Heroes of Might & Magic III + HOTA + HD

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Heroes of Might & Magic III + HOTA + HD

Post by gibberishh »

Can someone help me understand how campaign scores are calculated?

I want to eventually be able to edit the final campaign score: because of these cheats, I'm able to finish a map in "1 day" -- and even though I kill everything and find every artifact, I always get very low scores (I think it's the lowest possible score that the campaign allows). I know I'm cheating but that low score still makes the whole experience quite unsatisfying ;)

I tried searching for the calculated value (and even range of values) in CE but can't figure out where it is accumulated. Or maybe the game doesn't keep score of your progress but rather how many creatures you have killed, towns captured, or something like that? And then calculates the score only at the very end? Will I get a higher score if I move around with an army of just 1 solitary low-level troop and kill everything instead of raining down death with a horde of archangels?

I know high scores are stored in HiScore.dat and there may be a way to hexedit it but that is not the point. I don't want to see my name on the high scores list... just at the end of every campaign I want to be told I did a good job :P

Any nudge in the right direction will be appreciated. Thanks

[This has been solved and implemented in future tables. Additional thanks to Bulldoser for sending details about the scoring system.]

FYI, I just checked: even with the built-in infinite spellcasting cheat the cast spell icon is disabled after 1 cast. You have to click on your hero to keep casting. If the programmers themselves were unable to achieve this feat then I don't know what hopes I have lol.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Last edited by gibberishh on Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Oopsie. I decided to stop writing cheats and actually spend some time playing the game. Apologies: the Infinite Travel script needs to be re-activated every time you change the selected hero. I didn't realize this earlier because I was testing with a single hero. How super annoying :cry:

I've changed my script entirely so that it no longer requires constant toggling. Hopefully I have not introduced new bugs... wanted to get this "fix" out ASAP and haven't had much time to test it.

Also added Alt+S to give the selected hero all spells.

Removed obsolete table. New table at viewtopic.php?p=342675#p342675
Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:41 am, edited 14 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

This is a little complex so bear with me. Added Towns to the cheat table.
  • Current Town pointer is updated only when selecting a town from the world view (i.e., not if you switch towns while in town view).
    • The town pointer will NOT update if a hero is garrisoned in the town. [Fixed in future tables.]
  • I quite like the HOMM6 functionality of "converting" towns into your own class... you can now change the Type of every town you capture. [See note on Sprites below.]
  • You can see/change all the spells available in the town even before building mage guilds.
    • How many levels of spells are available is dependent on the type of town.
    • How many spells are actually visible (vs. how many are listed) is also dependent on the type of town + availability of library.
    • I've re-used the list of scroll spells for the Spells dropdowns -- that's why you will see "Not a Scroll" listed there instead of "None" or something clearer.
  • You can change the number of visible spells at each level. Hero will learn all visible spells irrespective of town type.
  • Structures requires some explanation, as does the list below it named Built. The Structures list controls the buildings visible in the town and the Built list controls the behavior of construction buttons and what resources are available in the town.
    • Generally 1 = constructed, 0 = not. However, as you upgrade each structure, its predecessor should be set to 0 -- but only as long as they are in the same "physical location". E.g., Village Hall becomes 0 when you build a Town Hall because they occupy the same space. But Marketplace and Resource Silo occupy different spaces so they both would be 1 even though you build them from the same button.
    • Setting everything to 1 will not screw up your game however (at least it hasn't for me so far). In fact, in some towns you can click on both Village Hall and Town Hall separately because the TH sprite sits on top of the VH sprite.
    • To compensate for the resetting of "old" structures from 1 to 0, the game separately keeps track of which structures have ever been built in the town. These need to all be set to 1 (e.g., both Village Hall and Town Hall would be 1) under Built.
    • Not all buildings are available in every town type.
  • Alt+L will automatically legally build everything in the currently selected town (make sure the correct one is selected!) except Capitol. You can have multiple capitols using this cheat but that would be illegal so I've left it out. You can add it manually to every town as described above.
Sprites: Unfortunately the game stores the sprite of the town (the building shown on the world map) in a very weird place. I have not be able to write code to access it in a simple way. So at the moment you are unable to change the sprite. This means that even if you edit the town type from Castle to Necropolis, you will still see the Castle building on the world map. Or, if you use Alt+L to give yourself all buildings and an unfortified town becomes fortified, you will not see the "upgraded" town sprite on the world map. (The icon on the right changes correctly in both cases.) This makes this whole set of cheats less useful and a little inconvenient. Apologies for leaving this out but it has been several long hours of trying over multiple days without any success. If anyone wants to pursue this, one of the addresses where the sprite is accessed is Heroes3.exe+FCECA. It's a 2-byte record.

