Starfield [Engine:Creation 2]

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
Jammy_Twin
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Starfield [Engine:Creation 2]

Post by Jammy_Twin »

Anyone know if the injector still works for the Gamepass version?

I've been unable to check.

M4YON
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by M4YON »

radioheadwires wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:26 pm
Hi, I used the gamepass version of the injector and instead of stripping the [modded] status of my save it completely deleted it and now I can't get it back. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the save still doesn't show up. Any idea on why this happened and how to fix it? I'd really like to not lose 12 hours of progress
Your game should have been backed up to the xbox cloud. Should have synced when you reloaded it.

radioheadwires
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by radioheadwires »

M4YON wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:17 pm
radioheadwires wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:26 pm
Hi, I used the gamepass version of the injector and instead of stripping the [modded] status of my save it completely deleted it and now I can't get it back. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the save still doesn't show up. Any idea on why this happened and how to fix it? I'd really like to not lose 12 hours of progress
Your game should have been backed up to the xbox cloud. Should have synced when you reloaded it.
It wasn't for some reason :( reloaded the game many times, reinstalled it, nothing

shifted_focus
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by shifted_focus »

hey sunbeam (or anyone that has been able to confirm so far),

does the .dll need to be changed with each update? I have just downloaded the file for the first time and with the recent SF patch it seems to be working alright (no pop-up on console), but I haven't gotten far enough to tell for sure. Can anyone confirm the .dll still works fully after the update??

I've already completed the game and can't really achievement test yet on my new character

strange decision by bethesda for this issue in the first place, but really glad to see a mod-less fix exists.

edit: seems to be working just fine. toggled god mode and hard saved with no modded tag. still cant really achievement test but so far so good.

thanks legend
Last edited by shifted_focus on Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M4YON
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by M4YON »

SunBeam wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:41 pm
Once the game updates, I won't be posting updated files. Makes no sense to me. To be used only for reverse engineering purposes or by people who actually have a good understanding of debugging/assembly.
Whilst we all would like updated files simply because the work done by Sun is very well done and we know how well it works flawlessly he has already said he won't be updating them.

You'll likely have to search Nexus or Github projects to find a new. Dll file OR those with the knowhow can create one themselves hence why Sun posted a full breakdown in the OP.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

shifted_focus wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:07 pm
If it didn't work, you would see a message that some requisites were not found and to contact me. But it's not the case, as the updated exe is hardly containing any serious changes. It was more a cosmetic update, related to GPU/driver issues rather than game ones.
M4YON wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:30 pm
There won't be any need to do so.

What I meant with "I won't post updates" was related to the exe/pdb pairs. To build the pdb I need to use the updated exe, then IDA, then wait 4 hours for IDA analysis to finish, then run some plugins, etc. -- and lastly dump the new pdb that matches the new exe.

Since all of this has nothing to do with the DLL, why are we debating this? o_O Focus, please. It's also written "exe/pdb [...] to be used only for reverse engineering purposes". See any DLL mention in there? I don't.

m01s33nk0
Cheater
Cheater

Post by m01s33nk0 »

Hamjam wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:02 pm
My 72 hour save file got flagged as modded, and swapping to an earlier "Clean" save, losing 24 hours of game time, resulted in it being flagged as modded as soon as it saved.
Starting a new game had it marked as modded instantly. I've not touched mods or the console.
This little file from Sunbeam has thus far fixed it. So thank you. Thank you a bunch.
how did you check your save isn't modded for now (after dxgi.dll)? dxgi.dll is working now with latest gamepass update for the game and it's cool...

coldfootedmole
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by coldfootedmole »

Not sure what im doing wrong but when i drop the dxgi into the folder and launch the game, it still tells me the game is modded and when i save again i now get a (modded) character when i hit select character in the load screen
I do have ESP mods installed, is that maybe why?

schoolofmonkey
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by schoolofmonkey »

coldfootedmole wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:38 am
I do have ESP mods installed, is that maybe why?
Yep that's the reason, I had the same ;)

Djossi09
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Djossi09 »

WOW :D What an incredible feat you have accomplished here, Sun! It's obvious that you've gone to great lengths to provide this valuable resource to the community. Your commitment to improving the gaming experience is commendable.

I just want to express my sincere gratitude for your generosity in sharing this knowledge exclusively with us 🙏

Garmberos
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Garmberos »

Hey There, ive got my 120h save where i once used a tcl-command to unstuck myself a few dozen hours ago and realized that i didnt get any achievemts since, wich brought me here after any achievement-enabler mods on nexus didnt work. so i tried this now and still, following your instructions with placing the ddl in the rootfolder and starting the game, and also the other option, (after getting rid of the ddl ofc) starting the game and using the injector, sadly has not given me any achievements. ive got a save right in front of a achievment-producing dialogue and no matter how many times i try either variant, i never get anything. the only thing that works is that im not getting a message anymore when i open the console, as many say thats how i see it worked, but i just cant seem to rescue my save...

i place big value in achievements and i would have absolutely no motivation to continue playing if i cant save this, so is there anything other that i can try? anything that comes to mind that could throw a stick into the spokes of this solution?

Hamjam
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Hamjam »

m01s33nk0 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:25 am

how did you check your save isn't modded for now (after dxgi.dll)? dxgi.dll is working now with latest gamepass update for the game and it's cool...
I just looked at the different character saves, none of them say modded and I'm still getting achievements. I've not done anything since using this little file.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Aside from getting achievements or not, what's the deal with the save-game saying modded or not? As long as you have the DLL, you don't need to worry about that T_T You're reading here and there what others say and take it as some sort of rule, when in reality, the DLL is bypassing everything as you play the game. The fact that a save-game is modded matters only for gaining achievements WHEN NOT USING THE DLL. And I wrote specifically in main post, in bold text that you need to TRIGGER A SAVE while using the DLL to clear the modded mark-up. If you didn't save the game manually, then keep complaining.

Digi
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Digi »

kudos my guy, works perfectly.
used it to get the commitment achievement which was bugged.

ljhr85
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ljhr85 »

Hi

Has anybody got this working on steam deck. I tried the first DLL file and dropped it in the Starfield directory and I couldn't get it to pop

Thanks in advance