Elder Scrolls: Arena

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Elder Scrolls: Arena

Post by Marc »

Hi all,

another old rpg from the past 8-)

This game is running with DosBox, so it was no problem using the excellent guide from erfg12.

You can edit health, mana, experience, gold and attribute points to spend.

have fun,
Marc

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Attachments
Arena_new.CT
with automatic address finder script from mr.mgr.inz.Player
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 1275 times
Arena -The Elder Scrolls.CT
(2.45 KiB) Downloaded 859 times
Last edited by Marc on Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

lcmiracle
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: Elder Scrolls: Arena

Post by lcmiracle »

Hi, is there anything that can be done to update the table? When I run the table with steam version of arena, the values displayed are all 0s. I don't think it's finding the right mem address of this version of the game.

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

I added a different version - there's an excellent script from mgr.inz.Player, see viewtopic.php?p=129522#p129522

So use the _new version, activate the script. Then drag&drop the entries from above either to GameMemory oder VideoMemory.
If the values are correct, it is the right one :)

Next alternative is to try the pre-definded addresses in the last section of the table. But thats the last resort...

lcmiracle
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by lcmiracle »

Oh well, probably got to do with the why steam launches the game via a bat file? They've got two different version. Otherwise, it says the DOSBox version is 0.74, instead of 0.74-2.1. The script can get vidMem but not gameMem, and can locate 0.74 mem address. Neither address worked though. Thanks anyway. I'd probably just go download the version off UESP and get the right DOSBox version instead! Cheers!

KsGamer82
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by KsGamer82 »

Truly sorry for this question, but I can't make heads or tails trying to get this table to work with my computer. Is there an easy to explain way to get it to work on a Windows 11 PC? An overall step by step would be greatly appreciated, mainly with how to work the script from mgr.inz.Player if possible. Thanks to anyone who helps ease my confusion!

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

I'm using windows 11, too. Reinstalled the game via Gog Galaxy, opened the table, attached the table to the DosBox Process and the default addresses (green box) are working fine...?

Second approach is to look at the block of pre-defined Base addresses. The one withc is not pointing to 00000000 is the right one.

Third approch is of course to use the script from mr.mgr.inz.Player. With arena, the address of gameMemory does not get found, so we have to use the Video Memory address. Move all entries (hitpoints current, hitpoints max etc) below the VideoMemory. Then Edit the Video Memory and change its address to "VideoMemory-2018000" which should hopefully correct the addresses to the right values.

Chrisknighten
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Chrisknighten »

im not able to get this to open and i was kinda hoping to get some help here i can only open this on 7zip but every time i try it to extract it it says cannot open file as archive can some one shed some light on this for me

Marc
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Marc »

You must have the freeware-program "cheat engine" installed on your pc. Download the table file and open it with Cheat Engine.

See

have fun,
Marc

Chrisknighten
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Chrisknighten »

ok so i got the the thing downloaded and it accepts the the table but anytime i try to select the DOSBox file it just crashes the cheat menu I'm clearly doing something wrong her i just don't know what

princessgaladriel
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by princessgaladriel »

Hello Everyone.

I am very new at cheat engine. I read the tutorial, and I downloaded both of the tables, but for some reason, I don't think the addresses are lining up. I followed the instructions and read what people are saying and I am just confused. Can someone help me, please? I have the Dosbox version of Elder Scrolls: Arena that I got from Steam.

Mac2mnster
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Mac2mnster »

princessgaladriel wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:13 pm
Hello Everyone.

I am very new at cheat engine. I read the tutorial, and I downloaded both of the tables, but for some reason, I don't think the addresses are lining up. I followed the instructions and read what people are saying and I am just confused. Can someone help me, please? I have the Dosbox version of Elder Scrolls: Arena that I got from Steam.
Sorry if this is considered a necro. To get the Steam version to work, you'll need to do the following:

- Run the game via Steam and load up a saved game.
- Run CE
- Select the "DOSBox 0.74, Cpu...." Process in your list.
- Load the "Arena_new.Ct" file

The "Membase" being used by default on this CT is for DOSBox version "0.74-2.1"; which is the version that GOG.com uses. You'll need to move them to the "Membase of DosBox 0.74" (Steam) version manually; it's under the "Pre-Defined Base Addresses..." section:

- Select "Hitpoints Current" and hold "Shift" then press the down arrow until the "Skill Points to distribute" entry.
- Click and drag the mouse from "Skill Points to distribute" (it should have the darker bar) to the "Membase of DosBox 0.74" entry. --> Make sure, when you're dragging with the mouse, that the black line is going through the middle of the "4" in "0.74". The memory address for it should not be visible as the black line should replace it.

If you did it right, all of those cheats should now be under the "0.74" version and all of the values should now populate, as long as you have a character loaded.