Cave Story 1.0.0.6

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
STN
Founder
Founder

Cave Story 1.0.0.6

Post by STN »

Just started learning how to work with Assembly. Any advice is appreciated.

I found Cave Story to be a great learning tool because most of the addresses are static. No need to worry about addresses being shifted around. Looking for pointers in other games, especially the newer ones, are very time consuming. And Cave Story is fast to load if it crashes(which happens many times when debugging and messing with code).

Make sure to check the Advance Options to find other great things you can mess with.

I found that missiles were a lot more fun so I didn't look much into the other weapons.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Godmode works for most of the game except during some boss battles and instant death situations(squished by moving rocks). The health address is written to by multiple functions so if you wanted to remove them just use Cheat Engine's search -> assembly code. Then search for "call Doukutsu.exe+19910" and do what you want with it. Or just nop the part that subtracts damage from current health inside of the function. Will it be that easy in other games? Maybe.

Inf Air works for the most part except during a scripted scene where you're underwater and you have to turn the script off(you're supposed to drown). Leave it off until that scene is over. You'll know what I mean when you get there.

Inf Ammo works as long as you have at least 1 ammo on your current weapon.

Fast Level Up, every time you get exp it'll always be counted as more than the required amount to level.

The fun stuff - Missiles. This section lets you shoot both sides at the same time and adds more rockets(only at level 3). Add more "call Doukutsu.exe+3F80" into the script if you want more missiles. A loop would have been better but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. Then you could easily add in 100 missiles. :D Also, check the Advance Options if you want to change the "first, second or third" missile. You can also edit the height and position at where it starts.

Instant Kill works for the most part except some bosses.

Air Jump lets you jump in the air.

Shoot through walls
No Collision
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun and enjoy!

Made by MagicEye

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Doukutsu.CT
(581.63 KiB) Downloaded 356 times