Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
chaosblade02
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Post by chaosblade02 »

furiousfist wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:55 am
im seconding the request for factor modification or a way to keep used up equipment on synthesis attempts ("no item decrease" doesnt seem to work for this). Im losing my mind trying to find certain factors normally.
Yeah, synthesis is at least 5x more time consuming in this game than in SO3 or SO4. It's just terrible. I've more or less put the game on hold until there's some options to make this less of a headache, but chances are most people haven't progressed that far into the game yet, so I could see why it isn't a top priority.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

chaosblade02 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:04 am
furiousfist wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:55 am
im seconding the request for factor modification or a way to keep used up equipment on synthesis attempts ("no item decrease" doesnt seem to work for this). Im losing my mind trying to find certain factors normally.
Yeah, synthesis is at least 5x more time consuming in this game than in SO3 or SO4. It's just terrible. I've more or less put the game on hold until there's some options to make this less of a headache, but chances are most people haven't progressed that far into the game yet, so I could see why it isn't a top priority.
Part of the reason I haven't worked on this is because I have only gotten a few hours into the game. I just recruited the 4th character and unlocked IC. I don't even know what any of this is yet. Give me time.

talimity
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by talimity »

Here's a table with a script that unlocks Chaos difficulty. Feel free to merge it into your own if you'd like, asmor.

It also exposes the multipliers used for the current difficulty, so you can do things like use the enemy ATK multipler from Chaos with the HP modifier from Universe (if, for example, you wanted to make monsters hit harder but don't like HP sponges). It's a bit finicky since the game only applies the multiplier to enemies when you close the menu after changing the difficulty, so you have to Open the menu >> Change difficulty setting >> Overwrite multipliers to whatever you want >> Close the menu. It should then persist for as long as the game is open.

I'm very new to reversing so this was a pain to figure out and it'll only work with the day 1 launch version of the game. Freezing/overriding the difficulty values set via the menu doesn't work so I had to find the function that checks whether or not the game has been cleared and override it with one that always returns true. The function I replaced seemed to only ever be called before doing something related to the difficulty UI or settings shit, so it shouldn't have any other unintended effects. Easiest way to find it again in the future would be to search for x-refs to the string "SYS_DIFFICULTY_04" (there are only two) and look for a call immediately after that... it should be the function checking to see whether the game is cleared from some EventCutsceneManager class.
Attachments
SO6 1.0.0 Unlock Chaos Difficulty.CT
(4.66 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

talimity wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:13 pm
Here's a table with a script that unlocks Chaos difficulty. Feel free to merge it into your own if you'd like, asmor.

It also exposes the multipliers used for the current difficulty, so you can do things like use the enemy ATK multipler from Chaos with the HP modifier from Universe (if, for example, you wanted to make monsters hit harder but don't like HP sponges). It's a bit finicky since the game only applies the multiplier to enemies when you close the menu after changing the difficulty, so you have to Open the menu >> Change difficulty setting >> Overwrite multipliers to whatever you want >> Close the menu. It should then persist for the rest of the game.

I'm very new to reversing so this was a pain to figure out and it'll only work with the day 1 launch version of the game. Freezing/overriding the difficulty values set via the menu doesn't work so I had to find the function that checks whether or not the game has been cleared and override it with one that always returns true. The function I replaced seemed to only ever be called before doing something related to the difficulty UI or settings shit, so it shouldn't have any other unintended effects. Easiest way to find it again in the future would be to search for x-refs to the string "SYS_DIFFICULTY_04" (there are only two) and look for a call immediately after that... it should be the function checking to see whether the game is cleared from some EventCutsceneManager class.
Thank you very much. I've taken the liberty of developing a new script that should be resistant to changes. Instead of skipping the method, I've altered the method itself. Just before returning, it sets the desired value.

I've credited you with locating the appropriate method, and included your commented code as a reference. You did most of the legwork and I just made a simple change.

Should be posted shortly.

Edit: I've also moved the Faster Scan option out of testing. This is the only scan option atm that doesn't produce any bugs as far as I can tell. Always Scan is still safe, but I've noticed that in some instances, it does not disable during combat. I'm happy with it's current state at the moment given how much time it took to get it at this point, so don't be afraid to use it if you want. I'll look at it again after tackling other things.

kloze
Cheater
Cheater

Post by kloze »

pointers i'm using.
  • Pointer (Party Member)
    • SP
    • HP +
    • ATK +
    • INT +
    • DEF +
    • GUTS +
*Reserve members need to be changed.
Attachments
SO6_Kloze_v1.01.CT
(9.08 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

Asuma
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Asuma »

Is it possible to mod factors for equipment?

