Heroes of Might & Magic III + HOTA + HD

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Re: Heroes of Might & Magic III + HOTA + HD

Post by gibberishh »

An entirely unnecessary update:
  • When I'm going from battle to battle after building up my full army, the music that plays at the start of every encounter gets quite annoying. The music is nice but it freezes control and doesn't let you act until the whole track finishes playing. Replace Battle Herald will replace that music with a half-second sound clip so that we can immediately jump into tactics or battle.
  • Alt+A will enable all scripts (even those without specific hotkeys) and Alt+Shift+A will disable all scripts so you don't have to toggle individual scripts every time. Or use Alt+A, then only disable the scripts you don't use if that is faster for your game style.
Removed obsolete tables. New tables at viewtopic.php?p=342675#p342675

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:43 am, edited 8 times in total.

Bulldoser
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Bulldoser »

Dear Gibberishh, your tables for Heroes 3 are amazing. Would you be considering on playing/do some wonderful tables for HotA some time later? Nevertheless - great job you've already done. Thank you.
btw, you've been asking for 'how HMM3 ranking/high score system works', right? - Here i found some good explanation of it [Link]. That page could be really useful for a bunch of things for it's quite an essence of information for Heroes 3 there.)

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Bulldoser wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:10 am
Dear Gibberishh, your tables for Heroes 3 are amazing. Would you be considering on playing/do some wonderful tables for HotA some time later? Nevertheless - great job you've already done. Thank you.
btw, you've been asking for 'how HMM3 ranking/high score system works', right? - Here i found some good explanation of it [Link]. That page could be really useful for a bunch of things for it's quite an essence of information for Heroes 3 there.)
Thanks: At the moment I don't intend to install HoTA. But there are already good table makers here (including on this very thread) who are free to take my tables and extend/modify them for HoTA if they wish. Or they might extend their own HoTA tables with ideas from mine. I maintain no intellectual property rights on these tables.

Thanks again for the link. Fortunately, I was already able to hack the scoring a few days after posting the question. My tables award you Archangel rank on finishing every campaign/scenario. I was also able to separately hexedit HiScore.dat.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Oops: Just started my first SoD campaign and realized heroes can now equip 5 artifacts not 4. I should've seen it in single scenarios earlier but that square sits in a real blind spot! Added the 5th slot to the Equipped list in Homm3.ct only (the other game doesn't ever allow 5 slots).
Keep in mind that the RoE/AB campaigns in HoMM 3 Complete still allow 4 slots only.

Both tables: Removed Shipyard from auto town-building (Alt+L) since it is very rarely allowed to be built. I hope I haven't missed any town type.

Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:43 am, edited 8 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

This is totally experimental. Not sure if many will find it useful. Quite possible bugs may arise.
Added a form to modify skills:
  • While in the table, use Ctrl+L to load the form. Or click Edit > Modify Skills.
  • Skills here are listed in alphabetical order so you can (hopefully) quickly find the one you are looking for.
  • A skill can be 'deleted' by setting it to blank or setting its value to 0 (lowest/left-most on the trackbar).
  • You can store a preferred set of skills and load them later for any hero. These are saved in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cheat Engine\HoMM3\.
    Feel free to delete this HoMM3 key whenever you wish if you no long want to store skills. CE doesn't let me (directly) delete keys even though I created them.
  • For the first few seconds after opening the table and selecting a hero, the form does not correctly show the hero's skills. Not sure why this is happening. Close the form and open again or click the Reset button -- it usually fixes itself within a few seconds.
  • The form is NOT synced with the table. If you select a different hero or leave the form open and update your skills in-game, the form will NOT know this. You have to close the form and open it (or hit Reset) just before you want to change the skills.
Apply changes: will modify all values in the skills tree according to the ones you have chosen on the form, and close it.
Reset: will discard any changes you have made and update everything with existing values from the table (i.e., from the game).
Close: will discard any changes and close the form.
Store Favorites: will save your current selections to the registry. This will not update your actual hero. Only Apply Changes will update your game.
Load Favorites: will update the form with saved values (assuming you previously saved them).
Ctrl+L or Edit > Modify Skills: Open the form (works only while in the CE table window).
Esc: Close the form.

Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:43 am, edited 6 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Reuse Wells (Alt+W) will let you reuse both magic wells and magic springs.
Normally this would not be required but if you use Infinite Travel and keep increasing your Knowledge through different means, after a while it's just stupid to not be able to use wells or magic springs to refill your mana, especially if it is a different well! The game only tracks whether you have visited "a well" not "that well" and won't let you use a different one. Ugh. Now you can keep re-using any well or magic spring on the map.

