Remnant: From the Ashes [Engine:Unreal 4.22] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Remnant: From the Ashes [Engine:Unreal 4.22] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Post by SunBeam »

BIG NOTE: Please be advised that the current table set-up will automatically launch Cheat Engine for you when you double-click the .CT. That will conflict with User Access Control (if you have it active), causing a delay in the table's auto-processing and auto-attaching the game process. When that happens, you'll come barging in saying "doesn't work for me". So, please, either disable UAC from Control Panel - User Accounts - Change User Account Control settings --OR-- head to your CE folder, right-click 'cheatengine-x86_64.exe', then Compatibility tab and enable 'Run this program as an administrator'.

Game Name: Remnant: From the Ashes
Game Vendor: ► Steam ◄
Game Version: 235609
Game Process: Remnant-Win64-Shipping.exe
Game File Version: 4.22.3.0

Hello folks.

This topic will not tackle the usual stuff you find in trainers. Please don't fill it in with all sorts of requests. You can find trainers with god, ammo, etc. in the Trainers section; your choice whose you want to use. This topic is about Unreal Engine 4, console, the default engine cheats (god, slomo, playersonly, fly, ghost, hud, etc.), mapping UObject properties by offsets and dumping the in-engine objectalia.

[ 8 May 2020 - First Release ]

Attached below is a DLL that will do the following:
  • Run threaded UE4 code to create the UConsole UObject, member of GameViewportClient; you may then use Tilde (~) key to open up the console. As far as what you can or can't do with the console, well.. I'm not the game developer :) You'll have to google around for commands, test stuff out and return with feedback, as opposed to just asking "what are the commands?" and waiting to be spoon-fed.
  • Will dump the UE4 FNameArray and UObjectArray, along with their addresses. What this means is you can then know what the fuck you're looking at in memory, when debugging/tracing or mapping structures, and come up with your own conclusions. Just like I did with my table below.
Remnant_Console_Dumper.rar
pass: sunbeam
(181.83 KiB) Downloaded 945 times

Instructions:
  • Download the archive; extract content to a folder of your choice.
  • Run the game, get to main menu.
  • Run IGCSInjector.exe. You can close it when asked.
  • Takes 1-2 seconds for the DLL to find the stuff, StaticConstruct the Console UObject and dump Names/Objects to disk.
  • You may then use Tilde (~) key to open up the console in-game.

Notes:
  • The dump location is your game folder (e.g.: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Remnant\Remnant\Binaries\Win64). You will find 2 files there: NamesDump.txt and ObjectsDump.txt. You'll be very interested in the 2nd one :)
  • The .txt files are generated at "run-time". What this means is if you transition in-game from one map to another or from main menu to game world and backwards, you need to re-dump them. Why? UE4 destroys and recreates UObjects; re-initialization. To re-dump the .txt files press Numpad / (no, key can't be changed).
  • If Tilde (~) key doesn't work then you need to head to %LocalAppData%\Remnant\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor folder. Just press WinKey+R and paste the path in, then Enter to go there. You will see a file here called Input.ini. Open it and paste the two lines below:
    [/Script/Engine.InputSettings]
    ConsoleKey=Tilde
    You may change Tilde to any key you like (e.g.: F10). Save the file and you're done.

Q&A:

1. Why do I need to inject the DLL at main menu?
A: There are 2 things to consider here. a) You need to be at least at main menu as the GameViewportClient UObject in which the Console UObject is going to be initialized needs to exist. It doesn't exist when you're watching the intro videos, so dial down your operations speed a bit.

2. Can you tell me what the commands do?
A: No, from start. However, as I test some commands and functionality, I may be able to explain a bit and post some in the next post. Just keep in mind I'm not the game's developer, so it's not my job or responsibility to KNOW what the commands do. Everything command that's specific to a certain game.. I don't know what it does. You may get the idea from the name of the command, from testing it and so on.. but aside from god, fly, ghost, walk, playersonly, slomo, toggledebugcamera, summon - I don't need others.

