God of War FOV mod

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
rephunter
Noobzor
Noobzor

God of War FOV mod

Post by rephunter »

Credits: KingKrouchy
I decided that I would look into the FOV complaints that I've heard with God of War. I've managed to overwrite the FOV with a custom value, although currently at the moment, it affects cutscenes and requires NOPing a few functions that constantly write to it during gameplay. There's probably a better way of doing this (Which won't affect cutscenes, I imagine there's a constant somewhere in the game code for the standard gameplay FOV, but this is an early work in progress.

During the beginning portion when you first have access to photo mode, it has a "73.72" degree FOV. This will probably affect cutscenes, and I've seen some oddities around object culling from a distance. Your mileage may vary.

Give this CT table a try, if you don't mind the current caveats. Keep in mind, you should use this with the day one patch that released, and memory offsets may change as the game gets updates or patches. I suspect someone will probably make a better patch, but this is a good starting point for those who want to investigate the FOV issue further:

Screenshot (110 degree FOV): Image

Here's how to make this FOV God of War PC mod work

Download KingKrouchy's Cheat Engine table
Activate the Disable line
Active the Camera FOV and backup pointers and pointer result boxes
Change the FOV value to the desired one
Select both pointerscan result lines and edit both values at the same time and change FOV there as well

This should certainly improve situational awareness during busy combat fights. On the other hand, it may slightly diminish the immersive factor during non-combat gameplay.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
GoW.CT
(4.85 KiB) Downloaded 340 times

Scareon
Cheater
Cheater

Re: God of War FOV mod

Post by Scareon »

Is this persistent or will it need to run every time you play?

STN
Founder
Founder

Post by STN »

Scareon wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:31 am
Is this persistent or will it need to run every time you play?
Any changes done with cheat engine are almost always temporary so I would say it's not persistent here too.

mausi125
Cheater
Cheater

Post by mausi125 »

edit the GoW.exe and you have permanently fov mod

Csimbi
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Csimbi »

You can always set two hotkeys - one that sets a "combat FOV" and one that sets a "non-combat FOV" value and then you can switch quickly in-game.