Upload *YOUR* gamehacking tools/helpers here
nhoxsahaki
Cheater
Cheater

Re: hogwarts legacy ps5 content unlocker

Post by nhoxsahaki »

nashchelsy wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:06 pm
Also for the PS5 content, I have read that you need to start a new save to access it. But it is also possible that you may get the PS5 quest still if you haven't progressed to the point at which you get it. I checked my potion recipes and Felix Felicis was listed. But I haven't progressed to where you would get the PS5 quest as of yet.

[Link]

To access the PlayStation-exclusive Hogwarts Legacy quest, “Haunted Hogsmeade Shop,” you’ll need to first progress in the story. We noticed the quest becoming available roughly 3/4 of the way through the campaign when the season changed to Winter, though it’s possibly available earlier than this. Keep checking Hogsmeade (marked below). You don’t have to go to Hogsmeade to check physically; all you have to do is look at the map to see if the icon is there. It will eventually become available after a certain point in the story.

[Link]

You won't get access to the Hogwarts Legacy PlayStation Exclusive quest until after you've finished the second trial - Charles Rookwood's Trial.
I got the potion but ps5 didn't show I already done second trial and its winter

nashchelsy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by nashchelsy »

Two things:
Do you have the Haunted Hogsmeade Shop Quest (PS5 exclusive) listed at the game main menu under Additional Content?
[Link]

And

Is any of this present:
[Link]

You won't get access to the Hogwarts Legacy PlayStation Exclusive quest until after you've finished the second trial - Charles Rookwood's Trial.

After this, you can head to Hogsmeade and look out for a mission marker here:

The mission itself is called "Minding Your Own Business". It starts will speaking to a house elf called Poppy who's sweeping outside an abandoned shop.

MikiTheOA
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MikiTheOA »

I also managed to get a winter and there is no Minding Your Own Business quest in Hogsmeade. I have every PS content in the game - cosmetics, Felix potion, even this Haunted Quest is showing as a "owned". I put this modification when before the second trial (autumn) and now I managed to finish this second trial and my game changed into the winter. Do I need to progress to some main quests (in winter) to activate this haunted quest?

PittePat
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by PittePat »

thanks a lot for sharing

works great!

nashchelsy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by nashchelsy »

Not 100% sure.
But I would say that if you finished the second trial - Charles Rookwood's Trial, and its winter, and the quest isn't present:
Then the quest may only be present if you have started a new game/made a new character since you have setup and confirmed the DLC under the Additional Content menu.

Only way to test is to start a new character and play through to that point.

The quest being avaiable/unavaiable may be a toggle in the save file. I think i recall reading somewhere that someone gave directions with a hex editor to modify that flag in an existing save file.

[Link]

[Link]

AstroArt
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by AstroArt »

How does this work if I already have the deluxe version and all twitch drops? I only want the PS5 quest, thanks 😅

gabematz
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by gabematz »

Tips:

- Make sure to edit the .ini file, putting a ";" at the start of line 10 ("unlockall = true"), or change it to false.

- Ignore the step 1 of the readme file, the CreamAPI file is already in the downloaded zip.

- You can change the names in the .ini file (below "[dlc]") to be more descriptive, like this:

1880830 = Onyx Hippogriff (Pre-Order)
1880831 = Astronomer's Hat (Amazon)
1880832 = Dark Arts Pack: Thestral, Cosmetic Set (6), Arena (Deluxe)
1880833 = Kelpie Robe (Collector)
1880834 = Felix Felicis (PS5 Pre-Order)
1880835 = Haunted Hogsmead Shop Quest (PS5)
1880837 = Dark Arts Garrison Hat (Deluxe)
;1880836 = Beaked Skull Mask (Fan Account)
;1880838 = House Fanatic School Robe (Fan Account)
;1880839 = Twitch Loot Robe
;1880840 = Twitch Loot
;1880841 = Twitch Loot
;1880842 = Twitch Loot
;1880843 = Twitch Loot

The last 7 items are disabled (with a ";" at the start of each line) because they are not considered DLC, so if you have already collected them (like I did, by linking the fan club account and watching the twitch streams), you don't need to enable them.

nashchelsy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by nashchelsy »

AstroArt wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:01 am
How does this work if I already have the deluxe version and all twitch drops? I only want the PS5 quest, thanks 😅
You still want to make sure you use it as is and add all the DLC codes. Because if a DLC isn't defined in the .ini file, it won't be unlocked. This is because Cream_API takes the place of normal steam DLC verification.

PolluxTroy0
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by PolluxTroy0 »

Does this unlock the ps5 exclusive quest too ?
I've read some players don't have the quest unlocked, even after reaching the part of the story to unlock it.

nashchelsy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by nashchelsy »

PolluxTroy0 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:47 am
Does this unlock the ps5 exclusive quest too ?
I've read some players don't have the quest unlocked, even after reaching the part of the story to unlock it.
nashchelsy wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:55 am
Not 100% sure.
But I would say that if you finished the second trial - Charles Rookwood's Trial, and its winter, and the quest isn't present:
Then the quest may only be present if you have started a new game/made a new character since you have setup and confirmed the DLC under the Additional Content menu.

Only way to test is to start a new character and play through to that point.

The quest being avaiable/unavaiable may be a toggle in the save file. I think i recall reading somewhere that someone gave directions with a hex editor to modify that flag in an existing save file.

[Link]

[Link]

WicCaesar
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by WicCaesar »

nashchelsy wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:57 pm
Info for everyone having problems:
Thanks for the compilation. I enabled them yesterday, then I thought I could remove the files, but the DLC were gone as well. :oops: So I have to always have this on? Does it interfere with Steam stuff, achievements? Do you know how does it work exactly, behind the curtain?

nashchelsy
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by nashchelsy »

If you remove it, you need to make sure you change the name of steam_api64_o.dll back to steam_api64.dll. Not delete it as it is your original .dll file.

I am not sure if it interferes with achievements.

It is basically intercepting the DLC verification between The Game and Steam and tells the game you have the DLC specified in the .ini

mareany
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by mareany »

Im at brewing potions now and was able to make the felix felicis potion, so the rest should work too!

mareany
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by mareany »

WicCaesar wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:51 am
nashchelsy wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:57 pm
Info for everyone having problems:
Thanks for the compilation. I enabled them yesterday, then I thought I could remove the files, but the DLC were gone as well. :oops: So I have to always have this on? Does it interfere with Steam stuff, achievements? Do you know how does it work exactly, behind the curtain?
i dont have any problems with the achievements. been using it and still got the achievements.

WicCaesar
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by WicCaesar »

mareany wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:57 am
i dont have any problems with the achievements. been using it and still got the achievements.
Nice to know! Thanks.