Nightingale (Steam)

Add topics here with methods, analysis, code snippets, mods etc. for a certain game that normally won't make it in the Tables or Requests sections.
Zephyrusiac
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Nightingale (Steam)

Post by Zephyrusiac »

man, if only I could get ue4ss to work, as you can edit objects and properties in any unreal engine game using it, and maybe make a proper ce table using the dumps and offsets it provides. Would also enable cheatmanager and the console, if only the game didn't crash immediately..

NootingtonTheThird
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by NootingtonTheThird »

Zephyrusiac wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:19 pm
man, if only I could get ue4ss to work, as you can edit objects and properties in any unreal engine game using it, and maybe make a proper ce table using the dumps and offsets it provides. Would also enable cheatmanager and the console, if only the game didn't crash immediately..
they removed the recipes that allowed for stat stacking materials, so UE4ss would likely allow for you to modify those attributes and continue creating overpowered materials.
tbf this is likely possible with just memory editing and dissecting data structures but I've not had any luck with this

Zephyrusiac
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Zephyrusiac »

NootingtonTheThird wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 pm
Zephyrusiac wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:19 pm
they removed the recipes that allowed for stat stacking materials, so UE4ss would likely allow for you to modify those attributes and continue creating overpowered materials.
tbf this is likely possible with just memory editing and dissecting data structures but I've not had any luck with this
Dumping the game is possible with [Link] and then you can easily view the offsets via the dumpspace jsons, so try that and you could probably dissect structures without issue. I just don't have the knowhow to apply that to CE myself, that's why something like ue4ss would be cool for me, if it worked.

haddixxx
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by haddixxx »

If anyone used this before the March 19th patch and has a lot of essence T1/2/3 and wouldn't mind handing some out, let me know lol.

mrt42
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by mrt42 »

Prior to this patch, people could easily change stack values, but there were some exploits with feeding materials into their related crafting tables while a realm card was doubling materials generated. The result was the new material would have double the stats they would provide to gear made with them, although the material didn't list this change. I didn't take advantage of this, but if you've been to the Vault, people were one-shotting Sun Giants for speed runs.

Since the March 19th update, they've fixed the exploit, and are currently looking at ways of fixing people's overpowered weapons. You can still find people toting one-shot rifles in Vault parties, but their days may be numbered, before the devs find a way to restrict stat values on existing gear. Additionally, the tried-and-true method of using Cheat Engine to modify stack values is borked. Something is recording the original inventory value, and only sanctioned events like looting or crafting can add to your inventory.

I am a complete novice to Cheat Engine and this whole process. If the above doesn't make sense, or what I write below, that's why. I tried keeping a search going for my T3 essence stack, reducing and picking back up essence, and isolating any addresses keeping the total from when I logged into a realm. I jumped to a new realm and repeated the process. I added those addresses, and tried again with the original method to also isolate addresses holding what my current inventory values are. I tried changing all found addresses from both searches to what I wanted, jumped to a new realm, and the game crashed... I don't know how, but they are keeping another value hidden client-side, and only counting legitimate changes to these values.

They seem to want the features of a game like Valheim, where people can party up and explore together, but also a few hubs and dungeons like No Man's Sky, and they're making a lot more of an effort than the later to ensure people aren't cheating and ruining others' experiences. In NMS, you can freely change your material stacks all you want, no tamper protections whatsoever. I can understand how they don't want people blowing away bosses in one hit, but now wanting to skip running the Vault like 50 times to get all the T3 recipes is impossible too.

Jackalguardian
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Jackalguardian »

anyone willing to give me some good weapons and essence. Willing to purchase as cant cheat anymore it looks like

mrt42
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by mrt42 »

I have a strong suspicion, because of their response to player asking for less server dependency when playing alone (they said they had a different vision for how the game would be built and that's changed), that they wouldn't develop a solution that relies on anything server-side to preserve inventory values. Most of the negative reviews complain about how much online-dependency there is, people have lost their data between some of these updates. I doubt they want to fiddle with server/player-file relationships more than they need to.

Someone with a lot of experience with making tables is going to have to dig through how they're encrypting or disguising a backup value of our inventories. A true server-side solution would be way too sudden and costly for them to maintain, they would not want to manage packet traffic like a MMO, and certainly not when they need to focus on actually working on content updates before players completely lose interest. Whatever they did, it has to be a client-side protection.

Jackalguardian
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Jackalguardian »

New Update, some major changes. Has anyone tested anything to see if they reversed some stuff

Relentless1
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Relentless1 »

Any news on this?

ardaallus
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ardaallus »

Jackalguardian wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:09 pm
New Update, some major changes. Has anyone tested anything to see if they reversed some stuff
Still doesnt work with previous tables...