Same with Town Name: the game stores the name in an obscure place and I haven't been able to access it easily. It would have been nice to have the name in the table so that you know you are editing the correct town. As of now you have to make sure you click on the town on the world map (either the sprite or the icon on the right) and just believe that the correct town is selected :( [Fixed in future tables.]

Removed obsolete table. New table at viewtopic.php?p=342675#p342675
Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:41 am, edited 20 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Important fix: Reveal Puzzle Map will no longer crash if there is no puzzle on the map. Woohoo.
Another change I made is that the revealed puzzle will no longer be saved in the game (unless you actually visit the obelisks). Consequently, the puzzle will be revealed as long as the cheat is on, and will be hidden again when it is off. This was a design choice, not for the purpose of fixing the crashes. Am not sure what others will prefer but I like it this way.

Very minor and irrelevant addition: You can change the face of your hero. You can use any number from 0 to 161 to try out different faces. Generally, though not always, even numbers are male faces and odd numbers are female. Any other number will cause the game to crash.

Created a new table for HOMM3 HD 2.0.exe. This is the game that comes with HOMM3Launcher.exe. Again, I don't know the exact game version. I believe it's a Steam distribution. It has Restoration of Erathia only. No Armageddon's Blade, no Shadow of Death. This table has all the same functionality as the HoMM3 table. However, because the additional campaigns are missing, this table lists lesser units, town types (no Conflux, no Elementals, etc) and items.
Hero portraits in this game/table are restricted to 0 to 129. Any other number will cause the game to crash.
The good news is that in the HD table I am able to show the name of the selected town.
In case anyone wants to tackle the town building sprites, the access address for this game is HOMM3 2.0.exe+F9570. However, I suspect that info is stored in map data instead of town data so it might be quite difficult to isolate.

I think I'm done with the tables now. This should be the final update unless someone reports bugs, mistakes, typing errors and such.

Edit: Oops. I forgot to set Alt+S for all spells in the HD table. You can still get all spells by double-clicking the empty value next to spells and entering 1. Also forgot to remove Titan's Lightning Bolt from the spell records so taking all spells this way will add that to your spellbook too. If there are any more substantial changes to make I'll fix these in a future table. [Added in future tables.]

Removed obsolete tables. New tables at viewtopic.php?p=342675#p342675
Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:41 am, edited 14 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Sorry people! I assumed the previous would be the last update. I have bad news and good news. Bad news is there are newer tables...

Good news: I've found a way to show the town name in HoMM3.ct. Yay
More good news: Enemy info will now show information of enemy towns, enemy heroes, wandering monsters as well as garrisons (tested only with gates). This is better than casting Visions because Visions has a limited range.

Continuing good news: The HD table now includes the previously missing Enemy Info script. It will show all the same info listed above. Town info is slightly more limited than in HoMM3.ct -- not sure if they removed the town detail function but I can't seem to find it.
Made the HD fixes mentioned earlier: Alt+S will give all spells and Titan's Lightning Bolt has been removed from the spells list. Removed Elementalist and Planeswalker from the Hero's class dropdown. Please let me know if you find other such incorrect data lurking around in the table.

Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:41 am, edited 12 times in total.

Joshuan
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Joshuan »

Thank you gibberishh for your passion and sharing your table.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

No table this time: just announcing that I finally installed the HD Mod (v5.4 R83). I thought I should port my cheats to that since it must be quite popular. I confess I'm extremely (and pleasantly) surprised to find that my HoMM3.ct works correctly with it without any modifications! 8-)

I've only checked the non-HOTA stuff since I don't have HOTA.

If you "Create HD exe" and use that to launch your game, you have to attach the different process to the table (Heroes3 HD.exe). Or you can change the exe name in the table script. You will lose the signature but that only means one extra click.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

I thought I was going to stop. I really did... but here are 3 new cheats:
  • No Mana Cost [Alt+N]: Mana is not consumed on casting spells (world or combat). As long as you have a spellbook, you can keep casting spells, even if you have 0 mana. Especially useful with the Infinite Casts cheat.
  • Transfer All Units: This is the big one. You can now transfer all units across heroes. You no longer need to retain 1 unit.
    This will not work with the new "quick transfer" buttons on the HD mod. It will only work by clicking on the unit to move them, or shift-clicking to split them.
  • Max Scores: You will always score 1000 on single scenarios and 10000 on campaigns, giving you Archangel rank in both cases.
Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:41 am, edited 13 times in total.

xionkh123
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by xionkh123 »

So as for now there is no table for HOTA 1.7.0?

