauge script, feel free).

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

anon9 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:39 pm
Another issue is crafting. When crafting pawns, some combination of scripts causes the count of the items to break, which means you end up with say... 3 Pawns, but the game thinks there are 20.

lol yeah, I had a modified version of the script that did the opposite. I had weapons and armor at 19, but I was carrying 50.

I also just found out recently VS was not the same as VA, so I'll add it. I'm still only like 4 hours into the game, lol. Thanks!

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

asmoranomar wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:45 pm
anon9 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:39 pm

lol yeah, I had a modified version of the script that did the opposite. I had weapons and armor at 19, but I was carrying 50.

I also just found out recently VS was not the same as VA, so I'll add it. I'm still only like 4 hours into the game, lol. Thanks!
Can I get a copy of the modified script and how you managed to get it to do the opposite? I accidentally overwrote my main save instead of my test save.

glyth
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by glyth »

would party editor be possible?

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

anon9 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:35 pm
Can I get a copy of the modified script and how you managed to get it to do the opposite? I accidentally overwrote my main save instead of my test save.
Ah, no sorry :(
I deleted it when I saw how game breaking it could be.

But recall that one of the older versions was setting the value directly instead of the value to be added? might that help?

Micchan
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Micchan »

Still hoping for a chaos mode unlock.

chaosblade02
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chaosblade02 »

Hey, great work on the table, it's the best table around for this game!

I just got to the point where I unlocked synthesis, and it would be really helpful if there was an option to synth gear, and not use up the gear. No item decrease should apply to equipment used in synthesis as well.

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

Item Limit has been immediately depreciated.
If you disable the code and you cannot pick up 20 items, please provide feedback.
Technical Details
Because I wanted to still be able to auto-sell items, there was a need to fool the game into thinking you had less items than you actually held. In my short-sighted approach, I only changed the check in the game to see if you had more than 19 items. Internally, this would allow you to pickup items you normally couldn't, but didn't change how many you actually held. So, even if the limit was 19, you were still holding 20. This is why (if anyone noticed) you had to pick up an extra item before the auto-sell would kick in. Since the auto-sell does another check to see if you have more than 20, it was not affected by the limiter....

...except for items that can't be auto-sold. Whoops.

This can cause some hidden items in the inventory that you cannot see. Potentially preventing you from picking up more. I briefly mentioned how I had extra weapons and armor beyond the cap in my inventory during testing, and that should have been a clue. I just assumed they were treated differently somehow (they are, but because they don't stack, you can see all the hidden gear).

In addition, I didn't have Item Creation at the time I wrote the code, and testing was only done on merchants. It just happened to work on chests and other things, so I assumed it would work in any instance items were added to your inventory.

I'm really sorry about that.
Because of this, "No Item Decrease" has been changed. It now has an extra option to prevent items from falling below a specified value (Default 10, you can change this value - also would like feedback if this default should be higher). If you have more than 10 items, it will use them. If you have 10 or less, it will not. Credit goes to Anon9 for creating this; I only modified it slightly.

A new table will be uploaded shortly.

Please stop using the Item Limiter and/or update to v1.11.

Tuuuup!
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Tuuuup! »

inf Free VA jumps. So you can jump again in mid air.

viewtopic.php?p=273472#p273472
Last edited by Tuuuup! on Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martijn1234
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Martijn1234 »

Possible to make Side Quests completed Instant?