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

Asuma wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:54 am
Is it possible to mod factors for equipment?
viewtopic.php?p=273362#p273362

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

I haven't bothered with it yet because I need to figure out how items stack in the inventory before I really try it and I am busy this week. I'll try and test for item pointers next week though.

Tuuuup!
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Tuuuup! »

Here is part of my table and asmoranomar can use it.

inf HP
inf AP
inf VA
inf Vatting
inf Free VA jumps
inf Food turns
instant hack gauge full
inf Hack gauge
XP multiplier (shows correct XP in battle reward)
FOL multiplier (shows correct FOL in battle reward)
DP pick up multiplier
Easy/Ohk
Hit/combo multiplier (for easy item/accessorie drop activation)
Current played character pointers (Thanks Kloze for the % offsets)
+ more

v2: Added more offsets for Character, Earth,Wind etc.
v2.5: Added Player speed/movement multiplier.

Have fun.
Attachments
SO6-v2.5.CT
(145.04 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
SO6-v2.CT
(138.8 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
SO6.CT
(132.37 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Last edited by Tuuuup! on Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

Tuuuup! wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:05 am
Thank you very much. I've added and updated what I could to the main table. Made some changes, but nothing too drastic. Most of the pointers are in the testing section, as they can break. Let me know if I missed anything.

I can't test some of these just yet. I trust that they work fine though. I hope I can count on you if anyone needs help with them.

Just give me a second to review everything, update the post and should be good to go.

Edit:
Devs: In regards to the stat pointers that can't be changed. I've done some very brief work in that area when messing around with other things. If I recall correctly, I think there are some base actor values that can be modified. Not sure how the 'current' values are even used, but it should make sense that current values aren't saved to file and are always generated fresh. That being said, I'm not sure if 'base' values stick either, since I didn't test. There might even be a need to go back further (level chart? scaling? etc?)

Tuuuup!
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Tuuuup! »

asmoranomar wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:20 pm
.. There might even be a need to go back further (level chart? scaling? etc?)
Check my Current player script, those last offsets values you can manipulate the base values and they stick after save/restart pc etc, for now! (still testing)

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

Tuuuup! wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:30 pm
asmoranomar wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:20 pm
.. There might even be a need to go back further (level chart? scaling? etc?)
Check my Current player script, those last offsets values you can manipulate the base values and they stick after save/restart pc etc, for now! (still testing)
Yeah, I noticed that. But those appear to be the total stat bonuses from the skill tree. Which isn't bad, and enough has been mapped out to make scripts for them now. But they aren't base stats, a level table, or the like.

One of the reasons why pointers are good is cause we can use them to map out data structures within the game. Find a good starting point, and a few solid pointers, and a array/table starts to form. We expose hidden data we wouldn't have known to look for. And from there we can lua script out the entire thing to expose everything horizontally and vertically.

The process I just described looks like it could work for the skill tree, which again, is great. But I was more or less referring to a characters base values, maybe with some hidden attributes we don't know about (luck? crit rate?, etc)

Edit: Another good example of this is the chaos difficulty pointers talimity discovered (I should add them to the table too). I'm not sure at which point he found the pointers (did he find how to unlock chaos first, or did he find the pointers first?) - but if he found the pointers first then technically we could have made any game chaos without having to actually set it in the menu. And now we can create a chaos+ difficulty. Or an extra easy earth mode. Or a combination between extra easy earth mode and chaos+ modes.

jeremyrem
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by jeremyrem »

Would love a inventory editor / Item Changer

Having a heck of a hard time trying to get those tattered cloths armor

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

jeremyrem wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:56 pm
Would love a inventory editor / Item Changer

Having a heck of a hard time trying to get those tattered cloths armor
We are working on it. This falls under the various pointers section. We need to identify where and how items are stored first, unless something else reveals itself that we can work on.

chaosblade02
Cheater
Cheater

Post by chaosblade02 »

asmoranomar wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:52 am
Part of the reason I haven't worked on this is because I have only gotten a few hours into the game. I just recruited the 4th character and unlocked IC. I don't even know what any of this is yet. Give me time.
No rush mate, take your time, and thanks for the table.