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Improvement: Town pointer is now updated in both world view (as before) as well as town view.
Improvement: Town pointer is now updated even if a hero is garrisoned in the town.

New: Added pointers for Recruits Available in the town.

Improvement: Using Alt+L to fully build a town will also set the default number of recruits, as though you had just built those structures. Keep in mind that any unrecruited units will be overwritten. I believe now the whole town gets built as though you had manually done so one by one in the game.
Be careful to not use Alt+L on a built-up town IF you build a capitol or if you have 2-3 weeks worth of unrecruited troops sitting there. These will all be reset.

Bug fix: Enemy info was not showing info of distant wandering monsters and gate garrisons. Fixed

Bug? Reveal Map sometimes lets you walk past monsters that would normally block your path if there is a narrow gap next to them. I don't know how to fix this... also, it doesn't really seem worth fixing.

Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:42 am, edited 10 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Infinite Casts: The spellcasting button will now work after casting a spell, but it won't be golden. It will look disabled but you can still click it to cast spells. You cannot use C to cast a second spell UNTIL your mouse hovers over the spell cast icon though (or anywhere on the bottom bar). Once you mouseover that icon, you can use the hotkey. The icon will become golden again as soon as you take any action (including canceling spellcasting).
Note: this has a potential to create other bugs. I've tested it as much as I can (I think I've worked on this part of the cheat for at least 5 days?) but one can never be 100% sure.

Critical: The HD table had Specialty and Unit types from the complete game. Selecting any of these will cause the game to crash. They have been removed in the latest table. Once again, please let me know if you find this kind of stuff in the tables.

Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:42 am, edited 11 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Imo, the most annoying thing about trying to use minimal cheats is witch huts. They dump an unwanted skill on an unsuspecting hero and I end up hating that hero for the rest of the campaign. Or you have to hire a mule to go around tagging huts to find out their effects before going on the same journey with your primary heroes. Or I have to edit my hero which I'm (for once) stopping myself from doing.

Now you can reveal witch hut skills before visiting them.

I thought about doing the same for magic shrines but that doesn't hamper the hero's growth in any way so I left that out. In case anyone is interested, make the following change in the script to reveal shrine spells instead of witch hut skills:
Homm3.ct: Change the last 0C in the aob to 10
HoMM3 2.0 HD.ct: Change the last E7 in the aob to E6

Critical bug: If you change a hero's specialty, then that hero tries to leave the map (say, going from above ground to below ground), the game has a chance to crash. No idea what is causing this. Unable to fix it for the moment. [Changed in future tables.]

Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:42 am, edited 15 times in total.

uploadliability
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by uploadliability »

xionkh123 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:47 pm
So as for now there is no table for HOTA 1.7.0?
Yes there is, see on page 2 the update9 from CannonFodder

uploadliability
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by uploadliability »

Thank you so much gibberishh for the most comprehensive cheat table for HOMM3 I've used.
Being able to edit the town is really nice, though I've noticed that this is a bit buggy.
For example if I start a scenario and I give myself immediately a level 5 mage guild it builds, but no spells are inside. (all scrolls are closed) though the spells that would've shown up are (correctly?) listed in the table.
Cheating adding creature dwellings also doesn't always work. the building just doesn't appear.

If possible, could you also make a version of your table for the Horn of the Abyss mod?
It fixes a bunch of bug and a lot of stupid design decisions like the witch hut issue you mentioned, so I almost can't play without it!

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

uploadliability wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:26 pm
... mage guild it builds, but no spells are inside ...
... adding creature dwellings also doesn't always work. the building just doesn't appear.

If possible, could you also make a version of your table for the Horn of the Abyss mod?
First of all, it's quite possible that the tables have bugs. I might have made some stupid copy-paste error and screwed up all the pointers. If so, sincere apologies. More importantly, which table are you playing with? I'll check it and see if I can try to fix it.

I'm a little surprised that it has taken 3 days for anyone to report a bug! Maybe it does not work with your specific version? But before we get to that please let me know which table and at least let me confirm that it works correctly here before we start comparing versions. Thanks

I don't have HoTA and don't intend to install it. Sorry about that.
Last edited by gibberishh on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.