Post by MrViSiOn »

[media=youtube]5rAkUGyJBWE[/media]

[B]Game Name:[/B] theHunter Classic

[B]Game Engine:[/B] Don't know

[B]Game Version:[/B] Last

[B]Options Required:[/B] Stop animals when they note your presence

[B]Game/Steam Website:[/B] [URL]https://www.thehunter.com/[/URL]

[B]Other Info:[/B]

I 've capable to hack info ammo and "not to scare" animals when they saw the hunter. One hit too.

But Do you think is possible to "stop" the animal walking? I'm trying to seek values for running or walking. I don't really know if animal movement is controlled by a matrix, but I'm lost about this, I think that this game is easy to hack.

What do you think? I have my CheatEngine project (but It is some "dirty" - not clean xD) do you want me to attach it?

Thank you!

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

theHunter Classic

Post by SunBeam »

As far as I know, the game engines of today use a main processing function for all entity/pawn coordinates.

That being said, find your player's XYZ (use any of the methods you know of; or watch some tutorial), debug any of them (say X) [I]on access[/I] and pick one instruction; follow it in disassembly view, right-click, "find out what addresses this instruction accesses". A window should pop-up and hopefully a list of addresses will show-up. If you only see [B]1 address[/B], then only your player's X is processed; if that's the case, pick another instruction from the debug list and repeat.

Once you found one instruction that accesses more than just your player's X, those are X-es of other entities. First replace the instruction with code that does nothing (NOP it). Make sure you have some animal in sight. Change your X manually (or Y) to a value that brings you close to the animal (keep in mind that once you do the NOP, you can't move; but neither can they). Once you're close to the animal, you can better observe what it's doing (although, hopefully, it won't move).

If you can't find anything with what I said above, then game engine uses different routines for player movement vs. animals movement. Might have to do with what's called [B]Biped[/B] or [B]Quadruped[/B] components (keep in mind humans have 2 legs; animals have 4). Each leg is an entity component, with its own XYZ :p In terms of skeletal components, as parts of the entity.

And you'll have to also read-up on game programming to understand how real-life concepts apply to games. And from that to how to get to methods of finding their positions, speed, etc.

BR,

Sun

P.S.: If none of this makes sense to you, then ignore my post :)
Last edited by SunBeam on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrViSiOn
Noobzor
Noobzor

theHunter Classic

Post by MrViSiOn »

Thank you so much for this Tips... I wll follow em and try to find that values, this is a simple game (with a simple AI) so I think it will be easiest option

Thank you, i ll write back with news about my progress

MrViSiOn
Noobzor
Noobzor

theHunter Classic

Post by MrViSiOn »

After a few hours searching in memory, I finally find coordiinates from hero and from animals... they are accesed by the same rutine... if I nop that instruction just for animals they stop, even if they are running, they never move...

Now I need to find the diference between hero's coordinates from animal's... animals are objects created and destroyed while you walk through the world... hero's object is always the same address while you don't close the game (this address is dinamic)

Heros''s address position object is at the beginning of memory (less than 20000000 adress) animal are at the end (more than 60000000). I was comparing structures with its offsets but I can not find difference between hero's and animal's coordinates structures.

Added to this, and sometimes (don't know when) game crashes when animal (only one instructions) is nopped for animals....

Any suggestion on how could I continue with this project?

HunterJonah
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: theHunter Classic

Post by HunterJonah »

Could you guys see if there is a way to put a list or like be able to only pull in rares from a different command because cheat engine dosnt work for classic