Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
jhl1989
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [COMPLETED] Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Post by jhl1989 »

kighte wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:18 am
I didn't see anyone post anything about items yet, so here's something I've been doing after fiddling with the player file using the save editing method.

I was trying to figure out how to duplicate items but that seems tedious when looking at items that are equipped to characters or in inventories because they may have many flags that you don't want to disturb.

However, there's a way to simplify how the game sees items because of the vendor list:

1) Find the item you want to duplicate.
2) Sell the item to a vendor from whom you know it will be easy to identify the item in a list of their quantities. For example, Jhod has mostly huge quantities of items for sale, so if you sell a single item to him, adding it to his list, it will look suspect. You can simplify this further by making sure he is only selling items with quantities greater than 1 by buying up those items before doing the rest of this.
3) Extract the save file and open up player.zks.
4) Scroll down to the vendor list (you can ctrl-F "vendor") and look for the vendor you sold the item to based on the quantities of items sold. If you sold it to Jhod like I advised, it will be relatively easy because he shows up earlier in the lists and his list is obvious because he sells tons of 99 stack items unless you for some reason bought them all.
5) Identify the item you sold to him. Again, if you followed step 2's extra advice Jhod will only have 1 1-quantity item in that list.
6) Edit the quantity for that entry to whatever you want and save the file.
7) Archive the save back into a .zks and reopen it like the original poster has explained. When you open up Jhod's inventory he should now be selling that item with the edited quantity.
8) Buy back as much of the item as you wanted. If you're already editing like this, you can edit your gold to make this trivial.

In theory, the "Item" or "Key" field in the Vendor list matches the main m_blueprint field in inventories. For example, my Longsword+1 seems to appear a few times across different characters as "03d706655c07d804cb9d5a5583f9aec5" if I'm not getting my saves mixed up. Potentially this means that, if people showed their item fields for rare items, rare items could then be safely inserted into other people's games by using this exploit. For example, I changed that Longsword+1 I sold to Jhod's Item field in the vendor list to "ebea3139c4649e7459079d424c89e561", a Cold Iron Dagger+1, from a different save file and when I reopened the vendor, I saw that he was indeed selling a Cold Iron Dagger+1 in place of that sword I originally gave him. If anyone has any really good items they would like to share, it might be useful to compile them. I'm not so far ahead in the story so the items I have are a bit boring.

Here's some stuff I have so far:

"91bf657f26eb80f4ba05b0b8440b1e8c" Chain Shirt+1
"4aea6773c1da01c42bd382c1b7c384bc" Cloak of Resistance+1
"e4925df9c7ab2714793cd5834e0a3039" Greatsword+1
Can you post some step by step images? I’m trying to buy several short spears but this is my first time looking at code. I tried selling one but Im not sure what too look for under vendor

TimFun13
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: [COMPLETED] Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Post by TimFun13 »

Request completed, table posted here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7964
Make a new thread in General Gamehacking to continue the discussion about save file editing, if needed.