BR,
Sun

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Remnant: From the Ashes [Engine:Unreal 4.22] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Post by SunBeam »

Alright, folks. Attached below you will find my current table:

Note: The table itself may not be much of interest, as it currently has 1 active feature in there (yes, it works fine). And that is Add Trait Points. However, there is a big ass Lua script that you're required to run when you open the table. Allowing this script to run and not stumbling across any errors till it finishes will provide access a shit load of console commands that I've detailed below.

Remnant-Win64-Shipping.CT
(29.33 KiB) Downloaded 1062 times

Download the table, double-click the file so CE opens it and click 'Execute Script' when asked. It may take up to 6-7s for the stuff to run, time in which CE main window will be frozen. Once it finishes, you will be able to use the window and will see the process was already open and everything's ready. If you get any error messages along the way, do let me know. Use Cheat Engine 7.1!
  • Compact Mode
    The script will create a menu in main CE window allowing you to toggle full/compact views. Compact view is useful when tables are large, containing a lot of entries, thus you'd have to scroll a bit till you get to your line item. It suppresses the top-half part of CE's main GUI so you can focus only on the table, not scanning or other actions.
  • [ Enable ]
    The script is required for "Add Trait Points" script to work properly, as well as displaying the [ Debug ] information. Sure, you can activate it, but the major functionality is given by the Lua script you're asked to run when opening this table.
  • Add Trait Points
    The script will add the specified number of TraitPoints. I've currently set the script to add 1; you may edit it if you like and set it to a higher value.

This works with or without the TRAITS widget open. Your choice. Note that the script will not activate when ticking its box; it's designed like this to avoid having to disable/re-enable the script each time you want to add 1 point.
  • [ Debug ]
    This section is just for show. You won't find anything user-useful in here, but if you plan on developing some stuff for the game, you may find those pointers useful. Yes, not even the speed can be changed in there, it's a display value and that 600 won't affect your current stats.
Now for the heavy stuff :) I hope you're ready.

CONSOLE COMMANDS

If you've injected the DLL via the injector provided in the first post, you then have access to the console and those 2 .txt files dumped in the Win64 folder, where the game's executable is. Aside from that, if you've allowed the start-up Lua script to execute and no error showed up, then you can use the below now in the console:

