[SOLVED] Surviving Mars

Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Pez
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: Surviving Mars

Post by Pez »

Apparently there were console commands enabled on the press release version, but it's disabled on the public release. That could be the cheat menu you are seeing.

fakerlol
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by fakerlol »

SupremeSoviet wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:31 pm
I have found the money value. At the moment the max you can set it to in game is 4,000m for some reason but here is how you find it.

For example.
Say you have 1,460m money.
Search under 4 bit for 1460000000
The game actually take the extra zeros behind the M for million litterally. So 1,460,000,000 is the actual amount of money you have.
Max settable is 4,000,000,000 or 4000000000 If you set it hihgher than this it will circle around with some random number lower than 4000m Not sure how to resolve that.
Dude you're quite late with that, and the type of the money-address is neither 4 bit, nor 4 Bytes, its 8 Bytes. Of course your value overflows over 4billion, its 2^32, the limit of 4 Bytes. So in theory you can set your money to (2^63)-1 without any problems.

prrovoss wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:03 pm
I dont know if the is the right forum or thread:
Does anyone have the decompiled lua scripts from the Lua.hpk? Because i managed to unpack, patch and then decompile them. But i dont know if thats something new or if im late to the party :D
I also couldnt find any other site that contains inoffical informations about modding
Well I couldn't decompile them unfortunately, unpacking was rather simple.
I followed the instructions an user made in this board to modify luadec to read the lua5.3 files in the unpacked files from the hpk's, but no success for me.
I'd really like to increase the capacity of the RCTransporter and can't find ANY information how to do it at all, there isn't even a list of Classes and its properties that the game-devs published. How the hell are we supposed to create elaborate mods when we don't know how to interface with the game...

Darkedone02
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Darkedone02 »

I think this is a game where mods are the way for cheating, and mod making is quite powerful for this game.

ChoGGi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ChoGGi »

Pez wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:19 pm
Apparently there were console commands enabled on the press release version, but it's disabled on the public release. That could be the cheat menu you are seeing.
Yeah, I've gotten the console enabled, but any commands just give a "Attempt to use an undefined global 'ConsoleExec'" in the log.
What I've seen seems to be a developer menu that shows up in-game.

BellyCrusher
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by BellyCrusher »

ChoGGi wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:25 pm
BellyCrusher wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:27 pm
My game crashes when using this mods (cheats) when trying to save the game around SOL 150. No crash logs :/ Anyone having the same problem?
Which mods?
Logs are stored in %APPDATA%\Surviving Mars\logs

The ones posted above very one from fearlessrevolution plus the rest from the other guy. Like I said I have no logs stored in that folder of any of the crashes that happened. No idea why, maybe when the game crushes in saving there is no log :/

Sharpyku
Cheater
Cheater

Post by Sharpyku »

someone can explain me how i turn on the mod? i activated from Mod Manager, when i'm in the game how i turn on?

ChoGGi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ChoGGi »

Flings mods don't work, I think I'm the other guy, but which of the mods have you enabled in the mod manager?

Each time the game starts it'll make a new log, it doesn't seem to dump much of anything until after it quits, so that's probably why it's not adding anything about crashing, if you could start the game, load your save then quit, then attach the most recent log here (or send a pm so we can keep it out of this thread).

Oidem
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Oidem »

The Mogician wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 pm
Adds a new commander that unlocks all the breakthrough technologies and +2 rockets

Just wanted to say thank you for that aweseome Mod!
I kinda dislike it that you can only find a specific amount of breakthrough per match.

Is there any possibility to change the instant unlock into that breakthrough are discovered but not researched?
So you can research those breakthroughs you only want to have?
Having all Breakthroughs unlocked is kinda Overpowered :D

But still thanks :)
Sadly i don't know how to find the command to change GrantTech into the one i would like to have.

ChoGGi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ChoGGi »

Oidem wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:49 am
I kinda dislike it that you can only find a specific amount of breakthrough per match.

Is there any possibility to change the instant unlock into that breakthrough are discovered but not researched?
So you can research those breakthroughs you only want to have?
Having all Breakthroughs unlocked is kinda Overpowered :D

But still thanks :)
Sadly i don't know how to find the command to change GrantTech into the one i would like to have.
I posted a mod on [Link], it lists all the research items/breakthroughs. It only unlocks them as researched though, on the bright side you can unlock as many or as few as you want.
Last edited by ChoGGi on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

sportled
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by sportled »

would love to be able to place many more of that earth like geo dome.. :(

prrovoss
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by prrovoss »

fakerlol wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:23 pm
prrovoss wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:03 pm
I dont know if the is the right forum or thread:
Does anyone have the decompiled lua scripts from the Lua.hpk? Because i managed to unpack, patch and then decompile them. But i dont know if thats something new or if im late to the party :D
I also couldnt find any other site that contains inoffical informations about modding
Well I couldn't decompile them unfortunately, unpacking was rather simple.
I followed the instructions an user made in this board to modify luadec to read the lua5.3 files in the unpacked files from the hpk's, but no success for me.
I'd really like to increase the capacity of the RCTransporter and can't find ANY information how to do it at all, there isn't even a list of Classes and its properties that the game-devs published. How the hell are we supposed to create elaborate mods when we don't know how to interface with the game...
- First you have to unpack them from the hpk with any tool you can find on the internet (i found mine on a tropico 5 forum)
- The lua files you will get are LZ4 compressed. In addition to that they seem to use some kind of custom LZ4 compression header. Use this script to decompress and patch the compiled lua files: [Link]
- After that you can decompile them with any lua 5.3 decompiler. I suggest using this one [Link]. At least thats what i used. It produces some errors here and there, i dont know if there is a better decompiler out there.

here is the decompilation result of the Lua.hpk:
[Link]

ChoGGi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ChoGGi »

prrovoss wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:17 am
[Link]
Thank you, that made it a little easier to read the files, I can't seem to convert them properly (I just get the same error I did whenusing hpk and luadec). Could I trouble you to also convert Data.hpk?

Edit:
Thanks to prrovoss I found out how to unlock the cheat info pane section:
It'll allow you to fill up rockets with supplies, restock surface rock formations, quick build anything, etc.
I added it to my [Link] mod post
Last edited by ChoGGi on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

prrovoss
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by prrovoss »

ChoGGi wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:56 am
prrovoss wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:17 am
[Link]
Thank you, that made it a little easier to read the files, I can't seem to convert them properly (I just get the same error I did whenusing hpk and luadec). Could I trouble you to also convert Data.hpk?
Sure no problem, but you'll have to wait until i get home in about 6 hours^^

ChoGGi
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by ChoGGi »

Oh, no rush; I'm heading off to bed :)

Kaedus
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Kaedus »

ChoGGi wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:11 pm
Edit:
Add a cheat section to the left info pane (careful pressing malfunction), and a bunch of other cheats (commented out, see items.lua)
It'll allow you to fill up rockets with supplies, restock surface rock formations, quick build anything, etc.
CheatMod_EnableCheats.zip
How does it work? I removed the " -- " from the desired functions, but still nothing.