Cross Code V1.0

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
edale
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by edale » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:59 am

Lord Blade wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:37 pm
So, new aggravation to make a request for. lol

I've got access to the brewing maching. Jeeze that thing is crazy. Keeping high heat, while doing things in time and all that? I'm terrible at it.
My advice there? Keep trying until you can clear the introductory quest and unlock the repeatable one, then move on in the game and come back later.

It may seem insane now, but by the time you get to the later areas of the game it'll seem much easier.

As far as cheats for the area? I'm not aware of any.

Some quick looking through the files tells me that the files that would need to be edited are either:
assets\data\enemies\heat\special\brew-machine.json
or
assets\data\enemies\heat\special\brew-bubbler.json

But looking through the code of both I can't make heads or tails of any of it... Should give a starting point for anyone better at coding to take a look though.

inknow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by inknow » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 am

@edale can I make a request? I'm looking for overheat reduction (halving it should be enough), x10 gold, min 5 exp gain, and %100 drop rate. I don't want to trivialize the game, I just want to lessen the grind.

Thank you!

edale
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by edale » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 am

inknow wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 am
@edale can I make a request? I'm looking for overheat reduction (halving it should be enough), x10 gold, min 5 exp gain, and %100 drop rate. I don't want to trivialize the game, I just want to lessen the grind.

Thank you!
The current exp code multiplies the exp gained, so at 5x exp, the min exp you'll gain is 5.

I might be able to modify the code a bit so you have normal exp gain, but if it's less than 5 it'll give 5 instead, but I'm not sure I can make it work.

You want 5x exp; or normal exp, with 5 exp minimum?

edale
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by edale » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:32 pm

inknow wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 am
@edale can I make a request? I'm looking for overheat reduction (halving it should be enough), x10 gold, min 5 exp gain, and %100 drop rate. I don't want to trivialize the game, I just want to lessen the grind.

Thank you!
-Overheat Reduction (50 to 100, should about 1/2 it, I believe)
-10x gold
-100% drop rate from plants and enemies
-Normal exp gain with a 5 exp minimum gain (yea, I made it work)
Attachments
game.compiled-inknow.zip
(719.28 KiB) Downloaded 19 times

inknow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by inknow » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:12 am

Sorry I disappeared for a day, didn't expect that prompt of a response! Thank you very much!

edale
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by edale » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:25 am

inknow wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:12 am
Sorry I disappeared for a day, didn't expect that prompt of a response! Thank you very much!
No problem.

The mods themselves are a matter of 5-6 minutes to make; so it's not really an issue customizing one like this.

inknow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by inknow » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am

TBH I have some coding experience so I looked over the script and

what in the name of holy fuck is those var names.

The code itself isn't too complex - but just reverse engineering the meaning out of the code is just mind boggling. Kudos to whoever did that, and shame on the devs.

edale
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by edale » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm

inknow wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:58 am
TBH I have some coding experience so I looked over the script and

what in the name of holy fuck is those var names.

The code itself isn't too complex - but just reverse engineering the meaning out of the code is just mind boggling. Kudos to whoever did that, and shame on the devs.
It's called code obfuscation. There's some info about the process here:
https://www.preemptive.com/obfuscation
Specifically, CrossCode uses Rename Obfuscation.

And some of the sections still have strings which let you figure out vaguely what that chunk of code is for.

inknow
What is cheating?
What is cheating?
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by inknow » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 am

edale wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm
It's called code obfuscation. There's some info about the process here:
https://www.preemptive.com/obfuscation
Specifically, CrossCode uses Rename Obfuscation.

And some of the sections still have strings which let you figure out vaguely what that chunk of code is for.
But why would they do it in this case though? Who does that benefit? It's not like they really need to secure anything because it's a single player game.

edale
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:54 pm
Reputation: 5

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by edale » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:01 am

inknow wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 am
edale wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm
It's called code obfuscation. There's some info about the process here:
https://www.preemptive.com/obfuscation
Specifically, CrossCode uses Rename Obfuscation.

And some of the sections still have strings which let you figure out vaguely what that chunk of code is for.
But why would they do it in this case though? Who does that benefit? It's not like they really need to secure anything because it's a single player game.
It's copywritten code, they don't want people just copy/pasting it into their own game.

User avatar
Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:52 am
Reputation: 27

Re: Cross Code V1.0

Post by Lord Blade » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:45 pm

Techno665 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:50 am
Timers:
Double
(For Timers Use Value between and set them 1 second before and 1 after E.g. if it was 5 Seconds, use 4 and 6, don't worry about doing decimals, E.g. if you have 5.23 Seconds just do 4 and 6)
I've been trying that, but I haven't been able to find a value.
If I do an ALL search, I find values, but they only seem to be the display numbers, and not the actual timers (so switches still reset).

I'm in the Sapphire area and just horribly screwed with all the timed jumping and hitting switches and such. Not coming anywhere close to getting it in time.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users