Code: Select all

ActivateHandGun                                 -- [x] Usage: ActivateHandGun 0/1
ActivateLongGun                                 -- [x] Usage: ActivateLongGun 0/1
AllowWeaponSwap                                 -- [x] Usage: AllowWeaponSwap 0/1
CanCraftWeaponMod                               -- [x] Usage: CanCraftWeaponMod 0/1
CanUpgrade                                      -- [x] Usage: CanUpgrade 0/1
ClientGiveWaveEmote                             -- [x] Usage: ClientGiveWaveEmote
DebugGiveMaterials                              -- [x] Usage: DebugGiveMaterials
DebugResourceHack                               -- [x] Usage: DebugResourceHack
"Give Liquid Escape"                            -- [x] Usage: "Give Liquid Escape"
GiveMaterials                                   -- [x] Usage: GiveMaterials
GodMode                                         -- [x] Usage: GodMode 0/1 (off|on)
ReplenishResources                              -- [x] Usage: ReplenishResources 0/1 (Health) | 0/1 (Ammo) | 0/1 (DragonHearts)
ReplenishResourcesShard                         -- [x] Usage: ReplenishResourcesShard 0/1 (Health) | 0/1 (Ammo) | 0/1 (DragonHearts)
ServerEquipMod                                  -- Usage: ServerEquipMod ModItemID:int32 ItemID:int32
ServerUnequipMod                                -- Usage: ServerUnequipMod ItemID:int32
SetUntargetable                                 -- [x] Usage: SetUntargetable 0/1 (off|on)
TryUnlockTraits                                 -- Usage: TryUnlockTraits id:int32
TryUnlockWeaponTraits                           -- Usage: TryUnlockWeaponTraits ItemID:int32
"Update Achievement Progress - Armor Sets"      -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Armor Sets"
"Update Achievement Progress - Armor Skin Sets" -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Armor Skin Sets"
"Update Achievement Progress - Crafted Item"    -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Crafted Item"
"Update Achievement Progress - Items"           -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Items"
"Update Achievement Progress - Loot"            -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Loot"
"Update Achievement Progress - Trait Added"     -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Trait Added"
"Update Achievement Progress - Trait Level"     -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Trait Level"
"Update Achievement Progress - Upgrade Item"    -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Upgrade Item"
"Update Achievement Progress - Weapon Mods"     -- Usage: "Update Achievement Progress - Weapon Mods"
AddTrait                                        -- [ ] Usage: AddTrait NameOfBP:str Level:int32
DropItem                                        -- [ ] Usage: DropItem NameOfBP:str Quantity:int32 LevelOverride:int32 Stacks:int32
DoAction                                        -- [ ] Usage: DoAction NameOfBP:str bApplyToTarget:bool
GetAllCheats                                    -- [ ] Usage: GetAllCheats arr:str
GetConsoleCommands                              -- [ ] Usage: GetConsoleCommands Category:str arr:str
GiveAllItems                                    -- [ ] Usage: GiveAllItems NameOfClassBP:str Quantity:int32 LevelOverride:int32 bOnlyUnique:bool
GiveItem                                        -- [ ] Usage: GiveItem NameOfBP:str Quantity:int32 LevelOverride:int32 bAutoEquip:bool
IncreasePlayerLevel                             -- [ ] Usage: IncreasePlayerLevel NumLevel:int32
KillNearbyEnemies                               -- [ ] Usage: KillNearbyEnemies
RemoveItem                                      -- [ ] Usage: RemoveItem NameOfBP:str Quantity:int32
SetKillRadius                                   -- [ ] Usage: SetKillRadius NewKillRadius:float
SpawnCharacter                                  -- [ ] Usage: SpawnCharacter NameOfCharBP:str
UnlockAllTraits                                 -- [ ] Usage: UnlockAllTraits StartingLevel:int32
AddExperience                                   -- [x] Usage: AddExperience Amount:int32
AddScrap                                        -- [x] Usage: AddScrap Amount:int32
GiveAccountAward                                -- [x] Usage: GiveAccountAward NameOfBP:str
Joinability                                     -- [x] Usage: Joinability 0/1
LowerDifficulty                                 -- [x] Usage: LowerDifficulty
RaiseDifficulty                                 -- [x] Usage: RaiseDifficulty
SetDifficulty                                   -- [x] Usage: SetDifficulty Difficulty:int32
ShowMatchmakingPowerLevel                       -- [x] Usage: ShowMatchmakingPowerLevel
SpawnDebugQuest                                 -- [x] Usage: SpawnDebugQuest NameOfBP:str
ToggleDLC                                       -- [ ] Usage: ToggleDLC License:enum(byte)
ToggleFogOfWar                                  -- [x] Usage: ToggleFogOfWar
ToggleShowBlood                                 -- [x] Usage: ToggleShowBlood
TravelToQuest                                   -- [x] Usage: TravelToQuest QuestName:str ComponentName:str
UnlockAllEmotes                                 -- [x] Usage: UnlockAllEmotes
UnlockAllWaypoints                              -- [x] Usage: UnlockAllWaypoints
ServerStreamSwapCharacter                       -- [x] Usage: ServerStreamSwapCharacter CharacterData:arr
ServerUnlockAccountCurrency                     -- [x] Usage: ServerUnlockAccountCurrency CurrencyType:class Quantity:int32 bDoNotify:bool
ServerUnlockItemAward                           -- [x] Usage: ServerUnlockItemAward ItemAward:class bDoNotify:bool
ClientIncrementBossCounter                      -- [x] Usage: ClientIncrementBossCounter
ComputeItemLevel                                -- [x] Usage: ComputeItemLevel
ComputePowerLevel                               -- [x] Usage: ComputePowerLevel
GetPlayerInventory                              -- [x] Usage: GetPlayerInventory
Respawn                                         -- [x] Usage: Respawn StartingWaypoint:struct
SwapCharacter                                   -- [x] Usage: SwapCharacter StartingWaypoint:struct
Where you see [ ] in the above, it means the developers have not compiled the core code of the command. In short, it doesn't do anything. I've left them in for tracking purposes. Where you see [x] it means the command works. Some are more than intuitive to run, while others may require adjusting of parameters. Where you don't see any brackets is where I've not tested the stuff or can't confirm it working/not working.

