Starfield [Engine:Creation 2]

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Re: Starfield [Engine:Creation 2]

Post by SunBeam »

I didn't think it was necessary, but since this is happening more and more, and from mostly people with 1 post who never stick around to understand the history of this forum and its users.. know that I will NEVER approve posting my stuff on Nexus.

I had an account there, I fixed an old tool for Valhalla, made it into a table, then 200 posts later of "Cheat Engine is a virus" and "you work for Dark Byte", I took it down and deleted my account. The degree of toxicity and lack of education on that site is immense. It's close to the toxicity on Reddit, but on Nexus people are making a name for themselves with other people's work. And all of this to get Nexus points which value squat. In my book, that's theft. No matter how you justify it, that you wanted to help others, spread awareness, etc.. if you don't ask for explicit permission, it's theft. And posting "credits to X" does not represent asking for permission.

I am aware someone asked if they could post the bypass for achievements proxy DLL on Nexus and STN intervened. It's a good thing they asked for permission, applause for the bravery and doing the right thing. However, due to my opinion about Nexus and the fact that my work is FRF exclusive, I will politely decline every request to post my work on Nexus. You are allowed, like STN said, to post links to this topic anywhere you so choose to. Just don't post the files or reproduce my information (don't copy-paste the first post...).

The topic has been amended with the big red text I always put up for my tables. Didn't think I needed to, but heh...

P.S.: The other proxy dll variant using ASI loader is available here (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25678), I have contacted the author to amend his tool ([Link]). And his version is already posted on Nexus, so use that instead, to the extent of its capabilities.

Boubasmith
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Boubasmith »

Hello.

Thanks for your work!!
Do i have to just place your file or it must replace an other *.dll ?

I ask that because i have a gamepass version and i don't have file names dxgi.dll.

Thank you again!

Goodbye

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Place it in game folder. There's nothing to replace.

Zanzer
RCE Fanatics
RCE Fanatics

Post by Zanzer »

What did you use to dump all the RTTI names and then assemble them into a PDB?

kiefz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kiefz »

Hmm only works if I call the file dxgi.dll.

If I use dinput8.dll, the game fails to load.

If I use XInput_1_4.dll, the game loads fine, but it doesn't grant any achievements when I go to test by leveling up.

Steam
Windows 10 x64

Unfortunately, I need the current dxgi.dll I have to enable the DLSS fix from puredark over on nexus.

To be clear, I'm not posting looking for a fix, just sharing my experience. Will mess around with it some more or wait for another solution, no rush for console for me anyways.

jonaaa
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by jonaaa »

kiefz wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:43 pm

If I use XInput_1_4.dll, the game loads fine, but it doesn't grant any achievements when I go to test by leveling up.

Steam
Windows 10 x64

Unfortunately, I need the current dxgi.dll I have to enable the DLSS fix from puredark over on nexus.

To be clear, I'm not posting looking for a fix, just sharing my experience. Will mess around with it some more or wait for another solution, no rush for console for me anyways.
If you don't have any rush, use the Proxy DLL, use the commands you're interested, save the game, delete the DLL, use the DLSS one, done.

kiefz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kiefz »

jonaaa wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:50 pm
If you don't have any rush, use the Proxy DLL, use the commands you're interested, save the game, delete the DLL, use the DLSS one, done.
Hah yeah I have done basically that, switching the DLLs back and forth and deleting my test achievement with SAM so I could retrigger it, I just wanted to have the option handy.

I will keep this in mind for the future though if I get sick enough of encumbrance or something.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

kiefz wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:43 pm

Steam
Windows 10 x64

I don't know how that Nexus' guy's mod works, don't really care. But you can try to inject it with Cheat Engine (as long as it doesn't need to start right away). Open CE > File > Open Process > Starfield.exe. Then Memory View > Tools > Inject DLL and select your modded DLL from Nexus. Click No on the pop-up. See if it works. If not, then that's that.

kiefz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by kiefz »

SunBeam wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:03 pm

I don't know how that Nexus' guy's mod works, don't really care. But you can try to inject it with Cheat Engine (as long as it doesn't need to start right away). Open CE > File > Open Process > Starfield.exe. Then Memory View > Tools > Inject DLL and select your modded DLL from Nexus. Click No on the pop-up. See if it works. If not, then that's that.
Like I said, not looking for a fix but of course still appreciate the feedback :) What you have done works perfectly and it still a much better method than this ASI mod over on nexus which doesn't actually stop the saves from being flagged as modded. And of course there is the workaround we just discussed above - use console commands with your DLL, exit, swap out the nexus DLL and start up again to continue to use DLSS. If I need to hammer out console commands constantly instead of in batches then that's my problem.