Also don't forget that each magic spring has 2 entry points :) Hmmm maybe I shouldn't have coded this for magic springs... but I did it anyway. /shrug

If you don't want to "cheat", you will have to keep track of which wells/springs you have visited that day/week so that you can visit a different one.

Haven't been able to fix the issue with loading the skills form with correct info in the first few seconds after selecting a hero, but I might have reduced the amount of time it takes to start working properly. Not sure. However, I've used the skills form multiple times now and found no breaking bugs so at least that is some good news.

Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:43 am, edited 7 times in total.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Major update:
  • If Godmode is on, you will no longer lose troops to whirlpools or sirens.
  • Fix: The game stores hero spells list in two places -- one for spells learnt and one for spells accessed (e.g., via scrolls). This was causing 'cheated' spells to be forgotten in some cases -- like when moving a scroll from equipped to inventory. Added second list of spells. These records are hidden so you will not see them unless you want to, but if you cheat any spells on to a hero, both lists will be updated and she will learn those spells 'permanently'.
  • Fix: Towns separately store how many levels of mage guild have been built. Thus, if you built an empty town using Alt+L, until now the hero would not learn any spell beyond level 1 from the guild :( Sorry, didn't know/notice this earlier. Added the mage guild level to both town info as well as auto-build. Hopefully now Alt+L really functions as if you had built the entire town manually.
  • Fix (HoMM3 2.0 HD.ct only): Hero's movement would be set to zero when boarding a boat even with Infinite Travel on. Fixed. This was not a problem in HoMM3.ct. The HD game is so badly coded it is aggravating :x
Minor change: Separated out lists of town spells so that 1) only appropriate level of spells are shown in each dropdown and 2) you can use the keyboard to access spell names via the first letter.

Another change: Nobody will notice this (hopefully) but made several changes to clean up the skills form code.
--------------------
CannonFodder wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:08 am
Full spell array value is in table extra... There are 2 zeros in the array, one of them is titan's lightening bolt, I have no idea what the other is.
CannonFodder, both zeros are for Titan's Lightning Bolt: one for 'learnt' and one for 'access', just like all other spells.
--------------------
Fingers crossed none of the changes introduce bugs. The fixes felt critical enough to publish without too much testing.

Known issue (HoMM3 2.0 HD.ct only): If infinite casts is on, selecting a unit fills up all item slots with spellbook icons. This is because of the way the game handles images and is not fixable. This is only a display artifact and does not mess with your game afaik.

Last edited by gibberishh on Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:44 am, edited 5 times in total.

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by CannonFodder »

Haven't been playing recently. What's 'access'? having a spell scroll equipped?

Bulldoser
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Bulldoser »

to Gibberishh
Hello legend. I just had a thought, an idea about to add some function to give a Hero a 100% chance for creatures to join(with or without gold/Diplomacy skill, even against all odds)). Is it feasible within CE hacking? And once more huge THANKS for your and CannonFodder's enthusiasm.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

CannonFodder wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:20 pm
Haven't been playing recently. What's 'access'? having a spell scroll equipped?
Exactly: whether to show the spell icon in the spellbook or not, irrespective of whether she has learnt it via a mage guild or shrine. Thus, a spell via scroll is updated in only 1 spell list, but learnt spells are updated in both lists. This allows the game to remove the spell from your spellbook if you move the scroll from the paperdoll to the inventory IF you haven't "learnt" it by some other means.
See detailed description in the first "fix" listed above.

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Bulldoser wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:48 pm
... give a Hero a 100% chance for creatures to join...
I've been thinking about this myself over the last few days -- and been actively avoiding it. To answer your question, yes it should be possible to have every wandering monster either flee, fight or join through CE. The reason I have been avoiding this is because -- forgive the irony here -- imo the player would become way too overpowered and the game wouldn't be fun anymore.

Plus, if you really want stacks of 200-400 units, you can always edit the number in the table.

CannonFodder
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by CannonFodder »

I've already got this in my table.
GetNeutralCreatureStatusOnRightClick
then change
Disposition (0 always join, 10 never join)
even have a hot key for this

Though I seldomly use it to make creatures join me. Instead, I make super strong prison guard for enemy heroes. Just like good old childhood days playing with ants.

Bulldoser
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Bulldoser »

To CannonFodder.
Yeah, mate. My bad. Joining creatures works like a charm in your table. Also you made the stacks adjustable. THANK you.

skyline86
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by skyline86 »

Hi! CannonFodder. Thank you for your table for HOTA. I'm using god mode, but when AI heroes attack me, they have god mode, not me. Can you fix this?

gibberishh
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by gibberishh »

Oh absolute hell. Unlike HoTA, HoMM3 stores disposition and creature count in the same "space" -- it uses one-and-a-half bytes for creature count, and 1 or 2 bits for disposition. [Added in future tables]
Last edited by gibberishh on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.