Note that I've figured out how to run these commands, their parameters, however I cannot tell you "what does this do?" more than the below:

ActivateHandGun - makes the pistol your currently selected (active) weapon
ActivateLongGun - makes the rifle or w.e. you use as main weapon your currently selected (active one)
CanCraftWeaponMod - I'm assuming this sets the flag that allows you to craft Weapon Mods (may be you're not allowed to do that right from start)
CanUpgrade - no idea on this one
ClientGiveWaveEmote - it gives you some emote
DebugGiveMaterials - gives you 1000 of each resource type; the next time you run this, it will refill all but Iron-based ones to 1000, but keep adding 1000 to those Iron-based; adds to Scrap as well
DebugResourceHack - refills health, ammo, dragon hearts
GodMode 1 - you're invulnerable, can get hit, but no health is depleted; stamina is also infinite
SetUntargetable 1 - you're invisible to AI that haven't already seen you; those who've seen you will go into a reset state in 2-3s
AddExperience # - d'oh
AddScrap # - d'oh
ToggleFogOfWar - open map with M and run this; it will make all map visible; run again to restore map state

You'll have to test stuff on your own terms and provide feedback. Some may do things, some won't, for some you'll probably need to unpack the game's .pak files to determine the names of the Blueprints (BP stands for blueprint) or use ObjectsDump.txt to figure stuff out. I may update the post as I progress, but it's not a promise. The shit that's above makes it impossible to need anything else for an enjoyable experience :) Now.. were you to want something specific.. you'll have to manage on your own or find a trainer. Or use other tables.

Aside from the above some core ones still work:

- slomo val (default is 1)
- playersonly
- toggledebugcamera
- god (but it's not used in damage checks)
- teleport (you can use it along with toggledebugcamera to teleport player to camera's position)
- fly, ghost don't work, as it's a Shipping build (I might restore them, just for fun)
- summon - spawns an Actor of a certain BP type (use ObjectsDump.txt to find blueprint names)

BR,
Sun

sebastianyyz
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Remnant: From the Ashes [Engine:Unreal 4.22] - Console enabler, Dumper and more..

Post by sebastianyyz »

Thank you sunbeam

masakiandou
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by masakiandou »

[no mood to talk anything]
[Do, SAYS, WHATEVER, leave it to be like that]

EDIT : I gonna STOP activity since this day until comeback. got quaranteen by docs. you know what I MEANS.
Last edited by masakiandou on Sun May 17, 2020 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Carriva
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Carriva »

thanks you

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Second post updated with information and my cheat table :P Should prove enough to play this game nicely.

masakiandou
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by masakiandou »

EDIT : I gonna STOP activity since this day until comeback. got quaranteen by docs. you know what I MEANS.
Last edited by masakiandou on Sun May 17, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Welp, with simply using DebugGiveMaterials and AddScrap commands is enough to get everything from the shop vendors even before teleporting for the first time :D Fun times. Upgraded all items to +20 and gotten all skins as well. Easy pickings.

pino44io
Cheater
Cheater

Post by pino44io »

Thanks!