But I'll give this a shot when get the urge to tweak things again - for now, just going to play and enjoy the game for a bit :)

Squalor
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Squalor »

Hey SunBeam. Thanks for the achievement enabler. I currently have PureDark's FG enabler as a dxgi.dll file because I play with a controller.

Is there a way to get your dll to work in conjunction with their's or should I just enable your dll first, then remove it once I flag my save as unmodded?

Edit: Helps if I read through a topic before I post it. I'll try the CE injection first.

Edit2: I'll have you know, I'm somewhat of an idiot myself. I just renamed it to dinput8.dll.

Xathian
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Xathian »

Squalor wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:09 pm
Hey SunBeam. Thanks for the achievement enabler. I currently have PureDark's FG enabler as a dxgi.dll file because I play with a controller.

Is there a way to get your dll to work in conjunction with their's or should I just enable your dll first, then remove it once I flag my save as unmodded?

Edit: Helps if I read through a topic before I post it. I'll try the CE injection first.

Edit2: I'll have you know, I'm somewhat of an idiot myself. I just renamed it to dinput8.dll.
So renaming the enabler to dinput8.dll worked for you? Because the user above reported it caused the game to not launch

Squalor
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Squalor »

Xathian wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:31 pm

So renaming the enabler to dinput8.dll worked for you? Because the user above reported it caused the game to not launch
It's loading, and my saves look like they lost the modded tag. Not sure if I'll get any achievements until I get it so we'll see.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I did explain that renaming to the various DLL names and that working is also dependent on the OS you're on. For me, on Windows 10 x64, both dxgi and dinput8 names work with no issues.

Here's the DLL without proxying.

StarfieldAB.zip
Password: sunbeam
(226.16 KiB) Downloaded 1200 times

Extract ZIP content to any folder you want on disk (e.g.: to your Desktop) and run IGCSInjector.exe as Administrator, AFTER starting the game. Preferably be at main menu. It will inject StarfieldAB.dll into the game, which is doing identically what the proxy DLL does.

Yes, you will have to do it every time you start the game if you want to cheat with the console and keep save-game unmodded/achievements enabled. If you don't wanna cheat, then you don't need to inject it.

Best regards,
Sun

khuong
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by khuong »

SunBeam wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:37 pm
I did explain that renaming to the various DLL names and that working is also dependent on the OS you're on. For me, on Windows 10 x64, both dxgi and dinput8 names work with no issues.

Here's the DLL without proxying.

StarfieldAB.zip

Extract ZIP content to any folder you want on disk (e.g.: to your Desktop) and run IGCSInjector.exe as Administrator, AFTER starting the game. Preferably be at main menu. It will inject StarfieldAB.dll into the game, which is doing identically what the proxy DLL does.

Yes, you will have to do it every time you start the game if you want to cheat with the console and keep save-game unmodded/achievements enabled. If you don't wanna cheat, then you don't need to inject it.

Best regards,
Sun
LOL the hand holding, thank you for this -- any reason you don't attach source like ya normally do?

Rennie-Boy
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Rennie-Boy »

I'll be honest I have came here from Nexus after helping people there with the achievement enabler mod. I originally dismissed your mod due to the long OP as I thought there was more complicated steps to follow rather than a simple drag and drop of the .dll file into the game root folder. After giving your post the time and reading it properly I'm glad I have as it works a charm in all aspects, even if removing it your saves still show as not "modded" which the Nexus mod doesn't do. Thanks so much for this! Hopefully it won't become obsolete after updates since you won't be keeping it up to date.

For those having issues using this mod along side ReShade I did the below which worked for me on Windows 11:
- Rename the dxgi.dll installed by ReShade to D3D12.dll
- Place the dxgi.dll from this mod in your root game folder
- Play the game. Now you should hopefully have the mod working along with ReShade