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Here's a script that does multiple things:
  • get the CurrentRangedWeapon and change the RateOfFire; ToggleActiveItem to the other weapon in the inventory and change RateOfFire; ToggleActiveItem again to get back to what your currently selected weapon - - now you have the RateOfFire 20x times higher than the default one; rapid fire
  • get GetAmmo function and parkour it through the execFunction and patch a JE in there; the check before the JE verifies if the Controller is a PlayerController or an AIController; based on the result, you get your current ammo (magazine) or 10.000; apparently the AI gets magazines with 10000 bullets; infinite ammo
  • get ApplyRecoil function and parkour it through the execFunction and patch it to a RET; no more recoil
  • get GetCurrentSpread function and parkour it through the execFunction and patch the return to 0|RET; super accuracy
  • get ConsumeAmmo function and parkour it through the execFunction and patch a JE to skip clip ammo subtraction; infinite clip ammo

Code: Select all

{$STRICT}

{$lua}

if syntaxcheck then return end

[ENABLE]

-- get PlayerCharacter
local PlayerCharacter = readQword( getAddressSafe( "PlayerCharacter" ) )
-- get InventoryComponent
local t = staticFindObjectEx( "ObjectProperty", "Remnant.RemnantCharacter", "Inventory" )
if t < 1 then stopExec( "'Inventory' ObjectProperty not found." ) end
local InventoryComponent_offset = getOffset( t )
local InventoryComponent = readQword( PlayerCharacter + InventoryComponent_offset )
-- get PrimaryWeaponType ClassProperty
t = staticFindObjectEx( "ClassProperty", "Remnant.RemnantCharacter", "PrimaryWeaponType" )
if t < 1 then stopExec( "'PrimaryWeaponType' ClassProperty not found." ) end
local PrimaryWeaponType_offset = getOffset( t )
local PrimaryWeaponType_Class = readQword( PlayerCharacter + PrimaryWeaponType_offset )
-- get GetCurrentRangedWeapon
t = staticFindObjectEx( "Function", "Remnant.RemnantCharacter", "GetCurrentRangedWeapon" )
if t < 1 then stopExec( "'GetCurrentRangedWeapon' Function not found." ) end
local execGetCurrentRangedWeapon = readQword( t + 0xC0 )
t = execGetCurrentRangedWeapon + 0x1E
local PlayerCharacter_GetCurrentRangedWeapon = t + readInteger( t + 0x1, true ) + 0x5
-- get TpggleActiveItem
local t = staticFindObjectEx( "Function", "GunfireRuntime.InventoryComponent", "ToggleActiveItem" )
if t < 1 then stopExec( "'ToggleActiveItem' Function not found." ) end
local execToggleActiveItem = readQword( t + 0xC0 )
t = execToggleActiveItem + 0x6B
local InventoryComponent_ToggleActiveItem = t + readInteger( t + 0x1, true ) + 0x5

local p = 20.0
local Weapon

for i = 1,2 do
  Weapon = executeCodeEx( 0, nil, PlayerCharacter_GetCurrentRangedWeapon, PlayerCharacter )
  print( string.format( "%X", Weapon ) )
  writeFloat( Weapon + 0x964, p ) -- change fire rate for both weapons while fast swapping them
  t = executeCodeEx( 0, nil, InventoryComponent_ToggleActiveItem, InventoryComponent, PrimaryWeaponType_Class )
end

-- patch GetAmmo so it returns 10000 by default (developers set it like that)
local t = staticFindObjectEx( "Function", "GunfireRuntime.RangedWeapon", "GetAmmo" )
if t < 1 then stopExec( "'GetAmmo' Function not found." ) end
local execGetAmmo = readQword( t + 0xC0 )
t = execGetAmmo + 0x21 + 0x2
t = readInteger( t )
t = readQword( readQword( Weapon ) + t ) -- get the member function offset
t = t + 0x10
t = string.format( "%X", t )
-- patch the JE here
local script = [[
]]..t..[[+0x1:
db 00
]]
autoAssemble(script)

-- get ApplyRecoil
local t = staticFindObjectEx( "Function", "GunfireRuntime.RangedWeapon", "ApplyRecoil" )
if t < 1 then stopExec( "'ApplyRecoil' Function not found." ) end
local execApplyRecoil = readQword( t + 0xC0 )
t = execApplyRecoil + 0x6B
t = t + readInteger( t + 0x1, true ) + 0x5
local script = [[
]]..t..[[:
xorps xmm1,xmm1
ret
]]
autoAssemble(script)

-- patch GetCurrentSpread
local t = staticFindObjectEx( "Function", "GunfireRuntime.RangedWeapon", "GetCurrentSpread" )
if t < 1 then stopExec( "'GetCurrentSpread' Function not found." ) end
local execGetAmmo = readQword( t + 0xC0 )
t = execGetAmmo + 0x21 + 0x2
t = readInteger( t )
t = readQword( readQword( Weapon ) + t ) -- get the member function offset
local script = [[
]]..t..[[:
xorps xmm0,xmm0
ret
]]
autoAssemble(script)

--patch ConsumeAmmo
local t = staticFindObjectEx( "Function", "GunfireRuntime.RangedWeapon", "ConsumeAmmo" )
if t < 1 then stopExec( "'ConsumeAmmo' Function not found." ) end
local execConsumeAmmo = readQword( t + 0xC0 )
t = execConsumeAmmo + 0x54 + 0x3
t = readInteger( t )
t = readQword( Weapon + t ) -- get the member function pointer offset
t = readQword( t + 0x8 ) -- function at 0x8 is ConsumeAmmo
t = t + 0x25 -- offset till the JE
-- patch the JE here
local script = [[
]]..t..[[:
db EB
]]
autoAssemble(script)

[DISABLE]
Copy the above, CE > Memory View, then Ctrl+A, paste the text, File > Assign to current cheat table.

Activate [ Enable ] script first, then enable the script you just added ;) Enjoy.

P.S.: Note that the changes are lost when you close the game entirely (they're not preserved in the save-game).

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

You may want to re-copy the script above, as I made one tiny change to it (the infinite clip ammo autoAssemble has been fixed to patch the proper byte).

masakiandou
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by masakiandou »

Last edited by masakiandou on Sun May 17, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Alright, so I finished the game. Was interesting, though a bit repetitive and story's crap. Not even a single dialogue with Ward 13's boss in which she'd says something like "Hey, you finally did it, bla bla".. No, she keeps saying this:

And to think she's the center character around the whole story, she's the one sending you running errands..

Then this..

What am I to think.. they're gonna use that kid in the DLC, as the new Dreamer? :) Cuz he's saying the same shit all over, even after you've defeated the Root. Then the rest of the NPCs in Ward 13 are there for props, minding their business since you arrived, saying the same shit. Even though you "saved the world".

Then.. the items.. not so fond of them. I've crafted everything possible, acquired all I could (turned every nook and cranny in all maps, hence the repetitive part - they reused some maps, gave them different names, and either changed some parts or none at all). I'm not interested in Survival mode or increasing difficulty to get higher loot, as you can probably use the summon command to obtain all that shit. Not interested in testing that either.. so yeah, am done with the game :P
masakiandou wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:51 am
can I ask something Mr. Sunbeam?. is there anyway or any command codes that can "tracked purple collectibles" or show some sort of that in current map? just curious..
Make use of the 'tools' made available to you, rather than looking for other commands. And by that I mean: toggledebugcamera, fly around the map, use Ctrl to Z-down, Space to Z-up, mouse wheel up to increase camera speed, mouse wheel down to decrease camera speed. Found something purple, teleport your player to it. Just center the floor to your screen's center, open console, teleport [Enter]. Your character should appear in front of you. Then disable camera by running again toggledebugcamera and you're done. Repeat till you find anything purple in a map. Use ToggleFogOfWar as well, if you've not unveiled the whole map.

That's all I got.

BR,
Sun

meccs
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by meccs »

Crashes for me when applying the injector.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

meccs wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:08 am
Crashes for me when applying the injector.
If you've done this at least from main menu (meaning past the videos), then I can investigate. Else, please be patient till game gets to main menu; doing it while intro plays will crash the game as the GameViewportClient UObject hasn't yet been created. Also.. please note I'm saying Steam up top, meaning the latest version. If you play some other version, whichever, then that's most likely the reason.